Twitter: Jerry Speaks on Jaylon & Zeke’s Contract Extensions

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am surprised anyone takes anything Jerry says seriously. One the guy is blinded by hubris. He never thinks he is wrong. Two he is a senile fool. Three he like the swooshing and the feed me crap because that sell merchandise. Four this is a 3-8 football team on a 25 year run of futility. He is the GM for this dog sheet show. Five Stephen is waiting in the wings so fan nihilism rules.
Jerry brought in MM, which I slammed from day 1, but was universally applauded on this board, and MM SUCKS. His fake punts come at horrible locations on the field and come at horrible times. Add in losing your franchise qb and this seasons results are predictable.... EXACTLY like 2015, and EXACTLY what happens to 90% of all teams that lose a franchise QB to injury. Hey, how did the Packers look a few years back when Rodgers went down? How did the Steelers do when Big Ben went down a couple years back?

yeah, and that was with the great Mike Tomlin.

Hey, how are those Pats and the greatest coach of all time looking now that he has entered QB purgatory like so many teams?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Feast my brethren...

To be fair, the Jaylon signing *looked* like a homerun at the time. He was already looking like a Pro Bowl LB in 2018, with the expectation that his leg would continue to improve going forward.

I think Jaylon knew the leg was regressing, and that's why we got the "team friendly" deal we did.

Jaylon, Zeke, and Lawrence all publicly pantsed Jerry. I think Jerry was trying to lock in guys before a projected huge increase in cap. Reasonable plan until The Thing Which Must Not Be Named.

Frozen700

Reaction score
This is how I know when they say all the right things regarding Dak, that it's bull****.

Everyone knows the move to extend Jaylon and Zeke now look bad, he and his son just say what they have to to not ruffle feathers.

I get it

#DontpayDak

Aven8

Reaction score
I didn’t realize the Dementia has progressed this quickly.........

stiletto

Reaction score
Whenever the words "Jerry+Speak" are said, this image pops into my mind immediately. I can't help it.

tenor.gif

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Bob Sturm did a long article on Zeke with the conclusion of cutting Zeke. Its comical because there are two choices.

A) Jerry gives the Bull Durham non-answers and fans grumble.

B) Jerry says they will cut players and the national headlines are that Jerry is throwing the players under the bus in the middle of the season.

Either way, fan reaction is the same:

JFy.gif

If it's all the same, GM decisions should be based on something other than the fans reactions. I guess in this case, it's Jerry's affinity for a particular player.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
In this same interview, he stated he agreed with the fake punt call because “they were getting gashed in the running game, vertically.

Jaylon is part of the problem when you’re getting gashed.

The Geezer sees what we all see, but he will never publicly admit fault or speak bad about his players.

What game did he watch? 60 yards rushing is "gashing" the other team?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jeez -- Jerruh's the ultimate snake oil salesman -- it seems a shame that he was born well past the days of the Old West. :grin:

On second thought, maybe it's best that he didn't exist back then. He'd more than likely have been shot in the street for his lies!

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
To be fair, the Jaylon signing *looked* like a homerun at the time. He was already looking like a Pro Bowl LB in 2018, with the expectation that his leg would continue to improve going forward.

I think Jaylon knew the leg was regressing, and that's why we got the "team friendly" deal we did.

Jaylon, Zeke, and Lawrence all publicly pantsed Jerry. I think Jerry was trying to lock in guys before a projected huge increase in cap. Reasonable plan until The Thing Which Must Not Be Named.

dlaw plays good

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I know I specifically did not make a dig at DLaw. I figured I should mix in one bright spot just to mix it up a little.

My bad then. I misunderstood.

After all the heat Tank took last year, I just wanted to point out he's been one of the lone bright spots on the defense, and a very bright one at that. Maybe it really was the injuries limiting him. His inside move has gone from good, to devastating this season. The best thing that could happen to him now is Gregory staying on point and the Cowboys adding a beefy middle rusher (not Aldon Smith).