Twitter: Jerry not worried. I think

davidariust24

Reaction score
30 million is a great deal for Dak. They keep comparing him to Wentz. Wentz has played 8 games less than Dak that's half a season. For Wentz that's like 10-15 more TDs. This after a terrible rookie season.
Dak has been consistent around 22 to 23 TDs for three seasons. Wentz is the engine of his team this is why the top QBs get paid like they do. Zeke is the engine of this team . Dak has not shown he can be the engine of this team without Zeke. When teams play us they gear up to stop Zeke not Dak. It's not like that when you play vs Brees or Rodgers or Mahomes, even if they have a good running back. They try to stop the passing game in hopes that they run. I keep hearing about this hometown discount. I don't know what that is. They are not asking Dak for a hometown discount they are actually giving more money than what or how he plays. He should be in the Alex Smith, or players that arent the engines of their team range. You can attribute wins to a QB but ONLY when they are the engine of the team. QBs touch the ball every play of almost. Dak has a great team around him. He doesn't really make anyone better at least not yet. If running backs lasted as long as QBs , we'd be giving the 30 million to Zeke not Dak. I read he has the resume that deserves to be paid 35 million where in HIS resume does he have that? Wins can go to the QB but only when they are the engine again dak isnt the engine of this team. So those wins are team wins. We arent confused. The playoff games/appearances or wins , again team games and wins. Americas team ! What does that have to do with how much money you make when the salary cap is the same for every team? So where is it in his resume that says HE should get 35 million. That top 5 list shows 4 QBs that appeared in a SB. There is no doubt that if Wentz would have stayed healthy the year Foles won he would have appeared in that superbowl. He would have been the MVP and was on pace for 40 passing TDs . A number Dak may never reach
He averages 22. He hasn't had 30 passing TDs yet. He is getting 5 or 6 rushing TDs so that's a plus. My main point is you don't pay QBs top dollar and you arent even the engine of the offense. That makes no sense. We arent confused. Zeke is the engine of the offense. Intangibles don't score TDs. They don't give points on the board for intangibles. I like Dak but this talk of being tied with the highest paid is absurd. You want to be the highest paid player in the league when you arent even the most valuable on your own team. That makes no sense. You are really benefitting from the demand of the position or shortage of good QBs and the time/reps used t get them better. 30 million isn't a hometown discount. That really exceeds what a sub top 10 QB should make. They are are offering a sub top 10 QB top 5 money. Is that a hometown discount? No way. The guarantee money is something we don't know about. I do feel Dak is worth the guarantee money. He hasn't missed a game if he is hurt we don't know about it. If definitely give him 90 to 95 mill or more guaranteed but only at 30 mill per season.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bd6d928f5a8dfe95b6d91fade14a81711c3647cbb7743892ef0b5f0c7c36fa2c.jpg

stiletto

Reaction score
30 million is a great deal for Dak. They keep comparing him to Wentz. Wentz has played 8 games less than Dak that's half a season. For Wentz that's like 10-15 more TDs. This after a terrible rookie season.
Dak has been consistent around 22 to 23 TDs for three seasons. Wentz is the engine of his team this is why the top QBs get paid like they do. Zeke is the engine of this team . Dak has not shown he can be the engine of this team without Zeke. When teams play us they gear up to stop Zeke not Dak. It's not like that when you play vs Brees or Rodgers or Mahomes, even if they have a good running back. They try to stop the passing game in hopes that they run. I keep hearing about this hometown discount. I don't know what that is. They are not asking Dak for a hometown discount they are actually giving more money than what or how he plays. He should be in the Alex Smith, or players that arent the engines of their team range. You can attribute wins to a QB but ONLY when they are the engine of the team. QBs touch the ball every play of almost. Dak has a great team around him. He doesn't really make anyone better at least not yet. If running backs lasted as long as QBs , we'd be giving the 30 million to Zeke not Dak. I read he has the resume that deserves to be paid 35 million where in HIS resume does he have that? Wins can go to the QB but only when they are the engine again dak isnt the engine of this team. So those wins are team wins. We arent confused. The playoff games/appearances or wins , again team games and wins. Americas team ! What does that have to do with how much money you make when the salary cap is the same for every team? So where is it in his resume that says HE should get 35 million. That top 5 list shows 4 QBs that appeared in a SB. There is no doubt that if Wentz would have stayed healthy the year Foles won he would have appeared in that superbowl. He would have been the MVP and was on pace for 40 passing TDs . A number Dak may never reach
He averages 22. He hasn't had 30 passing TDs yet. He is getting 5 or 6 rushing TDs so that's a plus. My main point is you don't pay QBs top dollar and you arent even the engine of the offense. That makes no sense. We arent confused. Zeke is the engine of the offense. Intangibles don't score TDs. They don't give points on the board for intangibles. I like Dak but this talk of being tied with the highest paid is absurd. You want to be the highest paid player in the league when you arent even the most valuable on your own team. That makes no sense. You are really benefitting from the demand of the position or shortage of good QBs and the time/reps used t get them better. 30 million isn't a hometown discount. That really exceeds what a sub top 10 QB should make. They are are offering a sub top 10 QB top 5 money. Is that a hometown discount? No way. The guarantee money is something we don't know about. I do feel Dak is worth the guarantee money. He hasn't missed a game if he is hurt we don't know about it. If definitely give him 90 to 95 mill or more guaranteed but only at 30 mill per season.

Charlie Brown's teacher talking <eom>.....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It’s just another way of saying it’s out of my hands or out of my control. He’s waiting for the agents to counter offer or come back to earth.

And yet part of believes he’s pretending to be dumb and helpless while jerking everyone around. Dark humor

Blackrain

Reaction score
Hey Jerry Weight broke the wagon . Don't wait for help go get it. Our running game is as essential to this team as blood is to the body . Make sure we have an adequate replacement or Git Um Signed

Heck Jerry use your resources pay the Rams coach 50 k to have his defense miss a few tackles on Pollard this Sat so he has a real big game and Zeke starts to feel that knot in his belly . The better Pollard looks the less leverage Zeke has

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He lost as soon as he announced that they would essentially sign the Triplets at any cost.

His son, The Boy Wonder, doubled down on it. Now he's pounding his fist on the table about not being market-setters. What a clown show.

BTW, I vote we not call these guys Triplets until they win something. "That's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What in blazes...

Keywords | Key phrases

Driver of the car
= General Manager

Wreck = Either introduction of actual proposed salary increase by player/agent (e.g. Prescott & Elliott) or speculated and anticipated proposed salary increase (e.g. Cooper)

Hand severed trauma = perceive contractual requests that appear overwhelming initially

Didn't understand = Ignorance of proper planning and execution that would have detrimental effect

Anatomy = salary cap

Spurting blood = initial evaluation of the dilemma

Run to the woods = panic reaction

Educated man = qualified negotiator

Knows = comprehension

Squeezes/wait for help = Not wavering from established negotiating process/patiently await for players/agent agreement to mutually acceptable terms

Been there a lot and done that = 30 year tenure that includes experience in contract negotiations

--------------------------

Re-read the quote with the above key legend. One learns a thing or two closely watching and listening to him speak for three decades straight.

Signed - DallasEast, Jerry Jones Whisperer

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His son, The Boy Wonder, doubled down on it. Now he's pounding his fist on the table about not being market-setters. What a clown show.

BTW, I vote we not call these guys Triplets until they win something. "That's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
Batman and Robin can't have their cake and eat it too.
You are right about the nom de guerre, Tripletts. Right now, they are three players - they are fighters, but not title holders.