Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

Legend

Reaction score
It’s more like Jerry and Stephen support Dak because his jersey sales are making them big money.

Get Dak some real weapons in receiving group and if it does not work out; it would be easy for the Cowboys to attract an elite QB in free agency.

I do not believe an Aaron Rodgers type QB would find the Dallas Cowboys attractive with their #3-#5 WRs and TEs.

links18

Reaction score
Its only 5 games into the season and Jerry is already having to throw you a hook for next year. "We'll get a #1 receiver and everything is gonna be alright." Last time he needed a #1 receiver he gave up two #1 picks.

khiladi

Reaction score
As the Cowboys’ passing game struggles, Jerry Jones said the team has not had a true No. 1 receiver in “several years,” on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. Dez Bryant’s last big season came in 2014. Jones signed Bryant to a $70 million contract in 2015 but the production dropped and Bryant was released last April. “I’m basically giving you my definition of a No. 1 receiver and it is Julio Jones. It is the guy we played the other night (DeAndre Hopkins),” Jones said. “Those are the guys. There’s not but about a handful of those in the NFL.”
i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

This guy just keeps digging the hole bigger and bigger to defend the clown decision to start Dak. This is basically him playing PR after everybody is now saying that Dez wasn’t the problem and they made a mistake.

Plus, Julio Jones hasn’t caught a TD pass at all this season and had only three last year and he has Matt Ryan as his QB, not Dak Prescott.

Dez in his allegedly waning years was still finding the end zone more than Jones and his QB is straight trash.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet Jerry sees the problem as we all do, but it would be hard to say otherwise publicly at this point in the season without killing the morale of the team.

He gambled and he failed, and this may be the worst looking Cowboys offense I've seen in my lifetime (I wasn't alive in the late 80s) and the people who are/were responsible for putting it together need to be held accountable.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak and this coaching staff go hand in hand. The only reason Dak starts and started is because of this coaching staff. Jerry is never going to get rid of this coaching staff for Dak, because only this coaching staff would have Dak as their starting QB seeing what they are seeing.

khiladi

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. You're just scapegoating coaches. There isn't a coach on planet Earth that's going to win anything with a QB who can't throw.

It’s these coaches that made that decision, so they are rightly scapegoating the coaches, but for the wrong reason.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
ones signed Bryant to a $70 million contract in 2015

I wonder what else happened in 2015....

Tony Romo, injured after 4 starts. Then the team started Brandon Weeden for 3 games, Matt Cassel for 7, and Kellen Moore for 2.

Then in 2016, he gets a 4th round rookie QB, who came out of nowhere and had a good year, but was still not the passer Romo was. Dez still caught 50 passes, 8 TDs, in 13 games.

2017 Dak regressed.

Yep, definitely Dez's fault. No other reasons.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys have their back-up for years to come, but not an upper echelon starter. Watching Smith and Brees work from the pocket last night night was grim reminder of how far the Cowboys have fallen off with their level of QB play.