Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their jobs

ShiningStar

Reaction score
a good job overall, but than it leaves a lot up to the coaches.

Will KM do well? TBD
Was bringing Wittenn back worth it? TBD
What will the draft bring, big question mark
Will the roster be trimmed of the fat? TBD
Why do we still have the ST coach? bad move not firing him
Should KR be promoted to DC and RM told to go after the quarters backs, or better yet released?

All these questions, affect the team way more.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So, we're not at the draft yet, and let's have a look at what we've gotten done this off-season.

• Needed a FA Safety? Got George Iioka
  • Needed a DT? Got Hyder
  • Lost a slot receiver in Beasley? Got Cobb who can also be used on the outside
  • Need a TE? Persuade Witten to return
  • Need Lee to take a paycut? Done!
  • Need a DE to help with losing Gregory to suspension? Done! Get Quinn!
  • Trouble with DLaw's contract? Not to worry! Problem solved today!
And, again, this is all without the draft. This is what I've been asking for from the FO! This is more like it! Still would like a 1T DT and a full on safety in the draft. However, as far as I'm concerned, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their job. I think we're right now on the fringe on a Super Bowl contender roster. Now it's time for Jason Garrett to do his job. Coach them up, and let's get this assembled team to the Super Bowl. I've never seen us in the NFCC, but I think the time has now come for us to get number 6! For how this off-season has gone and how I think this season will go, as TO said, get your popcorn ready! Do your job, Garrett! Bring one back to Dallas!

They signed some players, as they've done since the 90s. Their job is to produce results, at least I'd hope that's the case. Garrett is just the latest scapegoat.

kevm3

Reaction score
If Jerry and Stephen would have really done their jobs, they would have hired a GM, let him hire an HC of his choice and move out of the way. The offseason signings have bene solid, but Jerry and Stephen just need to cut the check and play the background.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm fairly pleased with the way Stephen handled a difficult situation with DL and his agent. To me, it seemed somewhat underhanded for DL to hold his surgery hostage to get what they wanted contractually. All things considered, I think negotiations ultimately ended up being handled well.