Jerry on OC: No decision imminent

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have myself convinced Moore is the greatest offensive mind since Chip Kelly.

giphy.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How else can the complaining start immediately? :D :D

True, It could be as easy as these media reports are false and nothing has been decided yet or as simple as Jerry wanting to get some headlines during SB week. Who knows. lol I fully expect the OC to be picked fairly soon and in plenty of time as players are bought in for workouts before the draft.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think they are just waiting until later to announce this Kellen moore will the be oc and garrett will call plays and they have already hired a qb coach

cern

Reaction score
garrett will not call plays. Stephen is totally against this. that ship sailed. announcement should come early next week after pro bowl.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Maybe they don't hire or promote anyone into the OC role. No rule says you have to have an OC.
Colombo- OL Coach- running game coordinator
Moore - Passing game coordinator
Nussmeier - puts the game plan together based on Colombo and Moore's plan for the game
Garrett - play caller with Moore in the booth providing insight and suggestions based on what he sees from the box.

Gary Brown might be better as a running game coordinator though, who knows.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah,they don’t have to be either. Getting Linehan out was all that mattered,and they can get by with Garrett and Moore while they wait to see how things play out.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Wait.

So we hired a new QB coach for a position that technically wasn't even open? So what happens if Jerry hires an outside OC? Where is Moore going?

I am a cynical fellow when it comes to Jerry. Is this "search" really just a dog and pony show for him where in the end they just wanted to promote Moore the entire time anyway but they want to pretend to their fans they really tried to get a great OC?

Some made up title in between like passing game coordinator or assistant OC.

GenoT

Reaction score
Garrett was OC during the Phillips era, and was his own OC for his first 2.5 HC seasons.

They could, for instance, have Garrett designing the offense and Moore involved in the game-planning and doing the play-calling, or maybe some other such in-house combo. Or they might go outside the organization.

Who knows...? A lotta ways Jerry could play this.