Twitter: Jerry: Lets take it all the way

Shneek814

Reaction score
Has Jerry finally sober?
Is he seeing the light?

Sounds to me is is putting the pressure on the coaches now. Win it now as he is tired of no playoff success.
Maybe I am just doing some wishful thinking. Playoff success or you are gone.
You sober bro?

Shneek814

Reaction score
Everyone was pretty much counting the Cowboys in the playoffs prior to last Sunday’s game because too many bad things have to happen for them not to make the playoffs. Well the first scenario for them to miss the playoffs happened last Sunday. They lost and the Eagles and Commanders both won. Doubt many thought Philly would beat the Rams. If the same scenario happens on Sunday with the Cowboys losing and the Commanders and Eagles winning, the Cowboys are going to be in a must win situation in week 17 against the Giants on the road where the team has won only two games all season.

The Commanders and Eagles play each other in week 17 so one of those teams is going to lose unless the game ends in a tie. The last thing the Cowboys need to have happen is having to go to New York to win a do or die game. The Giants would be licking their chops having the opportunity to ruin our season. The Cowboys better take care of business on Sunday and get a win or this dream of a season that saw the greatest turn around in franchise history could end in a nightmare.
You sound like someone that counted them out of the playoffs too on a week to week basis. **** man

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You sound like someone that counted them out of the playoffs too on a week to week basis. **** man

I counted them out when they were 3-5. I'm sure you did too unless you can provide a post saying otherwise. I knew the receiving corp would be a big problem entering the season and scoring points would be an issue. I thought the defense would be good. These are a couple of posts I made the day before the opener.

It's the receivers and a few other areas that have many predicting doom and gloom. Witten and Dez led the team in TD receptions last season. Witten was a dependable chain mover/security blanket for Dak and he was the teams number one leader. The Cowboys have nothing but JAGS at WR and TE until proven otherwise. Dak isn't the type of QB that makes receivers better, he doesn't throw them open. If he doesn't bounce back with a solid season the Cowboys aren't going to pay him and they'll be looking for another QB. We're playing with a backup center for the foreseeable future and that could affect the entire OL if Looney doesn't perform or gets injured. Part of the reason Rush and White looked so bad in preseason was our backup OL. Speaking of our backup QB situation it's as bad as I've seen.

Rush sucked in preseason with poor throws and suffering a number of turnovers. If Dak gets injured it will be 2015 all over again. We're entering the season with an unproven kicker who's never kicked in the NFL. Three of our top scorers from the past decade Dez, Witten and Bailey are gone. If Zeke is the only offensive threat we have and has to account for most of the Cowboys points they'll struggle to win 8 games. If Zeke gets injured good luck scoring points without him, Dez, Witten or Bailey. At least one receiver is going to have to step up BIG and pose a threat and our new kicker is going to have to be consistent especially in presser situations or I don't see how the Cowboys are going to contend this season.

Anything is possible this season regardless how bad things look, we've seen it in the past but in the past we had a lot of talent at the skill positions. There's no secret what opponents are going to attempt to do. They're going to be gunning to stop Zeke and force Dak and our receivers to beat them. If none of our receivers step up and become a threat it's going to affect Dak's performance and this will likely be a very long season and you can quote me on that.

Everyone was predicting doom and gloom heading into the 2014 season. Even Jerry wasn't his usual optimistic self but we had three offensive players have career years Romo, Dez and Murray and two of them received MVP votes. It looked bad for the Cowboys heading into the 2016 season but Dak and Zeke were the two top rookies in 2016 with Zeke leading the league in rushing.

If two or three skill position players have great years this season, you can almost bet the farm the Cowboys will be in the race all year with as many arrows that are pointing up with the defense. The only bright spot entering this season is the potential for a fierce pass rush with DLaw and Gregory if he can stay off the suspended list.