Jerry, you are dead to me and I protected you through the Landry debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It was Before the Anthem, not during..

Yup. I respect Jerry for what he did. It's easy to forget that this whole protest thing happened when a black dude who was innocent of any wrong doing had his car stall on the road and when he tried to get help, they assumed he was a criminal and gunned him down. While I myself would not have chosen this form of protest, I totally get where the people are coming from. That was someone's father, someone's brother, and someone's son. I understand love of country and wanting to hold the flag as sacred. Well, Jerry Jones did that. He found a way to express support for people who have endured injustice without disrespecting the flag. Good for him. He's empathized with people who are hurting over some injustices. IMO what the flag means is loving your country so much that you care about other Americans. If you get the chance, watch Shango's video about some racist dude who spat in his wife's face and got away with it. He tried to have the dude arrested, but had no luck. If he had fought back against the guy, he would have a record and would be screwed for life.

I'm all for love of country and respecting our flag, our veterans, and acknowledging that cops have a very stressful and tough job. However, we've got to also be able to empathize with and reach out to other Americans who are suffering. If it had been my dad who got shot, you'd better believe I would be suffering. That's why I'm asking other Americans to think outside the box a bit. You may not like the way some of the people have been protesting, but that doesn't invalidate the pain they've been through. And Jones found a way to acknowledge that we've got injustice we need to take care of -- without kneeling down during the anthem. I totally respect him for that. He's a billionaire. If he wanted to, he could not give a crap about other people, but I believe that he does. I don't believe this was a stunt or a trick to get money. I think the man genuinely cares about people. I would like to have him as a boss.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
when a black dude who was innocent of any wrong doing had his car stall on the road and when he tried to get help, they assumed he was a criminal and gunned him down.
You make the same leaps Kap did...... twisting the facts in one or two cases to push a lie that you need to be true to have any cause at all........ instead of focusing on the thousands of young black men killed by other black men with no answer in sight it is easier to target the racist boogeyman and keep dividing people

Kap said he was sitting for the Anthem because he wasn't going to show pride in our Country

He said "we"(America) systematically oppressed and murdered black men and were getting paid for it

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

It was as short sighed and vulgar then as it is now......... they keep trying to sanitize it but he is saying America's flag and anthem represent racist people and cops that kill black people for sport.... forget that

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Oh, bullcrap. You just don't like listening to other Americans who are suffering. Jerry DIDN'T kneel during the anthem. He did it with players beforehand because, unlike you, he actually cares about other Americans. You're no patriot. A patriot cares when other Americans suffer.

T-RO

Reaction score
Oh, bullcrap. You just don't like listening to other Americans who are suffering. Jerry DIDN'T kneel during the anthem. He did it with players beforehand because, unlike you, he actually cares about other Americans. You're no patriot. A patriot cares when other Americans suffer.

Who is suffering? Walk me through it...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Who is suffering? Walk me through it...

Here's a small sample, and these aren't isolated cases.

Tulsa cops shoot unarmed man whose car stalls. His hands were up. He was making no threatening moves.

Cops shoot unarmed man:

cops shoot unarmed man for going to his car to get cigarettes

And don't even think of branding me anti-cop. I get that cops have a hard job and most do a good job. But when this crap keeps happening, it's unacceptable, just as it's unacceptable when teachers sleep with an underage kid. You oppose that and it's not an indictment of all teachers. It's totally unacceptable for a cop to shoot any unarmed person who is not posing a threat. This is just three sample videos. This crap happens all the time. If you oppose it, it doesn't mean you hate the country.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
The Country has been deeply divided for some time

It started with the Clinton Impeachment
Then it was Bush-Gore and the hanging chads
Then the Iraqi and Afghani Wars
Then Obama/Hillary vs McCain
Then Obamacare
Then the rise of the Tea Party
Then Trump

Agreed, but it started with Viet Nam.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Tulsa cops shoot unarmed man whose car stalls. His hands were up. He was making no threatening moves.

Cops shoot unarmed man:

Thank you for showing that cops are not perfect but I don't believe that claim was ever made. Colin Kaepernick did even complain about those specific instances. He complain about events that turned out to be legal "good" shootings by cops to stop a real threat to them but you don't even know that, do you? And then he compounded his false narrative by throwing is support to Assata Shakur,
And don't even think of branding me anti-cop. I get that cops have a hard job and most do a good job. But when this crap keeps happening, it's unacceptable, just as it's unacceptable when teachers sleep with an underage kid. You oppose that and it's not an indictment of all teachers. It's totally unacceptable for a cop to shoot any unarmed person who is not posing a threat. This is just three sample videos. This crap happens all the time. If you oppose it, it doesn't mean you hate the country.

Cops shoot unarmed man:

Thank you for defending a point that no body is contradicting. What you just did was finding a cause to fit a narrative rather than producing a narrative to support a cause. Nobody said cops are perfect. However, we are on this police brutality topic because 49ers ex-QB Colin Kaepernick made some specific claims about specific incidents that he would have us believe were unjustified by the police. That's just not true. The incidents he complained about were clear cut cases of cops defending themselves from perpetrators that either drew a gun on them or gave them good reason to think they were drawing a gun on them.

And then Kaepernick showed his real colors by donating $25,000 to a Chicago “direct action” resistance organization honoring Assata Shakur, a renounced cop killer that escaped justice by taking asylum in Cuba.
He even wore a pro-Fidel Castro shirt to show how anti-American he really is.

So, if you support Kaepernick by taking a knee that is what you are supporting. Killing cops.

John813

Reaction score
And being helped along by Russian social media bots

Eh, maybe.
People on the right just needed to see Clinton on the Democrats ticket and they would of voted for a TV Host for President.
The hate for anything Clinton was still there since the late 90's. Especially with her going to NY for a shoe in spot as Senator, for an eventually run for Pres.

To me, whether Russia interfered or not, or determining the extent, people were going to vote for Trump regardless of outside influences.

Dodger12

Reaction score

You're right. It is unacceptable. You shouldn't get any argument from me or anyone else on that. But of the hundreds of thousands of police "contact" with civilians, a very small number end in death. Again, in general, a person has a better chance of getting struck by lightening then getting killed by a police officer. In your first two videos you posted, the officers were charged criminally. I couldn't find anything on the third video. No one is excusing these actions. But that doesn't mean it's rampant and should result in the wide-spread vilification of law enforcement.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No one is excusing these actions. But that doesn't mean it's rampant and should result in the wide-spread vilification of law enforcement.
Nor the disrespect of the flag and anthem

That is where the anger comes from...... they are not only forcing their politics onto our pastime but they are using the flag to grab the most attention and inflict the most disrespect....

Not every injustice in the world needs to talked about during every football game and Kap knows if he did this on his own time it wouldn't have the same amount of eyeballs....... they have several news channels dedicated to covering these stories

I am disappointed that Jerry accepted the NFL's decision to ban the cops decal but stood with some radical players to disrespect the police and the flag and insult the President

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Nor the disrespect of the flag and anthem

That is where the anger comes from...... they are not only forcing their politics onto our pastime but they are using the flag to grab the most attention and inflict the most disrespect....

Not every injustice in the world needs to talked about during every football game and Kap knows if he did this on his own time it wouldn't have the same amount of eyeballs....... they have several news channels dedicated to covering these stories

I am disappointed that Jerry accepted the NFL's decision to ban the cops decal but stood with some radical players to disrespect the police and the flag and insult the President
That burns me up too. The NFL is taking sides on issues. Either they should let all issues be protested or none and none should be protested by kneeling at the flag. Let them wear decals or something.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL at people upset at Jerry over this stuff.

If you want to be mad at Jerry, be mad at him for continuing to employee this mediocre coaching staff.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

If you want to be mad at Jerry, be mad at him for continuing to employee this mediocre coaching staff.
Nice try bringing football talk to a Kaepernick thread

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

I'm mad at him for that too. I think he did the best out of a bad situation. Doesn't mean people don't have a right to be upset though.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm mad at him for that too. I think he did the best out of a bad situation. Doesn't mean people don't have a right to be upset though.

Actually, I think people are silly for being upset at Jerry.

At the beginning of this, people were supposedly upset that the players were disrespecting the flag and anthem. That was the argument as to why this was so wrong. Then Trump goes off calling out the NFL and calling players who protest, "SOBs". So many teams in the NFL decided to show a bit of unity.

Jerry decides they will kneel as an acknowledgement of their understanding of the protest, but will then stand for the anthem and flag during the playing off the anthem to show respect to the flag and a sign they understand the feelings of those who felt disrespected.

And then that pisses people off. Seems to me the issue for some was total BS when they claimed disrespect to the flag. What this really is about is that some people simply can't stand the fact that some of these NFL players have a voice and are speaking out about an issue that they think is important.

Essentially what those people want is the NFL to tell the players to shut up because they are uncomfortable with the message.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Actually, I think people are silly for being upset at Jerry.

At the beginning of this, people were supposedly upset that the players were disrespecting the flag and anthem. That was the argument as to why this was so wrong. Then Trump goes off calling out the NFL and calling players who protest, "SOBs". So many teams in the NFL decided to show a bit of unity.

Jerry decides they will kneel as an acknowledgement of their understanding of the protest, but will then stand for the anthem and flag during the playing off the anthem to show respect to the flag and a sign they understand the feelings of those who felt disrespected.

And then that pisses people off. Seems to me the issue for some was total BS when they claimed disrespect to the flag. What this really is about is that some people simply can't stand the fact that some of these NFL players have a voice and are speaking out about an issue that they think is important.

Essentially what those people want is the NFL to tell the players to shut up because they are uncomfortable with the message.
No people are upset that politics are going into their sports. Some don't like that they kneel for the flag and some don't like any politics in sports period. If they want to protest do it on their own time. People pay good money to watch them play not have a hissy fit and that's all they did against Trump. Because he doesn't care one bit. Something that people never understand. He's probably having a good laugh over this. As I said earlier Jerry did the best he could because if he did nothing the Cowboys would have got blasted from here to kingdom come.

Sydla

Reaction score
No people are upset that politics are going into their sports. Some don't like that they kneel for the flag and some don't like any politics in sports period. If they want to protest do it on their own time. People pay good money to watch them play not have a hissy fit and that's all they did against Trump. Because he doesn't care one bit. Something that people never understand. He's probably having a good laugh over this. As I said earlier Jerry did the best he could because if he did nothing the Cowboys would have got blasted from here to kingdom come.

I guess I don't get it.

I guess I don't understand how people let something they probably never really paid attention to before a game (the anthem) suddenly affect their watching of the games. I mean I might understand if somehow the protest bled into the game itself. Like maybe a player does something in protest after a TD. But the "protest" doesn't carry over to the actual play. It's not affected one way or the other. I mean I get not watching if the play sucks, or you hate the announcer, or shoot, you hate Goodell. But because the players did something that happened before the game even started and frankly, if you are watching on TV, you probably never paid attention to?

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.