Twitter: Jerry to Troy - Drastic changes don't need to be made

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he will say that.

To agree with Troy would be to admit that the way this team has been run for the past 22 years was wrong. He will never admit to that because he is the one responsible.

"This is a tough stretch that we're in" is simply a moronic statement.

Exactly. He will never ever admit to it.

But I love seeing a former Cowboy with such a high standing call him out for it. Others should follow.

ksadler1

Reaction score
And this is EXACTLY why no top notch coach will want to work for Jerry...Anyone here think Jerry would allow a coach to run this team without continually interfering??

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerrry Jones was aware of Troy Aikman’s comments on 1310 The Ticket this week, saying the Cowboys need a “complete overhaul of the organization,” but wasn’t about to admit changes need to be made. “This is a tough stretch that we’re in,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “We’ve been in tough stretches when he played here. These are tough stretches and people are going to be critical and take their shots. So I’m fully aware that this is a time that we should be criticized.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Yes, Jerry, there were tough times when Troy was here, but there also were drastic change that helped right the ship. Most notably the Herschel Walker trade. Then the Steve Walsh trade. Then hiring Norv Turner and Hudson Houck. Of course, Jerry made drastic changes when he first took over the Cowboys by hiring Jimmy and Jimmy's chosen staff.
There is no Herschel Walker/Steve Walsh deals to be made, but the coaching staff can be worked on. If Jerry doesn't make a change after the year he wont actually be doing Garrett any favors (except the big paycheck of course). A large portion of the fan base is already calling for Garrett's head, and by keeping him next year Jerry will just be setting him up for much worse. Garrett is a good guy, but he is in over his head, and keeping him will only put him more in the line of fire.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where's Emmitt? Romo? Woodson? Moose? They should all be piling on right now. Have Jerry explain why everyone thinks he's the problem and why he still won't do anything about it. Ask him today. Ask him again tomorrow. Make his professional life miserable.

erod

Reaction score
A tough stretch, Jerry?

I've had three kids since you last won a divisional playoff game, and one of them is a junior in college.

Bill Clinton was president.

You had your old face.

Leighton Vander Esch wasn't born.

This message board didn't exist.

We had flip phones.

The internet was 56K.

Yeah, that's quite a stretch, Jerry.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
get real people. I think Jones needs to get a GM in here, but what was he going to say, he agrees?

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
Troy may be correct but his judgement in personnel is questionable.

“ David LaFleur – Hand-picked by Troy Aikman to replace Jay Novacek, the 22nd pick in ’97 flopped with only 85 catches in 60 career games.“

QT

Reaction score
A tough stretch, Jerry?

I've had three kids since you last won a divisional playoff game, and one of them is a junior in college.

Bill Clinton was president.

You had your old face.

Leighton Vander Esch wasn't born.

This message board didn't exist.

We had flip phones.

The internet was 56K.

Yeah, that's quite a stretch, Jerry.

Hey I was connecting at 28,8 per AOL...

I'm so glad Troy brought this up, but as long as Jerry is making his money, Jerry is still doing it his way.

QT

Reaction score
Troy may be correct but his judgement in personnel is questionable.

“ David LaFleur – Hand-picked by Troy Aikman to replace Jay Novacek, the 22nd pick in ’97 flopped with only 85 catches in 60 career games.“

Yeah Troy really wanted a TE that year. Remember Tony Gonzales (which Troy really liked) was the top TE coming out and he was drafted way before us, so Troy picked the next best TE prospect.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I object to the thread title edit. This isn't drastic change we're talking about. That implies radical change. This is merely real change. Doing business like a sane sports franchise.

GenoT

Reaction score
Jerry should package next year’s #2 and #3 DPs for another “magic” wide receiver; kind of a bookend for Amari Cooper.

We can never have too many of those, considering all the playoff success we had after acquiring Joey Galloway, T.O. and Roy Williams.