Jerry on playoff success: The great Tom Landry had criticism for years

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So many local fans have walked away but the masses from afar continue to flock.

Locally we’ve had some game broadcast which were under 30% which the national average for home broadcasted games are 40-50%.

Even our 2nd largest market in San Antonio has rivaled the local market.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is what I’ve always respected about Jerry despite his conviction of insisting on being everything Cowboys from socks to jocks.

He stands in the fire and challenges fans to kick him in the butt. For 30 years we’ve failed to make him pay.

Instead we’ve provided him the wealthiest franchise in the world. #1 in revenue, sold out stadiums , etc.

Cowboy fans this era certainly have a funny way of showing their dissatisfaction with their seal of approval as he flips us off on the way to the bank.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it's safe to assume JG will be in the ring of honour before Jimmy...

Not without a ring. Its not like Witten who has franchise and NFL records. This is a coach whose never won consecutive playoff games. Putting him in with his current credentials would make a mockery out of the ROH.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm not sure winning the Super Bowl quiets the critics, at least not on here. The narrative would be they won in spite of him. You see it all the time on here, both in regards to Garrett and Dak. Most people simply aren't objective. They're what they accuse Jerry of - letting their ego and need to be right get in the way of objective analysis.
If we stumble and bumbled our way to a SB I'd give Garrett credit. I wouldn't give Jerry anything. 23 years and counting. He's proven he knows nothing about building a football team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It still amazes me how fans still don’t get Jerry. This is why we are what we are. He’s a piece of work. Sticks it in our faces and we are still here.

That early success is still providing him a pass. Cowboy fans must be either the stupidest, totally addicted or most naive to not have made Jerry pay.

I’ve come to the conclusion. The fans are to blame. 30 years is long enough to finally get it. If not , then this is what your addiction gets.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Screw that old, clueless goat. Not GOAT, but goat....

c2mj8.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is the greatest. He keeps flipping off the fans and they keep filling his pockets. My idol.. he’s the man. Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ole Jer continues making me feel good for walking away from my season tickets.
So many local fans have walked away but the masses from afar continue to flock.

Locally we’ve had some game broadcast which were under 30% which the national average for home broadcasted games are 40-50%.

Even our 2nd largest market in San Antonio has rivaled the local market.
This is what I’ve always respected about Jerry despite his conviction of insisting on being everything Cowboys from socks to jocks.

He stands in the fire and challenges fans to kick him in the butt. For 30 years we’ve failed to make him pay.

Instead we’ve provided him the wealthiest franchise in the world. #1 in revenue, sold out stadiums , etc.

Cowboy fans this era certainly have a funny way of showing their dissatisfaction with their seal of approval as he flips us off on the way to the bank.
It still amazes me how fans still don’t get Jerry. This is why we are what we are. He’s a piece of work. Sticks it in our faces and we are still here.

That early success is still providing him a pass. Cowboy fans must be either the stupidest, totally addicted or most naive to not have made Jerry pay.

I’ve come to the conclusion. The fans are to blame. 30 years is long enough to finally get it. If not , then this is what your addiction gets.
Jerry is the greatest. He keeps flipping off the fans and they keep filling his pockets. My idol.. he’s the man. Lol
CowboysZone is an excellent self-coping mechanism for internally unresolved frustration concerning this franchise. :muttley:

cern

Reaction score
the great jimmy Johnson won two superbowls in five years and left a team good enough to win another a couple of years later, even with switzer as coach. jerry undervalues the position of hc. always has, always will.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That'll never happen. They can't help themselves.
What about thousands of fans wearing, “FIRE GARRETT” shirts in front of Jerry’s office or organize a march with signs stating, fire Garrett. If enough people complain in a large vocal organized group maybe Jerry will see the light.

Risen Star can you organize this? This may be our only hope of Superbowl success in the next 20 years! We MUST get rid of Garrett. Everyone knows it, but Jerry and Idgit.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
the great jimmy Johnson won two superbowls in five years and left a team good enough to win another a couple of years later, even with switzer as coach. jerry undervalues the position of hc. always has, always will.
So stupid too. Just look at the teams in the playoffs right now. All excellent coaches.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about thousands of fans wearing, “FIRE GARRETT” shirts in front of Jerry’s office or organize a march with signs stating, fire Garrett. If enough people complain in a large vocal organized group maybe Jerry will see the light.

Risen Star can you organize this? This may be our only hope of Superbowl success in the next 20 years! We MUST get rid of Garrett. Everyone knows it, but Jerry and Idgit.
Jerry Jones is well-aware how some of his fan base dislikes Garrett. However, your idea has practical merit for enticing actual change. The only missing element is serious organizational effort. Not imagined. Not half-hearted. Not boastful. Serious.

Which, of course, is why it will never happen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is well-aware how some of his fan base dislikes Garrett. However, your idea has practical merit for enticing actual change. The only missing element is serious organizational effort. Not imagined. Not half-hearted. Not boastful. Serious.

Which, of course, is why it will never happen.
Yep
I tried. All I could convince was a few thousand season ticket holders from Texas Stadium. Many locals have walked away and why so many opposing fans in attendance.

For years I was bashed by many fans for even suggesting a financial boycott. The ones who still support Jerry take issue with those of us actually trying to make a difference.

Some people are simply too selfish in their own addictions to force Jerry’s hand. I waved my white flag years ago. It’s too late now . Once the new stadium was built , tickets sold , PSL’s committed and sponsors inked. Game over. Jerry won.