Twitter: Jerry on Garrett "I think we've got a heck of a coach."

exciter

Reaction score
Again, Jerry can say whatever he wants.

The fact he hasn't lifted a finger to extend this "heck of a coach", this coach that many teams would be killing themselves to have, is all you need to know about what Jerry really thinks of Garrett.
Give him time!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
There are rumors of another 10 year extension .

Hold on to your hats 'boys , here comes 20 years of Jason Garrett !

ghst187

Reaction score
7 wins gets him an extension

Not sure he will get there...
And I’d say this year this team is without excuse to get it done...
Healthy, division is terrible...all the good teams we’ve played we’re missing top players...
And yet thud......
No excuses....
Not getting a first round bye this year is inexcusable....
And all we are getting from the playoffs is “bye”....

Doomsay

Reaction score
His hiring and continued employment is a direct reflection of me so for me to be legitimate, he has to be legitimate.
This Faustian bargain with his ego has doomed the team’s prospects for a quarter of a century and yet, he still has the support of some members of this forum.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Again, Jerry can say whatever he wants.

The fact he hasn't lifted a finger to extend this "heck of a coach", this coach that many teams would be killing themselves to have, is all you need to know about what Jerry really thinks of Garrett.
Please , don’t dare Jerry , he just might do it then
:lmao2:

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
In all honesty , whether he extends Garrett or not , Jerry has always had a soft heart for the stray cat and unwanted bad dogs, he will always pump up Garrett to hopefully assist Garrett in his possible post Cowboys career path.

Pants

Reaction score
I saw a headline that said "Garrett to miss the rest of the season for hitting player with helmet" and got all excited that someone else would coach the team....wrong Garrett....SON OF A :angry:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I didn’t say it doesn’t matter. I said it’s not going to be the basis for the decision to extend or not.

Then what is the basis? The logic isn’t adding up.

If there is another factor in this, what is it? What other factor is there that Jerry couldn’t have taken into account before this season and already given the extension?

The make or break here is where this season goes in the W/L column. That’s it.

GMO415

Reaction score
He didn't finish his statement "for someone else at this time."

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I know jerry talks out of his... at times but what do you expect him to say about Garrett ? has to show support. Cant really go out there and say he’s pretty awful no wonder why we haven’t won a super bowl with him

blueblood70

Reaction score
come on people he was being harassed by reporters about the last game and the fact that we have 7 games to go and in fight for 1st place, hes going to support the coach..FOR NOW

its what teams do in middle of the season..owners and gms do not come out and just falt rip their coaches in public..hes said many things in a more subliminal context ie read between the lines to the contrary.. he is NOT happy with the 5-4 record or the playcalling etc..hes just not come out and expressed it directly..

he realizes the talent is not in line with the record and the way we are losing , he expects more and when more doesnt happen, the staff will not be retained this time..

this is just a hollow public support to keep support for the team..

Staubacher

Reaction score
come on people he was being harassed by reporters about the last game and the fact that we have 7 games to go and in fight for 1st place, hes going to support the coach..FOR NOW

its what teams do in middle of the season..owners and gms do not come out and just falt rip their coaches in public..hes said many things in a more subliminal context ie read between the lines to the contrary.. he is NOT happy with the 5-4 record or the playcalling etc..hes just not come out and expressed it directly..

he realizes the talent is not in line with the record and the way we are losing , he expects more and when more doesnt happen, the staff will not be retained this time..

this is just a hollow public support to keep support for the team..
No it's not. He legit feels this way about Garrett. There have been even worse seasons than this where he didn't fire him.

Jerrah thinks Garrett is a great coach because he is a lousy GM.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY the culture problem, and not enough of you see it.

Nevermind that the guy is delusional, but one role he plays needs to sell his product, but the GM part of him just told the entire organization that mediocrity is good enough, and demands no accountability whatsoever.

You simply cannot have this man saying all is fine when it clearly is not. He should say nothing, but that's not what Jerry wants, and why "his way" will fail over and over and over.

Being realistic, they havent even come CLOSE since he has been running things.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Jerry is on the back 9 of his life.

I have to believe his will to be alive to see another Super Bowl will override any patience he has left trying to see Garrett be a winner.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Tired of hearing Jerry flap his gums like he is a football guy. You’re a business guy Jerrah don’t get it confused.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, you "Garrett at the Gates of Hell" watchers need to see this now and stop with the "make the NFCCG or he's gone". You read Booger's lack of extending Garrett as the hot seat and completely ignored why Garrett is there in the first place. Were you not paying attention when Booger used the word "comfort"? Nothing's as important to a 77 year old man like comfort. And he said he was apprehensive that another HC could bring the hot cocoa and blankie.

But, look on the bright side. You have had to adjust your thinking, or should have, with the Joneses running the team, adding Garrett to the mix for another 5 years, what's the problem? Anyone that hasn't adjusted their expectations is in denial.

Those that have failed to consider why this stop in a HC's HOF career was the worst in his career continue to think any HC is going to make a real difference. Garrett is merely a symptom, the cause remains until he dies.