Jerry Jones: 'Boys will 'absolutely' make playoffs

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: 'Boys will 'absolutely' make playoffs

Updated: November 13, 2008, 5:22 PM EST
8 comments add this RSS blog email Print

IRVING, Texas (AP) - Jerry Jones "absolutely" believes the Dallas Cowboys will make the playoffs, would welcome Adam "Pacman" Jones back to the team if he's reinstated and isn't considering a coaching change.
The Cowboys owner, in an impromptu gathering with reporters during practice Thursday, said he expects his struggling Cowboys to recover. They have gone from Super Bowl favorites to a 5-4 team tied for third place in the NFC East after losing four of their past six games.

"That's not optimism," Jones said. "I just see that we were going to have to be a team that (was) playing well and won a lot of games at the end of the year to be what we want to be anyway."

Cornerback Adam Jones was suspended indefinitely last month for violating the league's personal conduct policy. Commissioner Roger Goodell said he would determine the length of the suspension after four games, which would be after Sunday's game in Washington.

Speculation about coach Wade Phillips' job status has intensified in the past month.

The Cowboys were already struggling when quarterback Tony Romo broke a pinkie in a loss at Arizona and missed three games. Dallas lost two of three without him, and the only win was notable for being the worst offensive performance in a victory in franchise history.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8791018/Jerry-Jones:-

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think we still have a very good shot at making post season. We will see starting sunday night

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2416488 said:

:laugh2:

A man's gotta have hope.
It's free for us, but he's laid down some serious cash for these bozo's and if he's not optimistic, he'll end up in a straight jacket.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2416490 said:
:laugh2: Dave - I was surprised it took you so long to reply. ;)
And I was nice about it. Hope he don't bet the oil fields.:D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
see Hostile, this is the "it starts at the top" thing. This team barks more than it bites.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
vta;2416494 said:
:laugh2:

A man's gotta have hope.
It's free for us, but he's laid down some serious cash for these bozo's and if he's not optimistic, he'll end up in a straight jacket.

He has to be certifiable.;)

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2416498 said:
And I was nice about it. Hope he don't bet the oil fields.:D

Jerry won't bet. He's too busy looking for a cheap loan. :)

thewireman

Reaction score
Jerry reminds me of a fast talking car salesman

Everything is fine, don't you worry...everything is just fine.

car_salesman.jpg

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
thewireman;2416508 said:
Jerry reminds me of a fast talking car salesman

Everything is fine, don't you worry...everything is just fine.

car_salesman.jpg

Fast talking salesmen can speak with out smacking there lips and saying uh ten times in a five word sentence.:D

Mansta54

Reaction score
The title is a bit misleading to get a spark going I'm sure. JJ said he "absolutely believes the Boyz will make the playoffs". That's much different then JJ saying the "Boyz will absolutely make the playoffs". Again, its the writter/media twisting things... Anyway, it's JJ team and he should feel that the team will make the playoffs. Hell, I think they'll make it too...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2416499 said:
see Hostile, this is the "it starts at the top" thing. This team barks more than it bites.
Not a thing wrong with what he said and I still reject that philosophy as out of touch with the game of football.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile;2416526 said:
Not a thing wrong with what he said and I still reject that philosophy as out of touch with the game of football.

Don't make me take another dollar from you ;)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mansta54;2416522 said:
The title is a bit misleading to get a spark going I'm sure. JJ said he "absolutely believes the Boyz will make the playoffs". That's much different then JJ saying the "Boyz will absolutely make the playoffs". Again, its the writter/media twisting things...
Exactly.

I do wish Jerry would shut up, but I'm sure this will be spun into Washington bulletin board material somehow guaranteeing that we'll win this week, and that's not what he said at all.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
If we don't, hell be the last person to suffer any reprisals.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Mark Schlerth or whatever his name is from espn agrees that we will make the playoffs. he also said he agrees with my sig.