Twitter: Jerry to Troy - Drastic changes don't need to be made

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has spoiled Cowboys fans by creating those SB winnings teams at the beginning of his ownership. This is a tough stretch with a QB transition and we need to support our team.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Troy may be correct but his judgement in personnel is questionable.

“ David LaFleur – Hand-picked by Troy Aikman to replace Jay Novacek, the 22nd pick in ’97 flopped with only 85 catches in 60 career games.“
He wanted Tony Gonzales.

The Cowboys were too obvious about wanting him and the Chiefs moved up to get him.

LaFleuer was the consolation prize.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry Has to say these things or as a GM hes letting the TEAMs current starters that JG is a lame duck coach and can lose the team the rest of the season.. whatever he says in public means squat behind the scenes, you can see those Suite Box shots of his disgust and hes not the only ONE and id argue will have less say on whether or not JG is cut after game 16.. Will and Stephen just like the Dez, Romo, Baily, and Ware and other tough cuts,they will force Jerry to make the change, he just wont say it now unless she was getting rid of him now and hes not doing that..

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has spoiled Cowboys fans by creating those SB winnings teams at the beginning of his ownership. This is a tough stretch with a QB transition and we need to support our team.
spoiled? I guess Landry spoiled us during those 20 straight winning seasons? Jimmy just put us back where we belonged. Jerry has been running the team the last 22 years. His record speaks for itself.

lopey

Reaction score

Jerrry Jones was aware of Troy Aikman’s comments on 1310 The Ticket this week, saying the Cowboys need a “complete overhaul of the organization,” but wasn’t about to admit changes need to be made. “This is a tough stretch that we’re in,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “We’ve been in tough stretches when he played here. These are tough stretches and people are going to be critical and take their shots. So I’m fully aware that this is a time that we should be criticized.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

A bad stretch is like 4-5 games, its been about 352 games Jerrah!!!! You imbecile.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Jerrry Jones was aware of Troy Aikman’s comments on 1310 The Ticket this week, saying the Cowboys need a “complete overhaul of the organization,” but wasn’t about to admit changes need to be made. “This is a tough stretch that we’re in,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “We’ve been in tough stretches when he played here. These are tough stretches and people are going to be critical and take their shots. So I’m fully aware that this is a time that we should be criticized.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

I am a bit surprised; this was not the sort of response I would have normally expected. Rather, more acknowledgement than repuduation.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO, his response is the same as "**** happens". As if decisions made by those in charge didn't bring them to this.

I guess he could use injuries as an excuse because we know other teams don't have those. Like the one they're playing Sunday night?

Sydla

Reaction score
I honestly wonder if you told Jerry the franchise has won only 3 playoff games since 1996 he would think you were lying.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A tough stretch, Jerry?

I've had three kids since you last won a divisional playoff game, and one of them is a junior in college.

Bill Clinton was president.

You had your old face.

Leighton Vander Esch wasn't born.

This message board didn't exist.

We had flip phones.

The internet was 56K.

Yeah, that's quite a stretch, Jerry.
LMAO, it came back.