Twitter: Jerry to Troy - Drastic changes don't need to be made

Chrispierce

Reaction score
This isn’t a tough stretch. They either change how they run things at the top,or we’ll head into decade #3 of this never ending nightmare. This is why I keep asking the question...when they fire the staff,what’s really going to change?

khiladi

Reaction score

Jerrry Jones was aware of Troy Aikman’s comments on 1310 The Ticket this week, saying the Cowboys need a “complete overhaul of the organization,” but wasn’t about to admit changes need to be made. “This is a tough stretch that we’re in,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “We’ve been in tough stretches when he played here. These are tough stretches and people are going to be critical and take their shots. So I’m fully aware that this is a time that we should be criticized.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Well he played in tough stretches when you and Lacewell and Jim Garrett were running the show... so there is that...

cowboyec

Reaction score
"people"???
how bout hall of fame,3x Super Bowl Champion...Troy earned the right to say it.
:starspin:Thank You 8:starspin:

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Lol.

I said a couple of years ago on here that Jerry was cruising in his convertible, top down, radio turned up, blinker on, making a hard right onto Al Davis Ave.

He's now completed the turn, sees nothing but open road ahead, and is mashing the accelerator with his head back, toupee flapping in the wind, laughing maniacally as he tears off into the distance.

Big_D

Reaction score
This isn’t a tough stretch. They either change how they run things at the top,or we’ll head into decade #3 of this never ending nightmare. This is why I keep asking the question...when they fire the staff,what’s really going to change?

just Garrett being gone. That long lost family member. The new coach won't get 10 to 20 years to prove his worth. That should be the one positive change. Those days of being comfortable and hoping for the best with his boytoy will be a thing of the past.

risco

Reaction score

Jerrry Jones was aware of Troy Aikman’s comments on 1310 The Ticket this week, saying the Cowboys need a “complete overhaul of the organization,” but wasn’t about to admit changes need to be made. “This is a tough stretch that we’re in,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “We’ve been in tough stretches when he played here. These are tough stretches and people are going to be critical and take their shots. So I’m fully aware that this is a time that we should be criticized.”

i

Wake up Jerry- people have been taking shots for years now!!!!

GORICO

Reaction score

i

you know Jerry is honest...he said this is a time we should be criticized

GORICO

Reaction score
lol, the delusion is real. I'd have much more respect if he'd clean house right now.
here is what i am concerned about...that cowboys will win a few games and Jerry might say....well maybe its not that bad?.....Garrett finds a way to win just to keep you from jumping off the cliff...then when you say ..Ok maybe things will look up?...they will lose in such a way your heart is ripped out of your chest once again

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Troy may be correct but his judgement in personnel is questionable.

“ David LaFleur – Hand-picked by Troy Aikman to replace Jay Novacek, the 22nd pick in ’97 flopped with only 85 catches in 60 career games.“

Somebody else said Troy actually wanted Gonzales, but he was picked before us.