News: Jerry Jones intrigued by Lincoln Riley?

Syron

Reaction score
I question Riley's ability and scheme working in the NFL. I also question his ability to be a HC at the NFL level. he has a learning curve of at least 2 years. if we were rebuilding, I would say, take a shot, if it doesn't work, then you are reloading for the next coach. but we are as you said, have talent and need a proven NFL coach....not a college, will it work out or not coach.
Definitely a risk. I grant you that.

My main reason for wanting him is actually what he has done with the QB position. I would say, Franchise Dak. Bring in Lincoln and see how it plays out. If it doesn't work, we cut our loses and start over. I would rather take the big gamble here then bring in some nfl re-tread and commit to another 5 years of this. But just my 2 cents.

14theuterthumb

Reaction score
Super Bowl appearance with a loss this year with Garrett and Garrett signs extension

-OR-

We display pitiful effort the rest of the season and Garrett is released and Jerry hires Riley?

Which would you choose and why?
Sadly, I would pick The Clapper being released. I don’t understand why more people don’t bring up all of the presnap stuff. Lack of execution, GreenBay, I tell my wife ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS PLAY 1:42 OF CLEAN FOOTBALL and they win. I’m thinking if it’s Jimmy or Parcells it probably happens more than not. Not with the clapper, this team ALWAYS spits the bit.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Less than Garrett. The Joneses do not want a guy to run his own show, they want a guy to do what they tell him to do and not make waves.

Get ready for it should they make the change. All of those years of Garrett trying to work on Booger to get him to change from the sexy picks to the foundation and stop thinking triplets is going to start over.

Know what I think? I think in a very short time those that were ecstatic over getting Garrett's ticket punched are not going to be so happy because they didn't appreciate the value of Garrett. He's not a sideline coach, not a tactician but what he is to that FO is a voice of reason about personnel and building a team. He's a Booger influencer and when he's gone, there will be one less if he hires Riley. Booger is not listening to some ex college coach new to the NFL unless it's about the one thing he hired him for, the offense.

Well the last time two times Jerry hired a college coach those teams went to the Superbowl. As for the value of Garrett he is still coach in "training" as per what Jerry said. So you can throw that bathtub and the baby with it out the window with your argument that Booger even listens to Garrett. I bet that Garrett is nothing more than a "yes" man who just takes orders from Jerry and doesn't really have much say in terms of who really runs the team. So yes, I don't appreciate Garrett much. He is nothing more than Jerry's lap dog.

The only reason why he hasn't been fired is probably Jerry is still wanting him to see him succeed. His ego of proving himself right about Garrett is worth more to him even if the entire team is stuck in mediocrity for another 10 years. Our team is cursed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think if the team continues to falter and the Dallas media and fans continue to raise holy hell about their problems, Jerry could be tempted to make a change in his coaching staff. It's not altogether out of the realm of possibility that such a scenario might occur, by the looks of things. The remainder of the Cowboys' schedule gives a good indication of being one that might easily challenge them profoundly.