Twitter: Jerry Jones says Cowboys could seek safety help before NFL trade deadline expires

cristglo

Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Cowboys swung for the fences to try and grab a starting caliber safety.

Listening to Tom Ciskowski (sp?) on the podcast the other day he was alluding to the fact that during the lead up to our 2nd round pick this year, there were a number of safeties on the board they had graded high and it was for that reason they went for the need at another position (DT) with the idea they’d likely be able to grab a quality safety later.

The takeaway is the team was considering taking a safety high with our 2nd round pick, so it’s not far-fetched they say “let’s address the need now” since they couldn’t during the draft.
Didnt they have a chance to grab a S in LTR rounds and they passed?

CB61

Reaction score
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/10/cowboys-eyeing-trades-for-safeties

"Nothing is on the table right now, JJ says, but this could be an area of focus, potentially as a replacement for strong safety Jeff Heath."

Would really like Damarious Randall. Plays the field, and doesnt seem to make the mental mistakes Heath makes. Very good tackler.
I really don't get why we do not give Donovan Wilson a shot? yes he is Young but he deserves a shot based on his play in preseason better to find out if he's able to do it now than later, I'm not saying make him the starter just get him in there and let him play some snaps

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I really don't get why we do not give Donovan Wilson a shot? yes he is Young but he deserves a shot based on his play in preseason better to find out if he's able to do it now than later, I'm not saying make him the starter just get him in there and let him play some snaps
I can't understand why he isn't getting snaps. He is a ball hawk and needs to play. Sometimes this coaching staff will play the younger guys and than sometimes they won't play them at all

Praxit

Reaction score
..crap.... get anyone. Heath is about avg as cheap Cola. We need a full dose of Pepsi.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I can't understand why he isn't getting snaps. He is a ball hawk and needs to play. Sometimes this coaching staff will play the younger guys and than sometimes they won't play them at all
They only won't play them if a person in front of them somehow got a C on their jersey. Remember these coaches love jags. Doesn't matter about their performance on the field. The fact that jeff heath, ty craw, barry church, orlando scandrick were captains is actually making me throw up

Aven8

Reaction score

really don’t get this either.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Cowboys swung for the fences to try and grab a starting caliber safety.

Listening to Tom Ciskowski (sp?) on the podcast the other day he was alluding to the fact that during the lead up to our 2nd round pick this year, there were a number of safeties on the board they had graded high and it was for that reason they went for the need at another position (DT) with the idea they’d likely be able to grab a quality safety later.

The takeaway is the team was considering taking a safety high with our 2nd round pick, so it’s not far-fetched they say “let’s address the need now” since they couldn’t during the draft.

This is the same logic that brought us Taco Charlton.

Good to see they are learning from their mistakes.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I think it’s not going to be a top end flashy safety.

it will be someone like Eric Murray. A good special teamer and situational player.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He played against scrubs. I like him down the line, but right now hell no

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

That makes zero sense.

You have several highly graded players at a position of need. But, let's try to be cute and hope that one of them makes it the next round and just force a pick for need at another position, ignoring the board.

But then again, that explains why our drafting was so horrific under his watch.