Jerry's system had one inescapable flaw

kskboys

Reaction score
Where do you get this from?

Orlando Scandrick who was just cut from the team a couple yrs ago says th complete opposite of what youre trying to say here. He was on tc with Shannon and Skip saying they couldnt be further from the truth about Jerry. He doesnt butt in, he doesnt go in the locker room and give pep talks, hes not in meetings.

Ever think that maybe JGs time was just over and these players werent hearing him anymore? It happens. Hell even last yr these players were 100% behind Garrett, it changed this yr.
Wade levied fines. Jerry removed them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett did not make the call to abandon Romo for Dak. That was 100 percent Jerry.
I would not say 100% but do feel it was 70%-80% Jerry Jones. There have been counter-arguments suggesting the decision was mostly or completely Jason Garrett's but I remain (very) unconvinced it was primarily his doing.

nobody

Reaction score
I would not say 100% but do feel it was 70%-80% Jerry Jones. There have been counter-arguments suggesting the decision was mostly or completely Jason Garrett's but I remain (very) unconvinced it was primarily his doing.

I think a lot of people were publicly saying "don't switch away from the hot hand" and Jerry listened, then dictated that Dak wouldn't be pulled for Romo, but I think Garrett agreed with that instead of fighting for Romo. I think that lack of effort in fighting for Romo even when he promised Romo his job back and then not even giving Romo the chance to earn the spot back is what created the schism in the friendship of Romo and Garrett.

That's all speculation, but at least the last part fits the circumstantial evidence.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think a lot of people were publicly saying "don't switch away from the hot hand" and Jerry listened, then dictated that Dak wouldn't be pulled for Romo, but I think Garrett agreed with that instead of fighting for Romo. I think that lack of effort in fighting for Romo even when he promised Romo his job back and then not even giving Romo the chance to earn the spot back is what created the schism in the friendship of Romo and Garrett.

That's all speculation, but at least the last part fits the circumstantial evidence.
Yep

Jerry felt publicly he was better off losing with Dak than taking a chance losing with Romo. And he was right. He wasn’t bashed for losing in playoffs with Dak. But he would have been with Romo.

And this is why having an owner wearing both hats is a conflict of interest for Cowboys Football.

The bigger mistake was not letting Romo have a shot at regaining his job the following season in Camp. But again Jerry didn’t want the QB controversy publicly.

Real GM’s go with the best talent until they can’t go.