Twitter: Jerry Jones says Cowboys could seek safety help before NFL trade deadline expires

HungryLion

Reaction score
That makes zero sense.

You have several highly graded players at a position of need. But, let's try to be cute and hope that one of them makes it the next round and just force a pick for need at another position, ignoring the board.

But then again, that explains why our drafting was so horrific under his watch.

They did the same thing with Taco. Chose him over more highly rated players because they thought they could get corners later and there wouldn’t be as many defensive ends available.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That makes zero sense.

You have several highly graded players at a position of need. But, let's try to be cute and hope that one of them makes it the next round and just force a pick for need at another position, ignoring the board.

But then again, that explains why our drafting was so horrific under his watch.

If they had both S and DT graded equally as positions of need, then it would make sense to go the route they did just as a general principle.

Of course you could argue with their apparent rationale that DT was a bigger priority than S.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
They did the same thing with Taco. Chose him over more highly rated players because they thought they could get corners later and there wouldn’t be as many defensive ends available.

That rationale got us Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis, and had they picked the right pass rusher it would have worked out perfectly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is this Jerry's way of admitting the safety position is a problem despite his FO ignoring that problem that last few drafts? :huh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Just remembered that Dallas was also said to have inquired about Minkah Fitzpatrick before he was traded to the Steelers for a 1st rounder.

I think the takeaway is that the team has shown some clear interest in trying to improve the safety position since the season started.

My guess again is that if a trade does go down it will be for a starting caliber safety, rather than depth behind one of our current incumbents manning the spots now.

We’ll see...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
All I'm saying is let's get him some snaps instead of standing on the sidelines

He'd get taken to the shed right now. I wouldnt hate seeing him on the field tho. Everybody has got to start somewhere. Its not like we arent seeing Heath taken to the shed right now lol

CB61

Reaction score
He'd get taken to the shed right now. I wouldnt hate seeing him on the field tho. Everybody has got to start somewhere. Its not like we arent seeing Heath taken to the shed right now lol
You got it let him get taken to the shed a little bit the only way he's going to learn potty mouth are in nickel packages were there some protection

CB61

Reaction score
You got it let him get taken to the shed a little bit the only way he's going to learn potty mouth are in nickel packages were there some protection
Potty mouth damn this phone $700 and it still won't type right put him out there in nickel packages damn phone