Jerry Jones comments on free Agency

RamziD

Reaction score
You are proving my point I think
You can't worry about next year's cap hits and at the same time say these cap hits are low because they are Year One

Then Year One cap hits for Dak, BJones and ACooper will be really low too

By Year 3 Witten, SLee, TCrawford and AHurns will be gone.... there is always room

and TColeman joined a team-SF with 3 starting RBs.... he is not going to start there
EThomas is no bigger injury risk than anyone else

Yeah, I think Dallas is always looking ahead which is not a bad idea, but the cycles in the NFL have gotten shorter and I don’t think they’ve adjusted. A poster said last week that Dallas seems to want to build a dynasty, but I’m not sure that’s even possible anymore.

lukin2006

Reaction score
What did Romo magically make happen? He hasn't been any further than Dak in the 2nd round of the playoffs and he's had plenty of talent around him, unless magically prime Dez, prime Witten, Terrell Owens, Demarco Murray, Martellus Bennett and others aren't talent.

Let me see. Romo played most of his career with a defence when under pressure sank faster than the Titanic, Romo had an inferior offensive line, never had a dependable back until DeMarco, and he never had a receiver like Cooper...and I did not have to wait until the 4th quarter for Romo to find his groove...and a younger Romo in that Ram playoff game hangs 30+ on the Rams. You think Romo would have just handed the ball off in a futile running game...nope Romo turns that game into a shootout.

Cebrin

Reaction score
And it got toasted by team that used FA and trades to supplement its lineup and get to the Super Bowl.

Trying to win through draft only keeps you a step behind those who are willing to add some key pieces while also retaining their own core players.
We got toasted, because we invested in a guy that would rather smoke pot, than play football. I'd bet that gashing up the middle would have been toughter with a reliable DT.

Cebrin

Reaction score
That is true, we have a good team.
But I think fans are waiting for them too get better, they talked about improving the team blah blah! Signing your own players is awesome but you don't get better.
I get it. There is a silver lining. A lot of good players need to be resigned, tho. I feel like we're only a few chips from being there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"It reminds me of when I first came in the NFL. We had great players and that's where we (spent our money)." They traded the only great player they had, what the hell is he running off about now? The guy can just open his mouth and the stupid thoughts just come tumbling out.

The truth is he and his brain trust are too poor at evaluating FA talent and pricing it accordingly to be a player there.