Jerry Jones: Not closing any doors on the possibility of keeping Jason Garrett

erod

Reaction score
Jerry is panicked.

He REALLY doesn't want to hire anybody

Sydla

Reaction score
The operative word there is he did not say coaching. It would not surprise me if Jerry puts Jason in the front office in some scouting capacity. I don’t know if a new head coach would be good with the old head coach floating around but I would not put it behind Jerry to do something like that.

As I said, Garrett in a front office role would be the most idiotic thing Jerry could do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry may in the end feel like he has to ditch Garrett, but he does not want to. Every bone in his body dreads what comes next.

Too bad. Feel our pain as fans for the last decade. Suffer clown.

You either quit Garrett or you quit your fanbase. Your call.

yimyammer

Reaction score
As I said, Garrett in a front office role would be the most idiotic thing Jerry could do.

yet its the most Jerry thing to do

I'm betting Garrett never coaches again and ends up with somewhere on jeri's payroll

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry is panicked.

He REALLY doesn't want to hire anybody

I don't believe he has a plan in place for any of this. A good owner/GM would be prepared for something like this.

Jerry never believed he's be in this position with Garrett. I don't think he ever fathomed we wouldn't even be in the playoffs a few weeks ago.

He's caught with his pants down due to his own stubbornness, loyalty and ego.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why should it matter if he has a job in the FO? At least he's not HC and he's not on the field.... That should be a win for all

Because no coach worth his salt is going to want to coach here and have Garrett, Jerry's golden boy, in his ear telling him what the coach did wrong or what he would have done differently.

Garrett needs to leave the organization. Giving him another role is just more of the same BS that has led to over 20 years of futility.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Garrett with new top level offensive ( like a Kubiak) AND defensive coordinator (Marvin Lewis)?????? or
Fire all assistants and allow Jason to choose his own new staff??????

One thing obvious though, Jerry's struggling with it.

MS17

Reaction score
Senility and encroaching dementia is a very sad thing to watch. Jerrah has ruined a fine organization and the needed critical decisions (Troy referred to them today) are much too weighty and complex for this owner to handle. Pathetic.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the time the tweet was posted? It was halftime...... find Jerry and see what he has to say now. The season wasn't over and the NFCE championship was still possible when the comment was made.