Twitter: Jerry Jones on the DL Rotation with Michael Bennett

Carson

Reaction score
Never thought we’d ever land Michael Bennett.

Hated the dude when he was with Seattle and Philthy!

I do know this, the cat was a player for both teams. It was said on 105.3 The Fan that he still has a big love for football, and we got him extremely cheap. He can only help the D-line being that he can play inside or out. He’s stout against the run and definitely can rush the passer. Can not fault the FO for making this trade.

If it doesn’t work, we’re not losing hardly anything.

I look at it this way. He produced in limited action in New England. When in New England, you do your job and nothing else. Outside of Chandler Jones, people don't tend to put up eye popping numbers there. He can still play and produce. He will be damn good here

MikeB80

Reaction score
What does Garrett think?

one of the reporters should ask him how he really feels about this. Jason Garrett had to fire his brother John who was the tight ends coach here because of Martellus bennett lazy ways. John Garrett took the fall for Martellus because they used a 2nd rounder on him and he never got better and whined about having to block.

There is no way garrett is honestly just oh the team got better about this.

The other angle is, garrett is possibly looking at his last 9 games here so The jones's are probably not interested in his feelings on the issue.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I guess the Dorance Armstrong hype is over with at least for another year.

Yeah but I think Hyder is the guy most affected. I think both Armstrong and Hyder will see significant decrease in snap count. Ultimately Bennett will be #4 in snap count behind Lawrence, Quinn and Collins.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does Garrett think?
5gXoq3wh.jpg

Kaiser

Reaction score
I look at it this way. He produced in limited action in New England. When in New England, you do your job and nothing else. Outside of Chandler Jones, people don't tend to put up eye popping numbers there. He can still play and produce. He will be damn good here

He was also in a 5 technique in the NE 3-4 and is much better suited for our 4-3.

I'm really interested to see how he reacts to Marinelli and Garrett, but the bottom line is we paid nothing to get him .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess the Dorance Armstrong hype is over with at least for another year.

It's one of the rights of Fall. Armstrong looks great in the offseason and training camp, we buy into the hype, and then the season starts.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He brings attitude and intensity.

I love the pickup.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of it, but I remember this board thinking it was the dumbest thing ever when they signed Darren McFadden. And that turned out to be a good move.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The move makes total sense with Crawford on IR. Crawford was our utility guy playing run defense at end and pass defense at tackle. Bennett abilitywise is an upgrade over that. I don't know if he is personalitywise, but I think his ability makes this move worth a shot.

We had Joe Jackson out there not looking ready for more playing time when Quinn was out. We've tried playing Hill inside when he needs a lot of work. Depth and pass rush just got better unless Bennett goes off the rails.

End rotation: Quinn/Bennett, Lawrence/Hyder
Tackle rotation: Woods and Collins/Covington on run downs, Bennett and Collins on passing downs