Jerry speaks on Elliott

Legend

Reaction score
Good.. Teams that pass the ball efficiently are what wins in the NFL. Running the ball efficiently doesn't really correlate with winning.

Zeke ran all over everyone to start the season last year and we were 3-5.

We trade for Amari, our passing gets better, and we start winning. Big shocker.
You need potent passing and potent running game.

Without Zeke, Cooper will be doubled if required, Pollard will be stopped with base defense (so no running game), and opposing defenses will tee off on Dak with the blitz.

It will get ugly for the Cowboys offense.

Jerry and his son are so cheap, they seem to want this to happen so Cooper and Dak contract expectations drop some.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I think Jerry is just saying we're in no hurry to hand out a stupid contract so either sign what we've offered and get in here or sit until you've missed so many game checks that you're tired of losing 230k a week and you show up anyways.

Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins as well as Tony Pollard have Jerry very relaxed right now.
He’s stupids if he’s taking the divisional games for granted

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You need potent passing and potent running game.

Without Zeke, Cooper will be doubled if required, Pollard will be stopped with base defense (so no running game), and opposing defenses will tee off on Dak with the blitz.

It will get ugly for the Cowboys offense.

Jerry and his son are so cheap, they seem to want this to happen so Cooper and Dak contract expectations drop some.

You definitely don't need a potent running game.

Dallas is one of the few teams that values running the ball. Look at all of the success we've had with it since 2014... Championships everywhere.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Jerry and Zeke already have a deal, this is just typical marketing drama. Jerry is milking it as he does everything else. The more people talk about the team, the more money he makes. Welcome to the show....

Verdict

Reaction score
The FO needs to go into the season assuming Zeke ain't playing all year. If he does come back it'll be icing on the cake. In the meantime McClay should be scouring the rosters of 31 other teams for RB's. What we got behind Pollard ain't cutting it. If we need to trade Taco or whoever for player x,y or z do it..

Pollard seems to be the only legit back on the roster other than Zeke. Chunn has been pimped as ok, but I haven’t really seen him play. Morris isn’t an acceptable substitute as a running back. If Morris is acceptable, literally anyone can run behind this line because Morris totally sucks.

Legend

Reaction score
You definitely don't need a potent running game.

Dallas is one of the few teams that values running the ball.
Cowboys need a potent running game, potent passing game, potent defense, and potent special teams if they want to win a SB again; with current mediocre coaching and front office.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is nothing really so it's funny to see all the attempts to interpret. Jerry's leverage is they don't offer a good enough deal and Zeke either signs or sits, so any public talk is to act as if this will happen. Zeke's leverage is that if he sits, the team goes to Hades this year without him and doesn't make the playoffs so if they talk, it's to give the impression that this will happen. Meanwhile both sides continue to negotiate toward a deal and any public statements are just fluff. If you hear that negotiations have broken off, then it'll be time to get all your emotions involved, not before. I still think a deal will happen before Week 1.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not according to Mickey Spagnuola (spelling) if he comes back by week 10 his year will be added !!!!

Spags is wrong.

It was well discussed here on this board. The day for players under contract to show up to get that year of accrual towards FA was in early August. The Week 10 deadline doesn't apply to players under contract who were holding out.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Keenum is a limited QB. And with the Trent Williams issues, you wonder about their OL.

But I do like their defense. They got beef and playmakers in the middle and then guys like Kerrigan off the edge. Their secondary should be decent. If that defense is good, they can keep themselves in games. I just am not sure that offense can hold up.

Keenum and receiving Corp are their draw backs. Even without William's their Oline is still very good.

There are other teams with larger issues that everyone seems to have over them. It's odd.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is not true. The real date is week 10.

It is not false.

The Week 10 threshold doesn't apply to players under contract who are holding out.

This comes directly from the official NFL operations website - their 2019 calendar:

Aug. 6 - Deadline for players under contract to report to their clubs to earn an accrued season for free agency.

Sydla

Reaction score
Keenum and receiving Corp are their draw backs. Even without William's their Oline is still very good.

There are other teams with larger issues that everyone seems to have over them. It's odd.

Yeah I don't get it either. I saw one analyst say the Skins might only win 3 games. They are better than a 3 win team.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I think Jerry is just saying we're in no hurry to hand out a stupid contract so either sign what we've offered and get in here or sit until you've missed so many game checks that you're tired of losing 230k a week and you show up anyways.

Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins as well as Tony Pollard have Jerry very relaxed right now.

and we have a winner.
lets hope he means it.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
Spags is wrong.

It was well discussed here on this board. The day for players under contract to show up to get that year of accrual towards FA was in early August. The Week 10 deadline doesn't apply to players under contract who were holding out.
Well then even better !!!!! He is screwed blued and tattooed!!!!!!! I’m a die hard fan for almost 40 years !!!! I want this guy off the team ... trade him get some picks and move on....

Sydla

Reaction score
Well then even better !!!!! He is screwed blued and tattooed!!!!!!! I’m a die hard fan for almost 40 years !!!! I want this guy off the team ... trade him get some picks and move on....

I think Spags was mistaken earlier but he was right in saying that the accrued season might not matter all that much to Zeke and his situation.