Twitter: Jerry on the draft: "we didn't cut our throat when we didn't get a corner"

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The first round was brilliant again. Dez years ago fell in our laps. Lamb last year. And the best Defensive player where we traded back for another pick and still got him. It’s like Christmas folks.
Ho, ho, ho!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They still put Parsons at risk and counted on the Giants not getting some payback. Everyone knew the Bears had to go for a QB to save the GM and HC's jobs.

The Giants were stupid, they should have taken Parsons, they're known for LB's almost as much as PIT.
I thought Giants would take Parsons honestly but if I'm not mistaken they had him as a character issue. They seemed to want a WR for whatever reason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we drafted Horn or Surtain they'd still be saying it because they'd be our guy. Wouldn't expect a fan to say anything else that high in the 1st unless they thought we reached for a guy. So all the early Parsons love was just a, "Well, that's what we got. Might as well get behind it."
I honestly think that's what it is too lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro can’t accept that we might have got lucky with Parsons falling to us after the 2 CB’s we intended to draft were swept up right in front of us.

Who cares if it turns out fine. A good trade and pick after the fact. But that’s not enough when you’re trying to prove you’re a football guy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jethro can’t accept that we might have got lucky with Parsons falling to us after the 2 CB’s we intended to draft were swept up right in front of us.

Who cares if it turns out fine. A good trade and pick after the fact. But that’s not enough when you’re trying to prove you’re a football guy
I mean I give them credit. They've admitted that Parsons wouldn't have been the pick. They could've easily lied and said it was Parson's all along. Same thing with Dak. They wanted Lynch and Connor Cook....settled for Dak.

The draft is luck. It truly is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they weren’t guaranteed micah they were guaranteed micah or slater, and they took the gamble for a third round pick. i absolutely believe theyd trade down w/ all the extra options for a random even if they only took the dolphins trade (which is where they ended up) they still get micah

yeah obviously
I didn't see them trading down from Pitts if he was there. Saw no way possible. Anytime the Cowboys have had a top 10 pick they've never traded down. That hasn't been their MO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean I give them credit. They've admitted that Parsons wouldn't have been the pick. They could've easily lied and said it was Parson's all along. Same thing with Dak. They wanted Lynch and Connor Cook....settled for Dak.

The draft is luck. It truly is.
Much of it is. But that doesn’t play well when you’re trying to prove you’re a football guy, not an idiot. Lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, if Surtain isn't drafted by Denver, Parson's not a Cowboy. Am I understanding this right?

I think its also probably worth noting that all of these GM's talk. All of these owners talk. Most of them are friends. So its quite possible the Cowboys KNEW Parsons and Surtain would be off the board before they picked. Not saying that for certain but its possible. Which maybe would explain why they traded down knowing they could still get Parsons?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Could have had Parsons AND a starting corner with 2nd rounder.

Assante Samuels Jr. is going to be a stud.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think its also probably worth noting that all of these GM's talk. All of these owners talk. Most of them are friends. So its quite possible the Cowboys KNEW Parsons and Surtain would be off the board before they picked. Not saying that for certain but its possible. Which maybe would explain why they traded down knowing they could still get Parsons?

I agree there is enough communication inside the circles that each team have a pretty good idea of what the other doing at a min positional-wise. But my issue is Jerry saying Parson was the best-graded D player on their board, yet they were likely going with Surtain or Horn.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Could have had Parsons AND a starting corner with 2nd rounder.

Assante Samuels Jr. is going to be a stud.
He is always around the ball. I wanted him or Moehrig with our second pick

Reactions: BAT

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree there is enough communication inside the circles that each team have a pretty good idea of what the other doing at a min positional-wise. But my issue is Jerry saying Parson was the best-graded D player on their board, yet they were likely going with Surtain or Horn.
Understood. I honestly think they had a 1st rounder invested in LVE and gave Jaylon the big contract.....I think they probably would've went corner honestly. They have less resources there.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The madness of cornerback.

What other position is treated this way? Where the GM comes out in defense of not drafting one in the 1st round? On a team that basically needed an entire defense.

Those morons would have taken one of those irrelevant players instead of Micah (V)aaron Parsons.

But like anything good that comes in the Jones era they were forced into settling for something else. Something actually great. Like Zack Martin before him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't know where they go last year......they say it wasn't Chaisson but I feel they would've reached for him. That draft was tough because Lamb was the one guy there that was a game changer. You don't get him.....that might be the Taco draft all over again. If Parsons were gone....maybe Slater is the pick? I honestly don't even know there.

That's the thing, lots of possibilities...