Jerry Jones? ?!!

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
How come no one is talking about him meddling in the game. He clearly is the one that ordered for Romo to be put back in last night. Why risk the potential for a more severe injury to a player which has have a history of back injuries by putting him back in the game. Weeden was not losing ground while he was in. I would have much rather took the risk of losing that game and letting him finish than the risk of having to have to finish the season. Jerry made that call before consulting with Garrett first and that irks me deeply. Let the coaches coach!

MaineBoy

Reaction score
some would say that's your problem right there.

"I told Jason that he would be back in," he said.

Based on Jones' explanation of his conversation, it's unclear if he was telling Garrett to put Romo back in the game, or if he was merely giving Garrett that heads up that Romo was ready.

The full quotes Clarence Hill of the Fort-Worth Star Telegram:

"I was here during the tail end of the examination and knew he planed to come back out and play if he were needed. Of course he was needed. I felt good that he could come back out. When he saw the opportunity he did. I told Jason that he would be back in."

Because Weeden was doing so badly, Jerry ? He was just leading drives and scoring points.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jerry-jones-explains-doing-talking-130713150.html

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
How come no one is talking about him meddling in the game. He clearly is the one that ordered for Romo to be put back in last night. Why risk the potential for a more severe injury to a player which has have a history of back injuries by putting him back in the game. Weeden was not losing ground while he was in. I would have much rather took the risk of losing that game and letting him finish than the risk of having to have to finish the season. Jerry made that call before consulting with Garrett first and that irks me deeply. Let the coaches coach!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

If he made the call then yes I agree with you completely that he shouldn't be doing that.

I don't know if he did or not. I haven't seen anything saying he did. I know they said last night that he told the sideline lady that Romo had indicated that he wanted to go back in and that he was trying to be able to go back in. Which, as I've said before, that isn't a bad thing from the leader of your football team and it's something that i know his teammates took notice of and will remember.

That said I don't know what part, if any, Jerry played in Romo playing but I'm going to lean toward the side that tells me that it didn't matter what Jerry, or anyone else was saying for that matter, because Romo himself wanted to go back in and talked his way back into the game with his team mates.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

Jones did not "order" that Romo go back in. Romo wanted to go back in and the medical staff and Garrett said he could function OK, hence he went back into the game. That is what I saw/heard watching the post game interviews last night and this morning. If you have evidence to the contrary, please share.

conner01

Reaction score
once jerry came out of the locker room he never spoke to the trainers at all. kinda hard to say jerry ordered him back in the game when the only person talking to the trainer was romo. put the tin foil hat away till next week

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Meddling? LOL Garrett is not in the locker room Jerry checked on Romo and let Garrett know what was going on it is no fricken big deal;. It is his team like it or not but in the overall picture this is another post of over blown hatred some have for Jerry it was no big deal. Jerry never told Garrett to play Romo the medical staff and Romo himself was why he re-entered the game

bounce

Reaction score
That's a whole lot of conclusions drawn from what you saw on TV.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I am talking about it PLENTY. I have been talking about it non-stop since 12 AM. Actually..I did go to bed...for about 3 HOURS! But I have hijackced about 15 threads talking about the egoes starting to surface after this great start to the season. We were never going 15 -1. But losing like we did....to this team...in our own house..AND I live in DC. It is tough to come to work today.

silver

Reaction score
Romo put himself back in. Weeden was doing enough to win, but hindsight is 20/20. Had Weeden floundered everybody would be on Garrett today for not allowing Romo back in. I doubt Jerry had any say so in the decision whatsoever.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Clearly you have super hearing to "know" he ordered Romo back in and of course the head coach risked further injury and a loss to appease the owner.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I am talking about it PLENTY. I have been talking about it non-stop since 12 AM. Actually..I did go to bed...for about 3 HOURS! We were never going 15 -1. But losing like we did....to this team...in our own house..AND I live in DC. It is tough to come to work today.

I knew it would be a tough games, game between Dallas and Washington normally are. I make no excuse Dallas played sloppy in all phases of the game. Only thing Cowboys can do now is try to learn from the mistakes and move on to Cards game which just got a lot bigger.

EST_1986

Reaction score

:facepalm:

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
What was the point of going to the sideline? All that info could be relayed to the owner's box.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The doctor did not want Romo back in the game. Obviously no one knows exactly what was being said on the sideline, but I don't think they were arguing about the weather. The doctor should've told Garrett Romo had not been cleared and been done with it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
no one really knows what happened. BUT it should have been clear within a play or two that Romo was NOT really close to being functional as needed. JG should have pulled him and did not. Frankly should not have put him back in the game. That is on him and i Piss on those blaming romo. That is the HC making the call unless Jerruh interfered which no one here should rule out.