Jerry Jones: We're a long way from the Super Bowl

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
This is a pretty strong indication that he's decided to extend Garrett's contract.
Exactly .. it makes perfect sense .. we are a long way off but he says he loves our guys .. means allot of more of the same

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Jerry comes to the realisation that with him as GM we are a loonnngggg way from a SB!

CPanther95

Reaction score
Maybe he meant it literally... like another season.

As fun as it is to pile on Jerry, he didn't say the Cowboys were years away from a Super Bowl. He specifically mentioned it being a year away. Not to say he thought the Cowboys were a year away, he was dodging the question regarding how far away the Cowboys were. His response was basically saying a lot can happen between this time of year and the next Super Bowl.

What I found most interesting was the fact that he really, REALLY did not like the overturned muffed punt call in the Pats/Chiefs game. He brought it up two separate times when the reporter was talking about expanding replay to prevent what happened to the Saints. He was talking about the unreliability of camera angles when viewing replays being why they always default to the call on the field and he followed that up with not understanding why they overturned that muffed punt.

It's pretty clear, like the rest of America, Jerry was rooting for the Chiefs.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Did anybody actually listen to the interview, or is it just easier and more fun to assume what he said from a headline? After all, headlines always accurately reflect the story and are never intended to mislead for the purpose of hooking readers, right?

He talked about how long it is until the next Suoer Bowl is played, and how long it seems while having to go through everything it takes to get there. He did not say the team lacks the ability to make it.

I don't think that makes it any better.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think that makes it any better.

How is “The next Super Bowl is a year away” not better than “the Cowboys are a long way from having the talent to compete for the Super Bowl”? One is just noting the time that has to pass to get there, and the other is saying the team can’t get there.

Sydla

Reaction score
9 out of 10 times Jerry opens his mouth, he says something silly.

I didn't listen to the interview. I played the percentages. Looks like this was one out of ten times he didn't say something completely insane.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, I for on know we are ALL so happy Jerruh let us in on this breaking news item...23 years and counting Jerruh...dude is the walking, talking definition of insanity. let's keep our 10 year mediocre OJT HC, I'm sure he will get lucky enough to trip and accidently fall into a SB.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We need to give Jerry a break. It has only been 23 years since the last SB and Garrett has only been coach for 9 seasons. Everyone around here needs to understand that this process takes time.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Long way from the super bowl? Yet, you keep an HC that has been here for 8 years...while still being a long way away?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I wanna direct everyones attention to the actual interview so we do not become a clickbait community that can only read headlines.

-Reminder-
Journalist use the Dallas Cowboys name to clickbait with false indicators in the headlines.

That is all!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he stalking "deer" between practices? ............sly old dog. The hat is the perfect disguise.