Jerry on outside candidates for OC: "I like the guys we've got in house"

kevm3

Reaction score
Jerry's almost pushing me to not watch this upcoming season. Let's promote a bunch of inhouse guys who were unable to get it done. That makes a ton of sense.

There is hope that Jerry is just talking since he said his next OC may be playing in the playoffs

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to start another thread on the same topic but his direct quote seems pretty significant

Is that the entire context, or was there more than a 2 sentence question and answer and it was over? I doubt that it was, so the rest of the context is important. Depending on that context, the answer could come across as, "we aren't considering anyone outside the organization" or "we are looking at candidates outside the organization, but we like candidates we have in house as well". My bet is it was more the latter.

To me this seems like more of the limited reporting we see all the time - not telling the full story because the full story wouldn't stir people up as much as if you only give enough of the story to hook in the eagerly waiting tabloid readers.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Not to start another thread on the same topic but his direct quote seems pretty significant

jerryjoneslaugh.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think folks - did he say he ONLY likes in house candidates, or that he isn't looking anywhere but in house? It's a snippet, not the full context. It seems like a half (or maybe 1/4) story designed to hook in readers who will take it and let their imaginations run. It works every time.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'll give Moore a chance but I really want wanted a totally new system made for dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If he actually has made a decision he will wait a couple days for the past weekends games to get off the front pages
Then he will try to dominate the news
Jerry is a marketer and he will time it around getting the most coverage

This is true........

Western

Reaction score
Jerry has not made a good hire since Jimmy in 1989.
Parcells was good given the context of the time, but he was burned out, & lack the overall confrontational persona needed to challenge Jerry.

Head coaches fire, promote, & hire assistant coaches. Period.
Not GM's, not owners, not presidents of football operations.
This collective decision-making process being pushed by the club is a joke, and is gong show.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Sorry, bro. Meant no disrespect. Had to use the video to make my point on this thread.
No worries. I came across that video as it showed up on my recommended list on YouTube. Seems that Moore might have a good mind for playing. His arm talent wasn't great but as a coach, he might be worth giving a shot too? How much worse could he be than Linehan? haha.