Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever you need to say to make you feel more superior but we both know the real about you people

2hwflx.jpg

Lutonio

Reaction score
Relax. We all know that you can't believe everything Jerry Jones says about the team.

What is he supposed to say? You can't come out and say how bad he sucks while he's still the starter.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, now let's consider all the good QB's Booger has been responsible for in his assessment.

Aikman? Nope, that would have been the pick of any owner or HC and Brandt has already stated that had they remained in charge, he was their pick. And let's not anoint Johnson as the QB guy either, he was so astute as a QB guy, he got Walsh in the supplemental.

The revolving door is less than impressive of the most critical piece of the puzzle and he can't even take credit for Romo, only holding onto him.

And let's not forget trying to trade up to get Lynch and then getting jumped on taking Cook before they resigned themselves to Prescott. Their 3rd choice actually ended up better and the jury is still out on him.

I will not argue that Prescott might be the type QB you can build around, much like McMahon, Dilfer, Johnson and Flacco but look at what was built around them with their defenses. A builder has to be dead on in today's NFL with all those other pieces if he doesn't have a Tier 1 QB.

So, if he's not just shooting off his mouth as usual, he's got to get 1 #1WR, and not just by title, a #2 unless Gallup can fill that role and a PB caliber TE to give his mid level QB top flight weapons. It can be done through the draft and FA but they are not through building that D and will need to figure out what to do with Lawrence and Jones with regards to the cap. And they might still sign Thomas.

And I didn't even mention coaching and if you don't think using the further maturation of Dak Prescott with Garrett is behind this, think again. Can't just change your HC with your QB under development and he'll probably have a new OC.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jerry..

The Texans can't stop the pass..

They stopped our pass..

You know why Jerry?

Because we can't pass.
Jerry is just backing his quarterback. We will start hearing rumors that the Cowboys are scouting college Qbs soon. I am Dak fan and I can see he is having issues throwing the ball. Tim Tebow 2.0.