Twitter: Jerry on Poe “When you're 30 pounds overweight."

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Actually, caloric deficit is by far the best way to lose weight

That loses you muscle as well as fat, we're talking about an NFL football player. Besides, a big man like Poe burns a lot of calories running or jogging, those muscles need fuel...

And of course calorie deficit loses weight, you burn up more calories than you take in, you lose weight. But you can still eat if you work out, my wife is the perfect example of that. For years she tried to lose weight with all sorts of diets, Nuitrisysems even said if you use their food, DON'T work out. She lost some but it came back.

Finally I convinced her to join Planet Fitness and go on the treadmill, she did and has now lost weight, and has kept it off for over a year...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Safe to assume Jerry signed this guy when he was at least 30 lbs overweight.

Could have been 50. Nice job Jerry. Takes a real talent to sign a guy you’ll cut mid season for still being 30 lbs too heavy.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Granted, you're not wrong. However, got to give Jerry credit when he does something right. Part of why Jerry's a bigger problem is player coddling and lack of accountability. His comment and the action the team took associated with it is a step in the right direction.

To me it's just throwing the fans a bone and misplacing blame. He must allow a coach to come in and set the culture and his ego won't let him do that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
fromph. good to see you again. do you ever come up with anything new or just hang on to the same stale, insipid posts over and over again. i should call you captain redundant. but i prefer fromph. later, fake brit.

See? You have the word ability to put things into perspective, to inquire into things and distill everything into a coherent statement, govnor,
My appreciation for you grows daily if not hourly.
Keep posting, because we all enjoy your views that are time-tested and valuable to those still engaged in life and not just taking up oxygen as the days grow shorter.
Hugs and kisses long time, me museum piece.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Okay I don't get this .. Why do we need to know if MM and Jerry sat down and talked about any decision? The only people who need to be privy to that are the staff. Everybody else might be interested parties.. but have no overarching need to know.

Is your avatar a picture of you with a chit eating grin on your face? Looks like the cat that ate the canary.