Jerry Not Sure Why Edelman Fumble Overturned

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Multiple angles showed it didn't touch him. There was only one angle where it look like it may have hit his thumb, other angles showed otherwise.

Watch the second angle. This isn't debatable at this point.

Touched his thumb.

JayFord

Reaction score
Lol how can anyone watch the 50 replays with 10 different angles and come away that it was not clear it didn't touch him? It was obvious

If you watch it with one eye closed and the other one darting back and forth it kinda looks like it hit Edelman

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry is just bitter that NE continues to put his franchise in the rear view mirror. He can't stand that he's not viewed as the owner of the league's best franchise.

And with the multitude of angles and zoom ins, it was clear as day that the ball never touched Edelman. The two camera angles from both sides of his hands showed the ball never got near either of his thumbs.

Sydla

Reaction score
I knew that it would be overturned, because Patriots.

I wasn't at all surprised by the total BS roughing the passer call, because Patriots.

I wasn't at all surprised by a penalty like the neutral zone infraction that didn't affect the play and wiped out Brady's pick that would've ended the game, because Patriots.

I was 100% that they would win the coin toss, because Patriots.

I hate that team so much. They're great. But they've also had so much luck, cupcake schedules and playoff runs, teams totally choking against them, they've cheated, and they get all the calls.

Of all the calls down the stretch, I think they got most of them right except for the roughing passer. That was horrendous.

And LOL at apparently suggesting the refs should overlook the fact Ford was offsides because hey, it didn't affect the play. Geezus.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
IMO it was clear he did not touch the ball and should have been overturned. Instant replay worked in this situation which is exactly why it was implemented.
I agree with this 100%. He never touched it and it was clear he didn't on the replay.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Meanwhile every team I’ve ever rooted for would have had the ball touch the player.....Helps to be good or great (they are) and catch semingly every break lol

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a ******. Its was so obvious only a dumb arse couldn't see it or even worse acknowledge it..

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I knew that it would be overturned, because Patriots.

I wasn't at all surprised by the total BS roughing the passer call, because Patriots.

I wasn't at all surprised by a penalty like the neutral zone infraction that didn't affect the play and wiped out Brady's pick that would've ended the game, because Patriots.

I was 100% that they would win the coin toss, because Patriots.

I hate that team so much. They're great. But they've also had so much luck, cupcake schedules and playoff runs, teams totally choking against them, they've cheated, and they get all the calls.

Omg. So you can up offsides now and it's ok as long as you don't affect the play?

I give up. I really do.....

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Of all the calls down the stretch, I think they got most of them right except for the roughing passer. That was horrendous.

And LOL at apparently suggesting the refs should overlook the fact Ford was offsides because hey, it didn't affect the play. Geezus.
I didn’t say they got it wrong or should overlook it. That was included because I had mentioned they have had so much luck too. If the dude was lined up two inches back, the game is over and the Chiefs go to the super bowl. This kind of stuff always happens for the patriots.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Count me in as "that anyone".

I never thought it was clear enough to overturn the call on the field. From every replay that I saw, I could never say one way or the other if his thumb had touched the ball or not. I'm not sure how anyone could say with 100% certainty that the ball did not touch his thumb.

On that note.. Brady would have pulled it off either way..lol

Pants

Reaction score
JJ don't want another team with 6 unless it's Dallas.

Cause as soon as NE gets 6, 7 is next.

people in the room yell "how about a 5th?" and JJ just raises his glass and says "I have a 5th every night?"