Jerry's made it clear, this is Moore offense

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
In fact, he has Moore reporting directly to him.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ett-status-message-to-Kellen-Moore-128676192/

The Hall of Fame owner is so hellbent on seeing the infusion of new concepts into the playbook that he wants Moore to let him know if there's any resistance.

"I've said this to [Moore]: I want those new ideas," Jones said with a smile. "I want them fought for until the glass breaks. Squeal. Holler. If they're not being implemented, call me, but let's get in here and do the kinds of things we do to get the most out of a very talented roste

I love that enthusiasm Jerry!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I hope you are right!
I am not excited not happy. the next coaching group will lead to the same thing. couple of years of success and then jerry meddling begins and it will be eventual failure....its the same story since Johnson. no coach has a chance in dallas and you have to be stupid and desparate to take the job at this point.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Maybe Moore can have our Boys stumble into the SB which they've should have in the past few years. It's easy for skeptics to be dismissive of the Boys' chances of making it to the SB next season because of their long blue period. It can also be pointed out that a Rams team that clearly wasn't ready for the SB, handled Garrett easily in the divisional round.

The Saints will maintain they were the best team in the NFC. They are as explosive and balanced offensively and as good defensively as any team in the conference. And the Boys beat them during the regular season.

The Rams and Saints should at or near the top of the NFC again next season. Philly should be in the mix along with Chicago and Seattle. But I don't see that happening with post season drought Wentz. An unexpected team or two will rise again.

They always do. But at this moment, it's impossible to pick a favorite. It's also impossible to say the Boys can't be that team. But now that we have a new OC, the Boys may not only stumble into the SB, but could also be that unexpected team.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
tell me one coach outside of Johnson who succeeded under Jerry?

Parcells overachieved with garbage teams. Built a championship quality team that was gift wrapped to Camp Cupcake Master in 2007. He wasted that team. Parcells is way too under appreciated around here.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I will give Moore the benefit of the doubt. Our offense was so porous last year that it’s hard not to be better.
Darn that Moore for sitting their quietly in film sessions, meetings, and during games with all those fancy offensive ideas in his head and keeping them all to himself.

You guys will fall for anything.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe the "resistance" JJ was referring to wasn't regarding Garrett, but players and assistants?

BigD_95

Reaction score
I will give Moore the benefit of the doubt. Our offense was so porous last year that it’s hard not to be better.

sorry I call BS. Too many times week in and week out Dak misses wide open receivers either by missing on throws or by not seeing them at all. Only thing fixing this offense is if Moore has a remote control and can control what Dak does on the field like in Madden. Cause Moore can get guys open all day. It doesn't mean Dak will see them or get the ball to them when he does see them.

Dre11

Reaction score
Ever notice that each off season Garrett’s impact gets reduced in a effort to limit the amount of damage he does. What a long strange trip it’s been.

What impact? Garrett is in the same position since not calling plays, he's involved in Players in the draft, he's in defensive/offensive meetings. Stop making up s

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The cynic in me thinks this is just to keep Garrett safe regardless what happens. Now it's all on Moore.
I think Its the opposite. This is Jerry starting to see that Garrett isn't the guy. This is the last year of his contract and putting Garrett on the hot seat. Garrett is gone if he doesn't make it to the NFC championship game this year

Dre11

Reaction score
I think Its the opposite. This is Jerry starting to see that Garrett isn't the guy. This is the last year of his contract and putting Garrett on the hot seat. Garrett is gone if he doesn't make it to the NFC championship game this year

Lol....thats just you hoping.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is there an organization in major US sports where an assistant coach reports to the owner?

Further, when the owner is making the decisions that HCs often make and now has one of the assistants basically reporting to him, that doesn't bode well for job security if things go south.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Coach/GM/Owner Jerry just reminding us who calls the shots..

I expect to see less Garrett sucks threads this year, probably should pin this thread to remind everyone....

GenoT

Reaction score
My take...

If Moore, who’s obviously Jerry’s new golden boy, is being groomed for the HC job (likely), then he’s not gonna be judged on 2-3 seasons as OC. Jerry, by announcing emphatically that this will be KM’s offense, also takes Garrett off the hook somewhat for any offensive failures and might explain why JG isn’t getting extended at this time.

If KM, in his first major coaching job at any level, hits it outta the park as OC, then maybe Jerry extends Garrett for another year to give KM a bit more experience, after which, KM might then take over the HC job and Garrett possibly moves into a FO role.

However, if KM suffers growing pains his first season, then maybe Jerry extends JG another 2 seasons or so until KM is ready to become HC.

Either way, KM is here for the long-haul and Jerry will have a full season to assess his growth as a coach before deciding on a timetable for replacing Garrett with Moore.

cern

Reaction score
looks to me like jerry's telling garrett don't pull the same crap you did with Callahan. and to a lesser extent to linehan, insisting he call garrett's plays. as for no extension, clearly Stephen's decision. dak remains starter in 2016......Stephen. goodbye dez….Stephen. he's a better gm than jerry. doesn't get attached to players or coaches. who's got moore's back? Stephen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Parcells overachieved with garbage teams. Built a championship quality team that was gift wrapped to Camp Cupcake Master in 2007. He wasted that team. Parcells is way too under appreciated around here.
oh, I appreciated a parcells and I agree, he did a masterful job, not necessarily on the field given final results, but man cowboys were a mess of an organization from top down, no process, drafting sucked, talent evaluation was bad, how you put a team and philosophy together. he gave direction to a chaotic place. he over achieved IMO because we were a really talentless team at the time.

yeah camp cupcake, I remember one of the players got hurt and Jerry demanded no contact practices to preserve the players for the season....