Jerry on OC: No decision imminent

CPanther95

Reaction score
Heaven forbid the HC pick his OC and the OC has input on the QB coach.

Jerry fills from the bottom up so there's no chance he won't get the credit when they stumble onto another Lombardi.

Sydla

Reaction score
Or maybe they’re just doing due diligence and pursuing any and all directions that would help them win a Super Bowl.

Or they are just playing PR games here and have no real intention of bringing in an outside guy.

I mean they just hired a new QB coach without actually removing the existing QB coach.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Everyone has been down on Kellen Moore since he was hired as QB coach and everyone laughed when someone mentioned him as OC. Now, people are starting to warm up to the terrible idea. People are funny........

No, its the homers who are trying to convince everybody that Moore as OC is actually a good idea.

Almost everybody that initially laughed at it are still laughing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some made up title in between like passing game coordinator or assistant OC.

It's crossed my mind that it could be something like this. Either case wouldn't be totally made up - there have been coaches with those titles. Frankly I don't have a problem if Moore gets some kind of role like that where he is part of the planning, but he is just way too inexperienced to be the OC with the full range of those duties.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Or they are just playing PR games here and have no real intention of bringing in an outside guy.

I mean they just hired a new QB coach without actually removing the existing QB coach.
Jerry will wait to see what the media and fans think . Lol

Kind of like the King in the WH following Fox.

_sturt_

Reaction score
New intel, but nothing much has changed from what we thought we knew before...

As others have said, if Jerry liked his internal candidates so much, he would have named one by now.

That he's CYA-ing with the guys already on the payroll while he waits for an outsider to emerge or not (... ostensibly, Campbell who no doubt is in a foul mood right now, and probably has just asked for some time before he considers other options in DAL or otherwise... ) is the easy read some of us are getting.

It's also plausible that they have interest in a Rams or Pats staffer, of course... or... plausible that the Pro Bowl festivities have gotten in the way, and Jerry wants the announcement to be made back at The Star.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry will wait to see what the media and fans think . Lol

Kind of like the King in the WH following Fox.

Exactly...…………..there is no strategy or plan these guys are following.

If what we have on staff right now is so much better than Linehan was at OC, why was a change not made during the season then?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
With kitna coming on it’ll help Moore overall. Basically offensive coordinator by commiteee lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Pretty clear based on this info.

Either way, Linehan had to go. After the SB, the Cowboys first choice is to look to sign one of these more experienced up and comers from probably the Rams, Pats, Saints. If that is the case, then Garrett wont be calling plays and we likely see a new offense in Dallas. If they dont get anyone they really like they will just promote Moore and have Garrett call plays.

Door A=hope
Door B=no hope

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pretty clear based on this info.

Either way, Linehan had to go. After the SB, the Cowboys first choice is to look to sign one of these more experienced up and comers from probably the Rams, Pats, Saints. If that is the case, then Garrett wont be calling plays and we likely see a new offense in Dallas. If they dont get anyone they really like they will just promote Moore and have Garrett call plays.

Door A=hope
Door B=no hope
Right. And hope is all Jerry has to sell.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I hate this front office...im like a freaking drug addict who knows hes doing wrong and keeps coming back cause it feels so right.

Them

Reaction score
...Fairly sure K Moore will be the new OC....he's a genius they say!...:)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They're probably thinking about some of the SB guys. Or maybe someone on a conference loser. No reason to tip his hand if it's the latter.

fansince68

Reaction score

So. Having High school coaching experience is a plus at the pro level? We ran the "wishbone" offense when I played in high school. Maybe Jerry wants to shock the league with innovation and bring it back.

:lmao::lmao:

Cmac

Reaction score
Wait.

So we hired a new QB coach for a position that technically wasn't even open? So what happens if Jerry hires an outside OC? Where is Moore going?

I am a cynical fellow when it comes to Jerry. Is this "search" really just a dog and pony show for him where in the end they just wanted to promote Moore the entire time anyway but they want to pretend to their fans they really tried to get a great OC?
Translation: Kellen Moore is the new OC

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
lol, I love how Jerry has a knack for answering a question without really answering the question......