Twitter: Jerry: Zeke’s not going anywhere, that was the story of the game

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score

JG "It is important to run the ball" Ummm the game is nearly over and Dak was hot, Cooper was hot, your receiving corp is hot, and we give it to a 100 million dollar back that didn't do nothing all game so we can continue to run the ball?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I don’t know if JG is responsible for that or not.
But the quote is just a cover for him not saying the obvious.....we didn’t trust the defense to even make 1 stop so we tried to run the clock down.

He won’t say this but it’s obvious.

still the wrong call but his motivation for making it isn’t being discussed.

I agree, I know why he did it...and as you said, it was the wrong call. But thisctype of call has been a part of his philosophy since he became head coach.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Jerry is right on that. 90 million ain't going anywhere, especially to the end zone, or beyond 5 yards more then once or twice in a game. Woo hooo!!!!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I wonder if they could trade Zeke by eating a chunk of his salary and applying it to the 2020 cap.

He doesnt have it anymore. Worn down, unmotivated, whatever. This Cowboys OL is one if the best in the league. RBs also need to make guys miss and break tackles. Cook's YAC were significant last night.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JG didnt trust his defense to stop Cousins, so got cute down by the goal line to run clock, because you know he is a coaching genius.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I wonder if they could trade Zeke by eating a chunk of his salary and applying it to the 2020 cap.

He doesnt have it anymore. Worn down, unmotivated, whatever. This Cowboys OL is one if the best in the league. RBs also need to make guys miss and break tackles. Cook's YAC were significant last night.
Last night that O-line was not good at all.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Did you see Saquon Barkley yesterday?
Like 20 carries for a total of 1 yard and then handed Adams the ball on a fumble for a TD.

If Zeke is trash then thank god we don’t have Barkley huh?

Stop sounding like an doofus
I did not see barkley so cant comment on that, except he is on a trash team with a HC as bad as JG.
Dallas is loaded and has one of the better OL
I never said zeke is trash, you did lol. I am just making fun of him saying he was best rb in nfl and should be paid like that.
Dallas pays him like that and he doesnt produce at all unless we are playing the giants or some other weak team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't agree with that. I saw Zeke on the sidelines and he wasn't having fun and he seemed to be attentive to what was happening. There are times when you get shut down...period. It has happened before with Zeke....remember at Denver? 8 totals yards. The problem here is what the offense was doing to adjust was working, and the play-calling changed in crunch time. The question is why? Methinks it has to do with a moronic head coach and OC who lacks experience.
Well your right, it isnt all on ewok, the coaches and the run blocking schemes suck, and they dont do anything innovative with
him. I realize that. But I make fun of him due to him saying he was the best in the NFL, and he isnt.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Did you see what he wrote on the jersey..? "Get yo bag $$$" I tried to find a pic of it but couldn't. I read it last night when they showed them switching jerseys post game. Kind of sums up what the game means to him. At least in my opinion.
I did not see that , or notice, I did see them holding up the jerseys, and that sounds about right, elliot is not a team player,
he wants money and glory for himself, and he is getting that so he is content with games like this.
He has the JG attitude, lets look at the tape and do better, which is a never ending process that gets them nowhere.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
In the fourth quarter with 8 minutes left? Yes, you still have to throw in a run here and there to keep them honest. With under a minute when your QB is slinging dimes all over the field and you're inside the 20?? Jesus, this statement alone when placed into the context of that drive should get this fool launched from a trebuchet straight through the hole in the roof.
LOL I love that , would like to see that ! most people wont know what a trebuchet is , not sure of the spelling, but it is a
weight driven catapult.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah discount everything Zeke has done based off one game. SMH.
I will, he hasnt done anything but garbage stats, and entertain fanboys.
He always disappears and does little or nothing in big games.
If he has big holes to run thru he looks good, but any rb can do that.

superonyx

Reaction score
I did not see barkley so cant comment on that, except he is on a trash team with a HC as bad as JG.
Dallas is loaded and has one of the better OL
I never said zeke is trash, you did lol. I am just making fun of him saying he was best rb in nfl and should be paid like that.
Dallas pays him like that and he doesnt produce at all unless we are playing the giants or some other weak team.
What does having such hatred towards a key player on favorite team add to your life?
I’m fascinated about you guys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What does having such hatred towards a key player on favorite team add to your life?
I’m fascinated about you guys.
it is not hatred , I just dont idolize players.
it is ok to not like him isnt it? some people we like, some we dont.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't know the real numbers, but say 5 million people watched that game. 4,900,000 knew running the ball was a mistake and wouldn't have made the call once, much less twice. What were the coaches thinking? They do this at least 1 game every dang year. "It hasn't worked all game, so they'll never expect us to try it now! I'm a genius!"

superonyx

Reaction score
it is not hatred , I just dont idolize players.
it is ok to not like him isnt it? some people we like, some we dont.
It’s your life. I just don’t understand how dedicating time to bash one of your teams key players and fighting with fans that like their player doesn’t seem like it would improve your happiness in this limited time we have on earth.

I just find it interesting.

RD21

Reaction score
I did not see that , or notice, I did see them holding up the jerseys, and that sounds about right, elliot is not a team player,
he wants money and glory for himself, and he is getting that so he is content with games like this.
He has the JG attitude, lets look at the tape and do better, which is a never ending process that gets them nowhere.
found it.

EJHGy7IWsAMlNhq

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s your life. I just don’t understand how dedicating time to bash one of your teams key players and fighting with fans that like their player doesn’t seem like it would improve your happiness in this limited time we have on earth.

I just find it interesting.
Well I dont fight with anyone , or call them names etc, a guy called me a doofus the other day, I just ignore it lol.
So if I bash elliot dont let it bother you, most will make up their own mind about each player.
I was a dak fan, but all the dak bashers never bothered me.
I enjoy talking about the cowboys good or bad, and there is always some bad, some ignore that, but I cant.