Twitter: Jerry regarding Zeke on 105: We'll see how today and tomorrow goes

superonyx

Reaction score
What the huh?

We are just repeating the mistakes of the past when we disproportionately spent on the offense and were left to skimp on the defense.
Maybe. But are we skimping on the defense?
Demarcus Lawrence doesnt think so. I don't think Jaylon agrees either. I'm not sure we have many players outside of maybe B Jones left that deserve to eat enough of the pie to take away from the offense.

This FO has shown us they don't believe in overpaying Free Agents so I can't see us using too much cap space buying players other teams have moved on from.

Thoughts?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if you got Zeke in a room with Jerry alone a deal would be done in 5 minutes

This was what his agent feared, and why he took him to Cabo. Now they come back, all sit in the room together. And get the deal done.

Zeke will tell Jerry, hey JazzCat said back in 2014, you have to find a way to draft me, so now he says you have to find a way to keep me. :muttley:

Do it Jerry. SB bound baby!
:D

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
If Elliott and Dak and Cooper all sign, which is what Jerry wants, the Cowboys will have 7 of their 10 largest contracts on the offensive side of the ball:

Collins
Martin
Smith
Frederick
Elliott
Cooper
Dak

That’s probably the case with most teams too. QBs, WRs, and OTs are generally at the top of the heap, along with pass rushers. The good news is we have a LOT of talent on the roster.

Sydla

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence doesnt think so. I don't think Jaylon agrees either. I'm not sure we have many players outside of maybe B Jones left that deserve to eat enough of the pie to take away from the offense.

This FO has shown us they don't believe in overpaying Free Agents so I can't see us using too much cap space buying players other teams have moved on from.

Thoughts?

We may have an issue at the 3T next year year if Hill doesn't develop. If Collins goes out and has a really good year at the 3T, what are you going to do? Let him walk because you don't have the space to fit him in? And I'd much rather have Jones back than L. Collins. Collins is an average RT.

And what happens if Quinn is a big factor on this team in 2019? Guess you have to let him walk too because he might command a decent chunk himself.

There is no logical reason why any team would have four offensive lineman all being paid Top 5 money.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"fresh and ready to go *immediately" yeah right Elliott ALWAYS took a few games to get into playing shape. No chance he is in shape right now.

He is using the chairs on the flight as tackling dummies. He will be ready.

superonyx

Reaction score
We may have an issue at the 3T next year year if Hill doesn't develop. If Collins goes out and has a really good year at the 3T, what are you going to do? Let him walk because you don't have the space to fit him in? And I'd much rather have Jones back than L. Collins. Collins is an average RT.

And what happens if Quinn is a big factor on this team in 2019? Guess you have to let him walk too because he might command a decent chunk himself.

There is no logical reason why any team would have four offensive lineman all being paid Top 5 money.
Especially when one looks like he is playing out of position. (Collins).

We have the worst DT's in the league...or close.
I'm not too worried about losing M Collins. We don't pay FA's but I wish we would reconsider for DT since we seem like we can draft good one.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
7 years?

LOL.

That means a 5 year extension which is pretty standard. For a RB with 2 years still left on his deal I may prefer a 3 or 4 year extension but those last few years are iffy at best anyway so who cares. The number of years is all salary cap manipulation.

Sydla

Reaction score
Especially when one looks like he is playing out of position. (Collins).

We have the worst DT's in the league...or close.
I'm not too worried about losing M Collins. We don't pay FA's but I wish we would reconsider for DT since we seem like we can draft good one.

I think M Collins, if he stays healthy (granted, a big if) is going to surprise this year. And if Hill doesn't develop, we are going to have a real issue at DT yet again this offseason if they can't find a way to bring M Collins back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thoughts?

Plus they can dump Crawford next season, and save his cap hit to pay others.

Qcard

Reaction score
Just shut up and pay him. He was gonna pay him all along, he dragged it out to appear that he was a tough negotiator. Stephen is sitting in the corner with his baby blanket.
do you mean the baby blanket they use to cover Zeke's off season childish and irresponsible behavior....I hope they let me it stew till Zeke understands franchise players are compensated based on being key building blocks in the forseeable future....can you guarantee Zeke will play every game with injury being the only plausible cause for a accepted games missed?

No you can't.... Zeke would be signed if he wasn't a manbaby off field

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
do you mean the baby blanket they use to cover Zeke's off season childish and irresponsible behavior....I hope they let me it stew till Zeke understands franchise players are compensated based on being key building blocks in the forseeable future....can you guarantee Zeke will play every game with injury being the only plausible cause for a accepted games missed?

No you can't.... Zeke would be signed if he wasn't a manbaby off field
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Posts like this make my day.
Can you guarantee he won't win league MVP and lead us to a couple of superbowl wins? One stupid question deserves another.

Qcard

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Posts like this make my day.
Can you guarantee he won't win league MVP and lead us to a couple of superbowl wins? One stupid question deserves another.
Well we are a evidence based society... evidence shows he's just as likely to miss games due to being a knuckle head and I agree his play has possibility of leading us to Superbowls....
It comes down to philosophy...Are you willing to take that chance

Please oblige me with a *Smart* answer?
Last time a I checked being one strick away bfrom sitting out a season isn't a recipe for leading teams to Superbowl... Or MVP

Please enlighten me with your Smart reasoning.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well we are a evidence based society... evidence shows he's just as likely to miss games due to being a knuckle head and I agree his play has possibility of leading us to Superbowls....
It comes down to philosophy...Are you willing to take that chance

Please oblige me with a *Smart* answer?
Last time a I checked being one strick away bfrom sitting out a season isn't a recipe for leading teams to Superbowl... Or MVP

Please enlighten me with your Smart reasoning.
I don't have give any reasons. A lot of players in the NFL do stupid things and are one screw up away from being suspended. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over that.