Twitter: Jerry: Lets take it all the way

Don Corleone

Reaction score
He’s sending a message about expectations in my opinion. He’s been showing hints of a change in his expectations with more specifics of late. There is a reason for that.

He rarely discusses playoff expectations, so this is refreshing IMO. He may also realize he doesn’t have many years left and wants to see another Super Bowl in his lifetime.

Pants

Reaction score
JJ Po’d and is looking for results. Time will tell if the coaches are to be held accountable or not - normally I would say “of course they are safe” but it seems like there have been more definitive comments of late

Pants is dripping with anticipation

plymkr

Reaction score
Has Jerry finally sober?
Is he seeing the light?

Sounds to me is is putting the pressure on the coaches now. Win it now as he is tired of no playoff success.
Maybe I am just doing some wishful thinking. Playoff success or you are gone.
That's what it sounds like to me. Finally Jerry may be coming around.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
Everyone was pretty much counting the Cowboys in the playoffs prior to last Sunday’s game because too many bad things have to happen for them not to make the playoffs. Well the first scenario for them to miss the playoffs happened last Sunday. They lost and the Eagles and Commanders both won. Doubt many thought Philly would beat the Rams. If the same scenario happens on Sunday with the Cowboys losing and the Commanders and Eagles winning, the Cowboys are going to be in a must win situation in week 17 against the Giants on the road where the team has won only two games all season.

The Commanders and Eagles play each other in week 17 so one of those teams is going to lose unless the game ends in a tie. The last thing the Cowboys need to have happen is having to go to New York to win a do or die game. The Giants would be licking their chops having the opportunity to ruin our season. The Cowboys better take care of business on Sunday and get a win or this dream of a season that saw the greatest turn around in franchise history could end in a nightmare.

I concur. The Nightmare Scenario is a "win to get in" game vs. the NYG. Eli Manning would probably have a 400+ yard passing day or something equally insane. They Cowboys should want no part of that.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Heck yes let’s go all the way. The present is now,take one game at a time,and see where they wind up.

Eddie

Reaction score
Love those playoff wins over the past 20 years Jerry. Hall of Fame material.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I agree and I also think Jerry knows his own time is running out and wants to see another ring before that time comes. I think how this season ends up playing out will determine what Jerry does moving forward.
He should’ve made changes 5-6 years ago.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
LMAO yeah lets get this super guru qb coach in here to turn shaky into a real qb. Yep and let's get some oc who can turn a backup into a good backup starting qb. YEAH....

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think he is sending a message through the media coaches are coaching for their jobs and players are playing for jobs also the qb and the head coach have a lot to lose if they don't make the playoffs after getting this close if they don't make the playoffs I don't think any one from the staff stays

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The problem is he says things like this will no real plan or explanation on how it will happen.

He expects playoff victories just to happen because he wants to win.

Classic Boss mentality. "Get 'er done!", with no thought to how, while ignoring his part in the failures.