Jerry sending message to Zeke at PC

khiladi

Reaction score
“Looking our for the team”..

I said it multiple times of this forum that this FO is now going to low-ball players based off the flash-in-the-pan season of 2016.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I've stated numerous times I don't believe we should spend all that money on a running back and have 3 of the highest paid linemen in the league. I don't believe we should even have that. There is too much money offense and its not at receiver and its not at quarterback. Its in running back and three offensive linemen and 4 if you count Collins but I think Collins will probably leave us after this year.

I do believe a player Zeke's caliber should get paid. But not in Dallas.
Zeke needs to be a good boy, man up, and play his contract with us...

He could help us win a SB if he wasn’t being greedy..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Several subtle shots at Zeke (and maybe Dak) at the Jaylon PC. He kept effusively praising Jaylon for looking out for the "team" with this contract.

good for Jerry. stand your ground. and with that said, I full now expect the hold out to go into the season and for Zeke to show up for the last 6 games....that is if we have a winning record by then. if we struggle to 1-3 or 1-4 as I have said before, then Zeke has all the leverage and Jerry has to cave in, or accept a bad season. the plus side to that is he will gain leverage against Dak…...so Zeke not here is putting pressure on Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke needs to be a good boy, man up, and play his contract with us...

He could help us win a SB if he wasn’t being greedy..
Well that's the first problem. None of these guys are "boys" anymore. These guys know their voice and their worth. Those days are dwindling down of being good boys especially at the running back position.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Incorrect. You’re starting to sound like another poster I put in ignore because everything to him boiled down to jealousy. These guys already make several million and have made more in a year than I will in a lifetime, you think I personally care that they get paid a few more? Lol, not even close. I want whats best for the team and although that may mean losing one of our best players because he won’t budge on a few million dollars than so be it. Just because he’s a top RB doesn’t mean the salary he wants is justifiable. The idea is to put several quality players on the field, not tie up all your money on a handful and be left digging through the scrap heap for replacements in other positions. I assume you haven’t already forgot the cap hell we just recently got out of and how many people complained about Jerry signing too big of contracts, right? Now he’s learned his lesson and people are still complaining.

First off “Zeke is better than those guys” is very debatable and his off the field behavior should absolutely be taken into account if he wants the most money. I understand Gurleys injury history makes him different from Zeke but both teams (Pitt and LA) lost their starting RB’s and both didn’t skip a beat, they were replaced with a rookie and guy sitting on his couch at home. The replacements may not have been as good but the little drop off, if any, sure showed how Bell and Gurleys price tag wasn’t justified and how expendable that position is.

I didn’t mind signing Lawrence at all and because at least he played under the franchise tag (which I did want to tag him first to see how he did that final year) willingly. Zeke won’t even play with two years left on his original contract let alone a franchise tag.

No, what people whined about with Jerry's contracts were that they were spent on the wrong guys. No one whined about martin's contract and Zeke is tops at his position as well. Pittsburgh could absorb the Bell loss because their offense is pass first and it didn't become that way once Bell left. It's been that way for them since 2014. LA has a great defense anchored by the best in the game so they didn't need to be an offensive juggernaut without Gurley but surely could have used him in the Super Bowl though. 3-3 in the 4th and he would have been the best offensive player on the field. Could have easily made a big difference. But yes, undervalue running backs why don't you. Romo knows the power of a good running back first hand and it's why we drafted Zeke at number 4 in the first place. But he's not going to be used up like a sucker and sent packing so he's striking while the iron is hot. I said it, then Emmitt Smith said it. All of it is chance and the team hasn't even suffered yet, but man are posters' emotions getting jabbed over this. It ain't just the salary cap either bud. Like I said, go look at any other sport without a salary cap when a player gets paid and see the reaction. What's the problem then?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Incorrect. You’re starting to sound like another poster I put in ignore because everything to him boiled down to jealousy. These guys already make several million and have made more in a year than I will in a lifetime, you think I personally care that they get paid a few more? Lol, not even close. I want whats best for the team and although that may mean losing one of our best players because he won’t budge on a few million dollars than so be it. Just because he’s a top RB doesn’t mean the salary he wants is justifiable. The idea is to put several quality players on the field, not tie up all your money on a handful and be left digging through the scrap heap for replacements in other positions. I assume you haven’t already forgot the cap hell we just recently got out of and how many people complained about Jerry signing too big of contracts, right? Now he’s learned his lesson and people are still complaining.

First off “Zeke is better than those guys” is very debatable and his off the field behavior should absolutely be taken into account if he wants the most money. I understand Gurleys injury history makes him different from Zeke but both teams (Pitt and LA) lost their starting RB’s and both didn’t skip a beat, they were replaced with a rookie and guy sitting on his couch at home. The replacements may not have been as good but the little drop off, if any, sure showed how Bell and Gurleys price tag wasn’t justified and how expendable that position is.

I didn’t mind signing Lawrence at all and because at least he played under the franchise tag (which I did want to tag him first to see how he did that final year) willingly. Zeke won’t even play with two years left on his original contract let alone a franchise tag.
:lmao:
Man, I'd just googled & read the USATODAY "Less Pie Left" article, Football Dad closes out that piece with "and I got some backbone to keep it that way",,, Man, I'm easily reading between the lines that Jerry is in committed contract trench warfare,with helmet/flak jacket strapped & snapped secure,,, those new contract " offer's " that had previously been generously proffered early? Ain't gonna be getting all that much more generous (if at all:lmao:)

* Football Dad is fixing to break some young fellers from sucking eggs, while there on egg collecting detail:lmao:,,,I do LUV JERRY.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Well that's the first problem. None of these guys are "boys" anymore. These guys know their voice and their worth. Those days are dwindling down of being good boys especially at the running back position.
Dude, make up your mind.

If you’re a Cowboys fan you should want Zeke to fall in line for the benefit of the Star...

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Looking our for the team”..

I said it multiple times of this forum that this FO is now going to low-ball players based off the flash-in-the-pan season of 2016.

Huh? These guys have all been offered top-5 money thus far. This is what's considered low-balling today?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude, make up your mind.

If you’re a Cowboys fan you should want Zeke to fall in line for the benefit of the Star...
No, I don't. I'm a man first and a Cowboy fan second. I don't want someone who could be my brother, father, son, cousin to not get what they are worth. I don't want anyone to "fall in line". Have some pride. Have some self worth.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My last comment on this. Do you really think Jerry tries to use the fan base as negotiating tools. That's what it sounds like you're saying. Clarify if I'm wrong.
He wants public sentiment on his side and how many fans are "hey, what's the difference in 13M and 15M"? He and his son try to use the media to their benefit. Why take shots at other players when announcing a popular player has been extended? I think this was their strategy and they knew Jaylon was already in a friendly mood. Booger planted this seed earlier about a mysterious extension and came back to pick the flower yesterday. Why pick Jaylon as the one to extend? Why not B. Jones?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? These guys have all been offered top-5 money thus far. This is what's considered low-balling today?
Chuck, that top 5 money is coming from the team, the guarantee, the only thing the agent and player care about, has not been mentioned.

With Prescott and Cooper, we don't know if they're willing to play through their contract year and take the risk that they will be worth more next off season but it is looking like they are. Pretty interesting since both can affect the value of the other.

I think the mistake some posters make is assuming the offer is truly top 5 money and that the players are wrong for not jumping on the offer. When did any owner not feel he was making a good offer to a player? And these two players are with good agents, they have a handle on where the salaries are going and also realize they are driving the bus, the owners are just along for the ride.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for the explanation CC. I just want the team to resolve these issues and get back to playing football. Hopefully, there's lots of stuff going on behind the scenes to get the minutia agreed to by all parties.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
you could see the anger\resentment in Jerry's eyes. Everything was business up until they tried to get snippety about the comment. Now, he is going to show them that they have no leverage and that Zeke's career is entirely in Jerry's hands.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for the explanation CC. I just want the team to resolve these issues and get back to playing football. Hopefully, there's lots of stuff going on behind the scenes to get the minutia agreed to by all parties.
Even though Booger tried to paint Elliott is a less than favorable light, they all know they all lose by not resolving these issues and they're best left behind the scenes as you mentioned, where no one has to explain or retract something they said.

What a ridiculous situation. Booger makes the comment in jest, and it wasn't really funny, and gives Elliott and his agent a gift, I am so DISRESPECTED!!!! Elliott uses that and now Booger is pissed that he can't joke with Elliott when it's clear, you pay a guy, you get to joke about him.

Now, all we need to do is look at what happened in PIT when the HC didn't take charge of that situation and the media got to play with it.

What Booger should do is jump on his jet and ask Elliott to meet him at a secret place and hash out the personal stuff between them with the understanding that the purpose is not to negotiate but to mend the personal relationship and that he will continue to try and negotiate in good faith with Elliott's agent but this is all personal. They have an unusual history and relationship and that needs to be repaired first because this is all about emotion and Booger knows he's not dealing with an emotionally mature young man. Getting pissed himself will not fix this and he needs to fix this for his team.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
There are definitely bodies down there.

Not that I was ever involved in anything even remotely close to such an activity.
I have never even remotely been remotely remote to such remote... remoteness.
Much less witness a witness witnessing a witness witnessing.... anything remotely remote.

LIES! All lies. And then more lies....

lukin2006

Reaction score
I hope he holds out during the season and Pollard proves that we can get along fine without that immature child holding out. I want him traded and off this team...

cern

Reaction score
He wants public sentiment on his side and how many fans are "hey, what's the difference in 13M and 15M"? He and his son try to use the media to their benefit. Why take shots at other players when announcing a popular player has been extended? I think this was their strategy and they knew Jaylon was already in a friendly mood. Booger planted this seed earlier about a mysterious extension and came back to pick the flower yesterday. Why pick Jaylon as the one to extend? Why not B. Jones?
easy answer. a pro bowl caliber lb is harder to replace than a cb. were strong with d-backs and kris Richard as their coach. but after Jaylon and lve, we have the oft hobbled sean lee and some unknowns. hope Gifford rises to the top. Covington, too. I hope we can keep jones. but if we can't, he can be replaced easier than Jaylon.

Brax

Reaction score
I don’t get what Brady’s wife has to do with anything? So what, she makes more money then every other NFL wife. Is 60 million or 90 million or 30 million not enough for these prima donnas to live off?
Brady's wife is crutch used by some to try and justify why Brady takes team friendly deals, everyone who say's this has personal knowledge that this true so everyone should accept it as fact, those 9 SB appearances should never factor into his contract choices.