Twitter: Jerry on why he talks more than other owners and GMs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
compare to the ore successful? Like... the Pats? They suck (no Brady). The Steelers? They suck (No Ben) The Saints? They suck (No Brees) The Bengals? They suck, they put together a nice 5 week run out of the past 25 years and now all of the sudden they are the gold standard?

I compare us to the LEAGUE as a whole. The league goes up and down each year and it mostly is due to the QB play, not the great job the GM is doing. Notice the teams that were the gold standard just a few years ago now suck since their HOF qb is gone? Coincidence? I think not.
I’m talking about comparing him to the teams when they have had success.

And we have consistently suked throughout . We’ve had over 25 years to find an Elite QB. What’s the problem ? Why hasn’t our great Division I Football genius found one ?? Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honestly, I dont watch them hardly ever anymore. Its just all BS and made up stories just to have something to talk about. I cant stand the yelling and fake bro mentality vs just straight analysis. I LOVE the Manning's. Everything about them is GOLD. They are hilarious and they have as much football knowledge and love for football as anyone on the planet.
Something we can agree on . I like the 1st family of the NFL too.

And when it comes to the Cowboys I follow the local media, newspapers and personalities. I find the beat writers who follow us everyday are closer to the situation than some TV hack or troll in NY or LA.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Type a
Talking more and holding court to explain why he talks so much. What a surprise.

Owners and GM's do not talk because they do not want to have to backtrack if they say the wrong thing. Smart owners hire smart GMs to hire HC's to do the talking.
And they also avoid it whenever possible.

Jerry seeks out microphones.

It’s just hysterical how he continues to insist that a structure that has produced nothing but failure from a once proud franchise is some sort of an advantage.

Really? If that’s not delusion I’m not sure what IS.

The both of them think they can talk something into being the case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Type a

And they also avoid it whenever possible.

Jerry seeks out microphones.

It’s just hysterical how he continues to insist that a structure that has produced nothing but failure from a once proud franchise is some sort of an advantage.

Really? If that’s not delusion I’m not sure what IS.

The both of them think they can talk something into being the case.
To their credit it continues to work. The fans continue coming and the revenue flourishes .

If Cowboy fans are unhappy with the job this ownership is producing they have a funny way of showing it. I don’t think Jethro and Son are getting the right message . They must think we love them:)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Maybe so but we don’t have Mahomes. And why can’t this Owner, Pres and GM go out and get one of these Elite QB’s. And he’d probably find a way to screw that up to.

Remember this is an owner who screwed up the greatest team the Cowboys ever had because of his ego.

And instead of comparing Jethro to the franchises who haven’t had as much success in same era why not compare him to the ones who have?

I though he said his ways would provide us an advantage . Bull crap !!!

Jerry didnt screw up the Cowboys. The Cowboys were still the best team in football the 2 seasons after Jerry left. The Salary cap sped of the downfall of that team.

Here ar ethe QBs drafted in the first rd over the last 10 years:
Canm Newton , Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbart, Christian Ponder, Luck, Robert Griffin III, Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, EJ Manuel, Blake Bortles, Johhny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater,
Winston, Marriotta, Goff, Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Daniel Jones. Thats 29 qbs taken in the first round. I stopped after 2019 as I dont think we can judge any QBs taken after that. Just too soon to say they hit or not.

So out of 29, Id say that 6 of those can unequivocally say ar legit franchise QBs. Thats a 20% success rate. Damn, I wish we had a real football guy, a real GM to do our drafting for us. With that kind of success, I can understand why we would want a different GM making all our picks for us....lol.

By the way, the QBs that hit, surprisingly have such great GMs that they apparently do the rest of the drafts well also since those teams are so good....lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You’re becoming Jethro’s biggest fan . Lol

In the end Jethro gets the credit and the blame . And we shall see what the end results deliver.
No, I just a realist and I try not to just blame, blame, blame for all the ills of the world. The bottom line is we have no absolutely sucked for quite some time. We have been in real contention to go to the SB multiple times over the past 15 years. Id say that applies to very few teams. The Chiefs with the best QB in the game got beat by the Bengals AT HOME last year. I dont hear many people slamming the chiefs GM or coach for that absolute FAILURE. I wonder why?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry didnt screw up the Cowboys. The Cowboys were still the best team in football the 2 seasons after Jerry left. The Salary cap sped of the downfall of that team.

Canm Newton , Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbart, Christian Ponder, Luck, Robert Griffin III, Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, EJ Manuel, Blake Bortles, Johhny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater,
Winston, Marriotta, Goff, Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Daniel Jones. Thats 29 qbs taken in the first round. I stopped after 2019 as I dont think we can judge any QBs taken after that. Just too soon to say they hit or not.

So out of 29, Id say that 6 of those can unequivocally say ar legit franchise QBs. Thats a 20% success rate. Damn, I wish we had a real football guy, a real GM to do our drafting for us. With that kind of success, I can understand why we would want a different GM making all our picks for us....lol.

By the way, the QBs that hit, surprisingly have such great GMs that they apparently do the rest of the drafts well also since those teams are so good....lol
Then by your own definition Jethro suks cause he hasn’t found or hit on an Elite QB this era.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
For me, if the owner is doing this then he needs to be the coach. There's no reason he should be undermining people who he felt were qualified to do their jobs when he hired them. You do not break the chain of command. It should be passed down from the top to the bottom. Classic case of micro-managing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, I just a realist and I try not to just blame, blame, blame for all the ills of the world. The bottom line is we have no absolutely sucked for quite some time. We have been in real contention to go to the SB multiple times over the past 15 years. Id say that applies to very few teams. The Chiefs with the best QB in the game got beat by the Bengals AT HOME last year. I dont hear many people slamming the chiefs GM or coach for that absolute FAILURE. I wonder why?
Not really. We haven’t been a serious contender for the SB. We’ve only been a serious contender for the playoffs . And if we hadn’t been in NFCE I’m not sure we’d even of been that every time .

Reid at the end of the day we can hold the one constant throughout responsible . You’re a great fan but you’re a little sideways on how Jethro’s meddling ways are our greatest obstacle to overcome .

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Then by your own definition Jethro suks cause he hasn’t found or hit on an Elite QB this era.
Reading between the lines is missed on you. By My own definition I was just showing hitting ona qb is an absolute crapshoot. In other words.... LUCK. Unless you get an andrew luck or a Lawrence..... those 2 are pretty muc assured of success, its all luck. And to get a Peyton Manning, you had to be the worst team in the league the year before...hmmm, I guess that teams culture aint so good if they are in a position to draft a Peyton Manning.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not really. We haven’t been a serious contender for the SB. We’ve only been a serious contender for the playoffs . And if we hadn’t been in NFCE I’m not sure we’d even of been that every time .

Reid at the end of the day we can hold the one constant throughout responsible . You’re a great fan but you’re a little sideways on how Jethro’s meddling ways are our greatest obstacle to overcome .
We had the NUMBER ! SEED in what?? 07? We lost because a wr couldnt catch a pass to the team that went on to win the SB. In 2014 we were as good as any team in the league... period. 2016 with a rookie qb, we were once again a serious contender that lost a heartbreaker because one of the greatest QBs to ever play pulled one out of his arse on 3rd and 52 to go.

Downplay those years all you want, but we were very good and as one Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record says you are, and our record said we were very good in those seasons. How many teams could have won the SB last year? 6 or more? Someone wins and someone loses and none of those teams were any better than anyone else. Especially the Rams and Bengals and it shows this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Reading between the lines is missed on you. By My own definition I was just showing hitting ona qb is an absolute crapshoot. In other words.... LUCK. Unless you get an andrew luck or a Lawrence..... those 2 are pretty muc assured of success, its all luck. And to get a Peyton Manning, you had to be the worst team in the league the year before...hmmm, I guess that teams culture aint so good if they are in a position to draft a Peyton Manning.
So basically by your account there is no skill involved in building a championship team, it’s all luck based on hitting on an Elite QB. Jethro has just been unlucky.

I’m not sure we can say he’s even tried to hit on an Elite QB?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had the NUMBER ! SEED in what?? 07? We lost because a wr couldnt catch a pass to the team that went on to win the SB. In 2014 we were as good as any team in the league... period. 2016 with a rookie qb, we were once again a serious contender that lost a heartbreaker because one of the greatest QBs to ever play pulled one out of his arse on 3rd and 52 to go.

Downplay those years all you want, but we were very good and as one Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record says you are, and our record said we were very good in those seasons. How many teams could have won the SB last year? 6 or more? Someone wins and someone loses and none of those teams were any better than anyone else. Especially the Rams and Bengals and it shows this year.
We were good in those seasons but we weren’t very serious SB contenders because we couldn’t get it done in the playoffs. Not once could we even reach a championship appearance.

Like you said, we are what our record is which has been pitiful in the playoffs . And why we’ve been more of pretenders than contenders. Results matter.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I don't care who you are, that is funny right there! Actually the thing about contention is the funniest thing I have read here in the last 26 years.

:lmao2::lmao::flagwave:

fivetwos

Reaction score

This is why I say that I don’t need Jerry to quit.

They have done very well personnel-wise for a good while now.

But we continue to have coaching issues, all while we don’t hire the best out there because catering to Jerry and his need to be the center of attention and face of the franchise is first and foremost.

Emasculating your HC is a dumb move, but Jerry is only in this to be a celebrity.

Is it our biggest problem? I don’t know, but when the owner and voice of the franchise keeps using the phase “Super Bowl” may be at least part of why they seem to show up to first round playoff games fully uninspired. Repeatedly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is why I say that I don’t need Jerry to quit.

They have done very well personnel-wise for a good while now.

But we continue to have coaching issues, all while we don’t hire the best out there because catering to Jerry and his need to be the center of attention and face of the franchise is first and foremost.

Emasculating your HC is a dumb move, but Jerry is only in this to be a celebrity.

Is it our biggest problem? I don’t know, but when the owner and voice of the franchise keeps using the phase “Super Bowl” may be at least part of why they seem to show up to first round playoff games fully uninspired. Repeatedly.
I’d agree with most of your thought here and while I’d also agree we’ve done a better job recently bringing in talent we’ve still ignored some core weaknesses like at DT for example while not managing player personnel as well as we could have. That’s how we ended up with issues on OL and at WR this year.

And we can also argue we haven’t managed some of our stars contracts as well over paying Zeke and Dak. And why we had to let Cooper and Collins go who were important pieces.

LysleE

Reaction score
The two takeaways I took from that quote is that Jerry is not speaking English and that he is a narcissist.