Jerry should strongly consider Flacco in the off season

KingRah

Reaction score
At the very least, it'll give Dak some competition. He had his best season when Romo was on the sideline.
He'd give us an option if Dak goes down. He's won a Super Bowl. He has a rocket launcher for an arm and to be honest, he hasn't had weapons since getting his max contract. He needs an offense similar to Mahommes. He needs to go deep often. Amare would would be lethal with him. Plus, he reads defenses better than Dak at the line of scrimmage. That alone would eliminate sacks. Anyone who plays average or below should have competition. That includes the safeties and entire o-line except Z Martin.

KingRah

Reaction score
Tell Flacco he's going to compete and has a chance to start, but make it Dak's job to lose.

Reaction score
I like this and that would be my #1 target. The only issue I really worry about this team is chemistry. It 'seems' that this locker room is 100% behind Dak. I have heard a 'small' amount of rumbling from the WR group, but not much. Zeke would be my #1 concern because they are buds. That said it all comes down to how well management can handle it.

But just apples to apples, yes Dak needs competition, at true competition. If he's as good as everyone says, well nothing to worry about he'll win the job right?

KingRah

Reaction score
I like this and that would be my #1 target. The only issue I really worry about this team is chemistry. It 'seems' that this locker room is 100% behind Dak. I have heard a 'small' amount of rumbling from the WR group, but not much. Zeke would be my #1 concern because they are buds. That said it all comes down to how well management can handle it.

But just apples to apples, yes Dak needs competition, at true competition. If he's as good as everyone says, well nothing to worry about he'll win the job right?
Exactly. Romo had witten and dez in his corner. They still moved on.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Depends on $.

I'm not paying starting money for Flacco, and I expect some team will.

Foles or Fitzpatrick is the veteran I'd bring in.

Foles may also demand a large contract.

KingRah

Reaction score
Depends on $.

I'm not paying starting money for Flacco, and I expect some team will.

Foles or Fitzpatrick is the veteran I'd bring in.

Foles may also demand a large contract.
What type of sense does it make to have a qb coach with less starting experience as your starter? They also have young back ups.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
What type of sense does it make to have a qb coach with less starting experience as your starter? They also have young back ups.
I think Moore as QB coach is ridiculous, I'm not defending that. I would love for us to bring in Sanchez if he retires from starting after this season. He had a good connection with Dak.

I do see merit in bringing in a vet back-up, but not at the rates the big names are going to demand. I am not paying $15mn+ for Flacco or Foles to hangout as our backup.

KingRah

Reaction score
I think Moore as QB coach is ridiculous, I'm not defending that. I would love for us to bring in Sanchez if he retires from starting after this season. He had a good connection with Dak.

I do see merit in bringing in a vet back-up, but not at the rates the big names are going to demand. I am not paying $15mn+ for Flacco or Foles to hangout as our backup.
I want a guy with the fire to want to start as my back up. I want a guy who believes he can take the job even if he doesn't.
I want Foles or Flacco.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I want a guy with the fire to want to start as my back up. I want a guy who believes he can take the job even if he doesn't.
I want Foles or Flacco.
Not worth the price.

Neither guy is going to win a Super Bowl here, and both are going to completely wreck our ability to keep the players we need to keep and make moves in free agency.

KingRah

Reaction score
Not worth the price.

Neither guy is going to win a Super Bowl here, and both are going to completely wreck our ability to keep the players we need to keep and make moves in free agency.
Everyone thinks they'll break the bank at first. If no one gives them starter jobs, their next option is a team with a starter who could be surpassed. Dak is that guy who can lose his job if they ever allow competition. They didn't allow Romo to compete because Romo would've won.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Flacco has better options. He could not have to move his family, by playing for the Skins, or go to Jacksonville.

John813

Reaction score
The FO is sold on Dak.

Flacco can still find a spot that will virtually hand him the gig for a year or two at least.

Can't see this working out.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Joe Flacco, is such good a QB he lost his job to Lamar Jackson a QB that averages 171 YPG, and a QBR of 48.7, and btw Flacco best QBR has been 68.2, and also had a 2/1 TD/Int ratio this season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What a horrible decision that would be.

61.7 completion %age, career rating of 84.1, double digit interceptions every year he played except this year, when he was only in 9 games. Even had double digit ints in 2015 when he only played in 10 games. 34 years old at the start of the season.

NO...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

And if that happens, you spent money for somebody that will likely never play, and have to let Rush or White go, who at least know the plays/scheme.

Thinly veiled Dak hate?

KingRah

Reaction score
61.7 completion %age, career rating of 84.1, double digit interceptions every year he played except this year, when he was only in 9 games. Even had double digit ints in 2015 when he only played in 10 games. 34 years old at the start of the season.

NO...
Super bowl win. Playoff wins against Brady.