Twitter: Jerry regarding Zeke on 105: We'll see how today and tomorrow goes

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
"fresh and ready to go *immediately" yeah right Elliott ALWAYS took a few games to get into playing shape. No chance he is in shape right now.

Batman1980

Reaction score
The guys on 105.3 asked him about a fan sentiment that the Cowboys are messing around over a few million dollars and we need our best player on the field.

Jerry's answer: "I ain't messing around."

Still not sure Zeke is our best player, there's many really good players on this team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah but I went back and watched it...he is including 2019 and 2020. The headline was wrong on twitter.

Doesn't really change anything............ we now have a TB on a 7 year contract starting now. That's insane.

Those last 3 years better be throw away years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
"fresh and ready to go *immediately" yeah right Elliott ALWAYS took a few games to get into playing shape. No chance he is in shape right now.

I'm pretty sure Leveon Bell has shown up and gone off straight away without practice.

Zeke will be fine if he has to play and i'm ok with him not getting 20 carries for awhile. Pollard is ready to go.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Doesn't really change anything............ we now have a TB on a 7 year contract starting now. That's insane.

Those last 3 years better be throw away years.
I think that is what Dallas wants and obviously what Zeke does not want. Hence the back and forth negotiating.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe reporting this is a mega deal (7 years). He believes Zeke will play Sunday. Interesting. Sometimes guys like this are in the know.

Not a bad idea as long as there's an out every three years. This helps if Barkley blows up the market and Zeke wanna renegotiate after 3-4 years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shannon Sharpe reporting this is a mega deal (7 years). He believes Zeke will play Sunday. Interesting. Sometimes guys like this are in the know.

Would that mean a 5-year extension on top of the two he has remaining on his deal?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
7 years from now is insane. As I said, it better have a lot of throw away years.

It will i'm sure.

This contract was always going to be built in a way that Dallas can get away from the contract. I'm sure there is a lot of knucklehead insurance in it.

Sydla

Reaction score
D. Lawerence and J. Smith say hi!

If Elliott and Dak and Cooper all sign, which is what Jerry wants, the Cowboys will have 7 of their 10 largest contracts on the offensive side of the ball:

Collins
Martin
Smith
Frederick
Elliott
Cooper
Dak