Redvolution
Reaction score
Have an organizational meeting.

Talking points:
  • Lets pull back on all the events that garner attention the Cowboys
  • I will step back and out of the way completely
  • Tell the players, walk the walk and dont just talk the talk
So.... what do we get?

Hopefully, Jerry, we get to open the NEW stadium as SB champions. I say that is a good tradeoff.

fortdick

Reaction score
YoMick;2325651 said:

Talking points:
So.... what do we get?

Hopefully, Jerry, we get to open the NEW stadium as SB champions. I say that is a good tradeoff.

Jerry pull back on anything that brings attention to the Cowboys? Never in a million years!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
UMM?

The guy that brought us Hard Knocks for a second time is going to pull back?

You have a better chance of staring out your window all week and seeing superman catch a villain on your street.

and who knows the villain might be wearing a cowboys jersey with the number 21 on it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
fortdick;2325692 said:
Jerry pull back on anything that brings attention to the Cowboys? Never in a million years!

Got that right. He's got the pedal to the metal.

Professional athletes need to learn to deal with everything surrounding success in the NFL. I understand the attn prior to the SB is in another universe now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
YoMick;2325651 said:

Talking points:
So.... what do we get?
:lmao2:

Are you talking about some other Jerry?

nflandbooze

Reaction score
fortdick;2325692 said:

Lol. Seriously. He's all about attention and promotion. That's part of what makes him so important to the league.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
You expected discipline or moral consistency from Jerry? That's like putting a mouse in charge of the cheese.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
bbgun;2325898 said:
You expected discipline or moral consistency from Jerry? That's like putting a mouse in charge of the cheese.
Ummmm Cheeese :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The responses and the fact that you are all probably right about Jerry make it even more unfortunate.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
I don't agree that any publicity is good publicity. Negative attention and news about the Cowboys is never a good thing.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
YoMick;2326033 said:
The responses and the fact that you are all probably right about Jerry make it even more unfortunate.

I'd rather have it a little quieter but it is what it is. Jerry is a businessman first then an owner/GM. He has too much used car salesman in him to lay off.

notherbob

Reaction score
Jerry will always be selling his fool's gold of glitz, glamor and glitter to people in exchange for real gold. That's how he got where he's at. When it's all said and done, we will have more memories, he will have more money.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
You have to remember that Jerry Jones made his original money in the Wildcat Oil Exploration business. It is a business where you promote yourself and your ideas and take chances on every venture. He has been doing that all of his life and I don't think he would have it any other way. It has made him the most successful owner in the league and to expect him to change (or even hope that he will) is totally unrealistic. That's Jerry...love him or hate him...he is what he is and he ain't gonna change.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Disturbed;2326036 said:
I don't agree that any publicity is good publicity. Negative attention and news about the Cowboys is never a good thing.

Agreed.

jobberone;2326041 said:
I'd rather have it a little quieter but it is what it is. Jerry is a businessman first then an owner/GM. He has too much used car salesman in him to lay off.

Thats unfortunate. Businessman first and owner/GM second has hurt us before and it give the team and EXTRA hurdle to tackle and overcome.

notherbob;2326053 said:
Jerry will always be selling his fool's gold of glitz, glamor and glitter to people in exchange for real gold. That's how he got where he's at. When it's all said and done, we will have more memories, he will have more money.

I understand thats how he got to where he is at. But he should be smart enough(he is, actually) to know that different situations need different approaches.

JackMagist;2326706 said:
You have to remember that Jerry Jones made his original money in the Wildcat Oil Exploration business. It is a business where you promote yourself and your ideas and take chances on every venture. He has been doing that all of his life and I don't think he would have it any other way. It has made him the most successful owner in the league and to expect him to change (or even hope that he will) is totally unrealistic. That's Jerry...love him or hate him...he is what he is and he ain't gonna change.

expecting someone to change = unrealistic

NOW THAT is conventional thinking.... soon to be LESS popular.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
There's no such thing as bad publicity...:money:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry's the teams biggest problem. The number of pathetic coaches he's hired not named Jimmy and Parcells is pathetic.

Just because BP didn't work out doesn't mean you have to revert to the old ways.