Jerry making mistake keeping Garrett

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Jimmy wasn’t fired for not being successful. Completely different circumstances.

Right which makes it even more implausible. I don’t want to oversimplify it but it seems pretty simple. Once you have fired the coach who just won back to back Super Bowls, everything else is a cakewalk

This idea that Jerry is doing this to try and protect his image doesn’t make sense to me. If he was that worried about how he would Be viewed by the media and the fan base, he wouldn’t make 95% of the decisions he makes

Like all the sudden the fan base is going to revolt now if he fires Garrett after winning the division at .500?

I think you can make a very strong argument
That a majority of the Fanbase wants Garrett gone. This could actually be one time where Jerry might actually get some positive affirmation for a decision he made. This idea that it’s somehow easier for him to stand pat just doesn’t make sense

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That means you’ve given up on the season. If you have then what difference does it make?
Where do you get that? I never thought this was the team to take it all this season, never bought into that "most talented" angle.

With this team, I am content to take the East, any playoff wins are a bonus. No team has taken the East back to back in 14 seasons and doing that would make me happy.

What's that? Setting my sights low? Well, if you consider how I rate this team in coaching and talent, 6th to start the season and they're still there, then no, I am getting exactly what I expected.

Every fan should ask themselves this question. If I am disappointed in the season, is that because of my expectations and were they realistic based on everything I know?

I started out with a 9-7 kind of season in mind but thinking that might possibly take it because the East is not a great division. Now, if you're a fan that had that lofty 13-3 or 12-4 in mind, I have one question for you. When have you ever seen an OC with 0 experience at that position and only one year at QBC lead a team to the Big Dance? Hell, he's got one of the top offenses and has done a terrific job considering this is his first rodeo. Several of those losses were player gaffes, he didn't call fumbles or picks.

I look at this team and see a 2nd tier NFC team, nothing has changed that. The coaching and talent is a match, tier 2.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t believe it’s fair to leave a Lame Duck HC in place. Not if you’re interested in making any noise in the playoffs.

Might as well just mail it in which is what I think some fans expect.

No, this decision is what’s best for Jerry.
You can repeat lame duck 1,000 times but as awful as JG is, he's got tons more HC experience. So who's going to do better in the playoffs? Go.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right which makes it even more implausible. I don’t want to oversimplify it but it seems pretty simple. Once you have fired the coach who just won back to back Super Bowls, everything else is a cakewalk

This idea that Jerry is doing this to try and protect his image doesn’t make sense to me. If he was that worried about how he would Be viewed by the media and the fan base, he wouldn’t make 95% of the decisions he makes

Like all the sudden the fan base is going to revolt now if he fires Garrett after winning the division at .500?

I think you can make a very strong argument
That a majority of the Fanbase wants Garrett gone. This could actually be one time where Jerry might actually get some positive affirmation for a decision he made. This idea that it’s somehow easier for him to stand pat just doesn’t make sense
Again you’re missing the point. Firing Garrett is easy.

My issue is it’s not what’s best for Cowboys Football to finish the season with a Lame Duck HC.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jason is a Lame Duck HC now. He’s gone regardless how we finish. Everyone knows it. I don’t believe he’d want to stay or be welcome if we made it to the Super Bowl.

You think that is a safe statement to make. That's the only reason you are making it. Not everyone agrees.

We still have a chance to finish strong and possibly make some noise in the playoffs.

Jason Garrett has earned the right to finish the season and see how it turns out. They players seem to agree.

Jerry is making this decision because it’s easier on him to leave Garrett in place because he doesn't really want another HC but the atmosphere is too toxic now for success with Garrett.

You are so presumptuous with this idea that Garrett is as good as gone. Is it not making the atmosphere even more toxic to keep Garrett around? It is certainly making you angry. How is keeping Garrett the easier decision? Jerry is taking a great heat of heat for this decision. Garrett having success at this late stage of the season is counter intuitive of your idea that Garrett sucks. What are you afraid of? How can that be?

We might still back-in to the playoffs cause Egirls are even a bigger mess than we are. But with current environment it’s not conducive for success here.

Replacing Garrett now is what you want, not what the players want. Just as long as you get what you want is all that matters. It's always about you, right.

After Thursday night it’s still not too late. We’ll have 10 days to adjust and hopefully provide a spark or we’ll otherwise possibly lose out. Which again will make the decision easier on Jerry.

That's just your opinion so don't go thinking nothing else is possible.

Jerry, have some balls and do us all and Jason a favor. Once you know someone’s time is up it serves no one to leave him in place.

Jerry isn't hearing you, you are so disrespectful. Garrett will get the rest of the season and nothing will be decided about his future until then. You sound so cowardly to not want to allow Garrett to finish the season.. Have some conviction in your belief that Garrett is so terrible. I guess you aren't capable of that. Wanting Garrett fired at this late stage is so pathetic, thinking he might have some success now. That would be your worst nightmare, Garrett winning the next 3 games, then having the luxury of rest his team in week 17 and having a fresh team in the wild card round. The team winning round after round in the playoffs and making it to the Super Bowl. Yes, that would be so terrible to you because you have to get what you want rather than the team seeing success. Your presence on this forum has never been about wanting the team to see success unless they do it your way... and isn't your way what is most important? :rolleyes: That's just pathetic of you to think that way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can repeat lame duck 1,000 times but as awful as JG is, he's got tons more HC experience. So who's going to do better in the playoffs? Go.
Who knows if you don’t give them a shot.

What do we have to lose?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

You think that is a safe statement to make. That's the only reason you are making it. Not everyone agrees.

Jason Garrett has earned the right to finish the season and see how it turns out. They players seem to agree.

You are so presumptuous with this idea that Garrett is as good as gone. Is it not making the atmosphere even more toxic to keep Garrett around? It is certainly making you angry. How is keeping Garrett the easier decision? Jerry is taking a great heat of heat for this decision. Garrett having success at this late stage of the season is counter intuitive of your idea that Garrett sucks. What are you afraid of? How can that be?

Replacing Garrett now is what you want, not what the players want. Just as long as you get what you want is all that matters. It's always about you, right.

That's just your opinion so don't go thinking nothing else is possible.

Jerry isn't hearing you, you are so disrespectful. Garrett will get the rest of the season and nothing will be decided about his future until then. You sound so cowardly to not want to allow Garrett to finish the season.. Have some conviction in your belief that Garrett is so terrible. I guess you aren't capable of that. Wanting Garrett fired at this late stage is so pathetic, thinking he might have some success now. That would be your worst nightmare, Garrett winning the next 3 games, then having the luxury of rest his team in week 17 and having a fresh team in the wild card round. The team winning round after round in the playoffs and making it to the Super Bowl. Yes, that would be so terrible to you because you have to get what you want rather than the team seeing success. Your presence on this forum has never been about wanting the team to see success unless they do it your way... and isn't your way what is most important? :rolleyes: That's just pathetic of you to think that way.
Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why does anyone want to hang on to the Coach they want gone after the season for rest of this season into the playoffs?

You want him fired.. but not yet. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Where do you get that? I never thought this was the team to take it all this season, never bought into that "most talented" angle.

With this team, I am content to take the East, any playoff wins are a bonus. No team has taken the East back to back in 14 seasons and doing that would make me happy.

What's that? Setting my sights low? Well, if you consider how I rate this team in coaching and talent, 6th to start the season and they're still there, then no, I am getting exactly what I expected.

Every fan should ask themselves this question. If I am disappointed in the season, is that because of my expectations and were they realistic based on everything I know?

I started out with a 9-7 kind of season in mind but thinking that might possibly take it because the East is not a great division. Now, if you're a fan that had that lofty 13-3 or 12-4 in mind, I have one question for you. When have you ever seen an OC with 0 experience at that position and only one year at QBC lead a team to the Big Dance? Hell, he's got one of the top offenses and has done a terrific job considering this is his first rodeo. Several of those losses were player gaffes, he didn't call fumbles or picks.

I look at this team and see a 2nd tier NFC team, nothing has changed that. The coaching and talent is a match, tier 2.
I get all of that.

I’m talking about now. Everything changed after the Patriot game. After the toxic environment Jerry punctuated we all knew then it was over Garrett after the season. Unless you don’t accept that then there’s no reason to hang on further. It then becomes what’s more comfortable for Jerry which is BS.

Jerry is still hoping Jason can save his job which most aren’t interested in. Ok. So then let’s move on and see what we can do without him. What do we have to lose unless you still think Garrett can save his job assuming he’d want to stay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Playoff games, that's what. You just don't understand.

Your hatred for Jones has derailed.
If we think Garrett can still win playoff games and take us where we want to go then why is his fate already determined?

And my intent as always is to expose Jerry for the fraud he is.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Why does anyone want to hang on to the Coach they want gone after the season for rest of this season into the playoffs?

You want him fired.. but not yet. Lol
Because we don't want any long term coaching from the rejects on this coaching staff. When Wade was here I wanted him fired right away. I eventually got my wish. Been paying for it ever since.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Again you’re missing the point. Firing Garrett is easy.

My issue is it’s not what’s best for Cowboys Football to finish the season with a Lame Duck HC.

But that’s why I am confused Greg. Earlier in the same thread you said it was easier for Jerry not to fire Garrett. You said this decision to play out the string with a lame duck coach is being made because it’s easier for Jerry

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You feel threatened that Garrett is going to start winning. So pathetic of you to not have the courage of your convictions.
You obviously have no idea what I’m saying and my support of Garrett over the years.

It doesn’t matter if Garrett starts winning the fan base doesn’t want him.

My argument is Lame Duck coaches are not a healthy environment.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think he’s gone anyway. Bottom line is this toxic environment with him still here isn’t conducive for success.

If you have any hope this team has enough talent to make a run Garrett must go .
He may be gone, but not till we are out of the playoffs. JJ will use that as a excuse to not fire him. He doesn’t want to fire him. He has to start over with another HC and establish his dominance. Easy to say I as the owner and GM has control of the players you have. But when it comes to things like talking to the players before the HC at game time or after a game. And letting players bypass the HC and talk to him. It cuts down a HC and does it in front of the players... i

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You obviously have no idea what I’m saying and my support of Garrett over the years.

It doesn’t matter if Garrett starts winning the fan base doesn’t want him.
I completely see what you are saying. It's all about what you want. The team seeing success can't happen unless it's done your way. Sound about right? :facepalm: