Jerry Jones worst moves

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Where does sighing Dak Prescott for 40 million a year rank in the long line of horrible Jerrah moves??? I’m putting it number 2 behind not getting along with Jimmy Johnson. Do you guys realize how screwed this team is for years to come with the cap hit on an a backup QB?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Where does sighing Dak Prescott for 40 million a year rank in the long line of horrible Jerrah moves??? I’m putting it number 2 behind not getting along with Jimmy Johnson. Do you guys realize how screwed this team is for years to come with the cap hit on an a backup QB?
A huge Mount of the salary cap dollars to one player

cowboysdoomsday

Reaction score
Is there a character limit? Too many to list here.

Dak. Zeke. Dlaw. Contracts that r going to be killing this team the next few years.

Taco over tj watt (sorry. Just watching him right now has me depressed. )

Naruto

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is in its own stratosphere of terrible decisions.

After that is the general culture he’s allowed to fester here that made trips to Cabo, Hot Boyz, cokehead QBs etc a thing

Third is signing a RB in an era that has almost completely gone away from the position to a ridiculous contract

fourth is the multiple trades for WRs depleting much needed draft capital over the years

fifth is extending Jason Garrett early in his first contract

Dak isn’t in the top 10 for me. You still need a Qb to win in this league and you can’t just dial 1-800 to find one

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
His problem is he can't take the media criticism. if he never signed zeke or dak the media would have gotten all over him. In reality it could have been a good move, but we'll never know. Cause JJ caves to media pressure and in the end looks dumb.

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
Number 1 through 10 - letting Jimmy go
11. Picking Switzer to replace Jimmy
12. Not drafting Moss
13. Keeping JG for 5 years too long
14. Not convincing Parcells to stay 1 more year.
15. Gailey, Campo, Wade
16. Quincy Carter

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Dak contract was dumb obviously

Zeke was a great back but you don’t give running backs big contracts

Cmac

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is in its own stratosphere of terrible decisions.

After that is the general culture he’s allowed to fester here that made trips to Cabo, Hot Boyz, cokehead QBs etc a thing

Third is signing a RB in an era that has almost completely gone away from the position to a ridiculous contract

fourth is the multiple trades for WRs depleting much needed draft capital over the years

fifth is extending Jason Garrett early in his first contract

Dak isn’t in the top 10 for me. You still need a Qb to win in this league and you can’t just dial 1-800 to find one
Speaking of Cabo.....would that include the Romo/Witten BFF trip?

Naruto

Reaction score
Giving Dak that contract probably guaranteed that Jerry won’t see another Cowboys Super Bowl. It will take at least several years after we get Dak off the books to field a championship level team.

Dak pretty much owns the NFC East when healthy. He could be making the playoffs consistently for the next decade. How many teams have let their playoff QB walk?

were going to be stuck in purgatory for at least another contract extension

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Dak contract, even with his struggles at times this season, is way way way down the list of bad moves by Jerry.

2 firsts for Galloway

1st and 3rd for Roy Williams

firing Jimmy

drafting taco over watt

hiring garret

keeping garret HC for a decade

The list goes on and on and on

ArtClink

Reaction score
His worst move is remaining our part time GM and phantom head coach then hiring a toothless lion hc with zero authority.