Jerry said he would pay anything for another SB so why not Hopkins?

DanA

Reaction score
While Jerry might be willing to pay anything there is a salary cap so he can’t. How do you get bang for buck when you’re already paying three receivers? He be better of spending the money on a guard or running back.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry lies. SB isn't the goal. He's ok if it happens but his goal is really to stay relevant which means simply making the playoffs. The bar might be to get past the wildcard round but he wouldn't even have to fire Mike he would let the contract run out at worst. They will never go all in because if they won a SB then have a down year or to to recover that is too much of a toll they refuse to deal with.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I get that there is a value figure attached to everything...

But if Super Bowl is the goal...and with the squad the Boys have...giving Dak another weapon makes sense even if it cramps the finances.

I dont know Hopkins skills at this age, dont know the cap situation...but if he could be the piece that takes Dak far...you do it. Assuming you have the cap space, assuming you get value, assuming you help your QB, assuming other players werent available at positions of need and value...go for it.

Dallas is in a prime talent position. Not saying get Hopkins...but get any player available that helps even if squeezing the cap. Boys are close.

Big_D

Reaction score
Let the market value settle and see how this unfolds financially. What teams are willing to part with and the length of the deal for a 31 year old. Overpaying for that isn’t the way to go. He’s good, but some are under the impression this would be the Hopkins of old that was putting up 1500 yards and double digit TDs. It’s around his age when players begin to hit that cliff at some point.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
When is this team gaining to go all in? Hopkins would do it and we would have the most firepower in the league.
Three Reasons Why:

1) Paying a lot of money for perhaps a declining player that hasn't been available regularly since 2020 nor looked elite since that time period.
2) Cowboys already have their top 3 in place following the Cooks trade
3) Lots of other big contracts to be paid in the coming years.

I don't think we would be getting the same version of Hopkins we've come to know. However, I'm not totally opposed to the move, but if you have multiple teams bidding on multi year deals 15 million+ a year I just don't think it's a prudent move.

GINeric

Reaction score
Shooting blanks on third and you need it against top defenses.

Or shooting directly at the targets, but the targets start running the wrong direction. Hopefully that won't be the case now that we have a new target in the fold with an intelligent gun instructor.

Last edited: