Jerry says he hasn't given up on Earl Thomas deal

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Oh now you own the stupid 55 comment. Progress
Now show me where this was reported. I don't see anything that says how many players voted. What about the rookies and extra camp bodies. Did they vote also in your fantasy land?

Sure, just this minute. Look, you want to act like we are 15, that's on you. I never disowned anything. I told you where the 55 number came from. I spoke from purely a logical reasoning view point. You either agree or you don't, I don't care. Go cry to Baltimore if you don't like how this was done. I'm done wasting time with you here. Go read and learn and then argue with somebody else.

I don't listen to Mall Rat, I don't do Tic-Toc and I don't have a subscription to Teen Vogue so clearly, I'm not into acting like a 15 year old girl, arguing with another 15 year old girl. You'll just have to find another to act out this little role play with.

Thanks.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jerry was quiet upset when Rapoport said the cowboys were not interested in ET. Jerry says the man standing right here hasn't determined that, meaning himself. lol

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ut-jerry-jones-disputes-that-characterization

That’s just not true and the title is misleading

What he said is that there is only one person who knows if there is interest in ET and that person is himself

Jerry could 100% be out on ET. The reporter just has no confirmation and Jerry called him out on it

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh no a player got in a fight at camp.
So awful. I can't believe that actually happened.
That wasn’t a heat of the moment fight In practice. The teammate he sucker punched was Chuck Clarke, one of the more popular players on the ravens. The players in Balt had had enough of ET being late to meetings, fighting multiple times with teammates, and not listening to coaches. He had used up all his grace there. That’s not my opinion, it’s in the Balt papers. They couldn’t get him out there fast enough.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Have you ever had to make a decision where your mind is telling you one thing but your heart is saying something else? I wonder if this is where Jerry and FO are with ET. Remember Jerry said they've known the player for a long time. They know he can still play but you can't overlook the character issues coming from the Ravens. So what to do?

Plankton

Reaction score
Have you ever had to make a decision where your mind is telling you one thing but your heart is saying something else? I wonder if this is where Jerry and FO are with ET. Remember Jerry said they've known the player for a long time. They know he can still play but you can't overlook the character issues coming from the Ravens. So what to do?

It's pretty simple, actually. If the coach doesn't want the player in his locker room, you don't sign him. If he's OK with it, you investigate to make sure that there isn't some other issue that you aren't already aware of, and you sign him to a contract with a boat load of outs for the team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's pretty simple, actually. If the coach doesn't want the player in his locker room, you don't sign him. If he's OK with it, you investigate to make sure that there isn't some other issue that you aren't already aware of, and you sign him to a contract with a boat load of outs for the team.

1000%......this is exactly I think the FO is struggling with. In other words, they know we need him BUT only if he's a good fit. In other words, which ET you getting, Seahawks or Ravens?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Stephen took the keys Jerry... it’s ova.

We'll see. I think Stephen & MM are most likely the ones that had other ideas about ET. The committee rules. ;)

I'm almost willing to bet that Stephen had doubts about the $$ Earl wants and MM was all about team chemistry!

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But what was the bottom line result when TO was here? Zero playoff wins
Well bob, Zero playoff wins after he left too, maybe 1 in 2009 , but all I remember is the embarrassing loss to Minn, where dallas could not
even score a td and only 1 fg.
TO had some issues, but he was always ready to play on game day.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It was reported they tried several CBs at safety today. I have a feeling MM asked for a day or two to see if there were any in house options he was comfortable with before signing ET. I think it gets done in a day or two after some convincing to MM.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Kind of weird when your point has to make an assumption just to be a point.

Where do you see the HC doesnt want ET?
If the HC is trying out back up CB's at safety to see if anyone can step up and learn the position 2-3 weeks before the season starts then he clearly wants a better option at safety.
For one thing, ET is not the player he used to be, older coming off injury, and some mental issues . So he isnt the ET of the past like many here think.
MM and the coaches here are big on attitude, positive attitudes, and all that could be derailed by signing ET.

Carson

Reaction score
It was reported they tried several CBs at safety today. I have a feeling MM asked for a day or two to see if there were any in house options he was comfortable with before signing ET. I think it gets done in a day or two after some convincing to MM.

0% chance any in house option is close to what ET brings on the field

the_h0wey

Reaction score

Kwyn

Reaction score
Just when we thought he was going to let McCarthy determine the type of players he wants in the locker room and Pow!!! Jerry happens
But that’s not what he said

sheesh

People just flat out mind reading when they really have no clue

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is weird. To see Jerry meddling like this.

Plankton

Reaction score
1000%......this is exactly I think the FO is struggling with. In other words, they know we need him BUT only if he's a good fit. In other words, which ET you getting, Seahawks or Ravens?

I think, after two broken legs and many miles of tread off the tires, that you wouldn't be getting the on-field version from the Seahawks. Also, he campaigned to get off of that team while they were on a playoff run, so other than the on-field portion, I'm not sure how great of a fit he would have been even then. Couple that with the reports from Baltimore about showing up late for meetings, being unprepared, freelancing on the field, and now, punching a teammate in your positional group (aside from Clint Longley vs Roger Staubach, this is not a frequent occurrence), would you want that guy around your team? Especially after the leadership council on the Ravens told management that they wanted him off the team?

If it's Earl Thomas from 2013-2017, yes. The present Earl Thomas? I don't think so. But, if McCarthy wants him on the team, he should get him. If he doesn't, Thomas shouldn't step foot on Cowboy property.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh no a player got in a fight at camp.
So awful. I can't believe that actually happened.
LOL.

yeah, a player got in a fight in camp..sure thing....he sucker punched a player and then he got released. yeah, sure thing a fight.....

come on dude, stop spinning.

again, what's with you infatuation with ET?

cern

Reaction score
It's a good thing people flatulate. If not, jerry would float away like a dirigible. The man's a sulphur/methane generating machine.