Jerry will never fire Garrett

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We're kidding ourselves to think Jerry would fire Garrett. I'm as guilty as anyone.

He wouldn't, and he won't. Jerry doesn't have it in him to fire his adopted son. Jerry is all about loyalty, just like a good dog or a mob boss. It means everything to him.

Just look at what Garrett has quietly tolerated during his tenure from Jerry. It would have driven most men completely mad. Garrett kept his thoughts and complaints to himself.

In turn, Jerry will NOT subject Garrett to the shame of being publicly fired.

Instead, he'll step down in an amicable split, iro justjr retire from coaching just like Urban Meyer has done twice before.

Jerry won't paint Garrett as a fired coach. He'll just accept Garrett's decision and thank him with praise

If the rumors are true and Jerry and Stephen have already been talking to people then JG probably wants out of the circus too! Jerry mentioned he will be coaching in the NFL next year so I think JG just walks and that’s that!

erod

Reaction score
Denver destroying the Texans in Houston.

31-3 coming

Weird.

Lock schooling Watson.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If the players quit on him then it’s full circle. We all saw the players give up on Wade. Some even said JG helped set it up so he could get the job. JJ wanted JG as his HC but wanted him to have some experience first as OC. The players forced JJ hand. Now it’s happening to JG. JJ dont like it.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
This is why he had no contract, JJ may hire him to the FO. But he won’t be HC next year. No way the players play for him any more. I think the players have packed it in now.
Jerry is going to 100% move him to the front office.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Garrett's tenure is secure regardless of results. It's his friendship with Jones that matters, and that is not in danger.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Don't retire from coaching you fraud Garrett! Get another job to solidify how trash you are THEN you can dissapear forever.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan