Video: Jesse Holley totally destroys Jason Garrett and exposes him even further!

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Ooooooohh......oooohhhhh Jesse Holley. Won a reality tv show to get the 80th spot and a rookie contract with the Cowboys. Wasn't all surprising with TO gone and Irvin's backing.

And what an amazing career! Two years, 7 receptions, 169 yds, 0 TDs. Two punt returns for 17 yds.

He had more dirt on Garrett, than TDs! He had more dirt on Garrett than the law allows and was dropped after an illustrious two year career. Sounds like someone who would say anything to get a spotlight.
Damn you mad people speaking the truth on Garret? How pathetic. LOL

johneric8

Reaction score
Correct, but we all suffer from confirmation bias and this thread is a prime example. Most voice that Holley “tells it like it is” and “knows what he’s talking about” because what he says lines up with their own beliefs. Anyone voicing the opposite is “clueless” and can’t be helped.

Me personally as the thread starter I don't need confirmation to understand that Jason Garrett was a failed head coach and couldn't adjust or give us any advantage schematically.

Do you really think I needed confirmation to justify my feelings that Jason Garrett was a bad head coach? Honestly, I would love to hear your answer......

Jesse Holley did give an account of things based on his perspective. Yes he was a back of the bus talent, but most of us are honestly searching for the truth about Garrett and what went on behind closed doors because from the outside looking in, things never added up or made sense. Just like knowing before the season started each and every year who was going to be slotted in all starting positions. Garrett played favorites even though he spouted that he wanted competition at every position! Garrett played favorites and divided that locker room it's easy to see....

I do believe that if you don't see Garrett's shortcomings in general as a head football coach than indeed you are 100% clueless because his actions showed it in the 10 plus years he had a chance to grow into his landry hat that Jerry made for him...

johneric8

Reaction score
Damn you mad people speaking the truth on Garret? How pathetic. LOL
Yes! I don't understand for the life of me that people on this forum will discredit x players or cherry pick their comments to defend the freckled puppet.. It defies logic..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me personally as the thread starter I don't need confirmation to understand that Jason Garrett was a failed head coach and couldn't adjust or give us any advantage schematically.

Do you really think I needed confirmation to justify my feelings that Jason Garrett was a bad head coach? Honestly, I would love to hear your answer......

Jesse Holley did give an account of things based on his perspective. Yes he was a back of the bus talent, but most of us are honestly searching for the truth about Garrett and what went on behind closed doors because from the outside looking in, things never added up or made sense. Just like knowing before the season started each and every year who was going to be slotted in all starting positions. Garrett played favorites even though he spouted that he wanted competition at every position! Garrett played favorites and divided that locker room it's easy to see....

I do believe that if you don't see Garrett's shortcomings in general as a head football coach than indeed you are 100% clueless because his actions showed it in the 10 plus years he had a chance to grow into his landry hat that Jerry made for him...
I don’t think people disagree about Garrett being a failed head coach, but the stuff about him being fake and players not being willing to play hard for him seems to be nonsense. Plus that, Holly was only with Garrett his very first 1 1/2 years as head coach, so he’s hardly an authority on Garrett and how players viewed him over his head coaching career.

_sturt_

Reaction score
ehhh wrong but I am not surprised you tried to create a victim to justify your opinion.
I like smart people. In fact intelligence IMHO is sexy. Princeton's reputation is negotiable depending on whom you are asking so you can only speak for yourself.

So, to be specific, I am talking about our former Head coach Garrett and not some imaginery victim conjured up to make your paragraphs look nice.
"Prejudice":lmao2:

Stay focused...it appears you've "educated" your self into imbecility or you have a "reputation school" me smart complex....

hehe... said the guy who thought it important to introduce Princeton into the conversation in the first place.

And yeah, um... you'll find that I'm not one to make comments about others' intelligence or any other such personal shots because I consider that to be what people do when they don't actually have any substance to offer... otherwise, they would choose substance, instead of deciding their best option is to deflect away from the actual meat of the given discussion, and into an attempt at starting up an insult contest.

Are you prejudiced in any other way? I wouldn't pretend to know, and hey, it's not like we all don't have our biases in life, some reasonable, some not so much, but hopefully mainly in ways that aren't unduly disrespectful to a group of people. Heck, I'll even allow for the possibility that everything you just said, and that your previous post to which I responded was just a one-off, flippant, momentary irrational attempt at coloring Garrett... who just happens to be an Ivy League school guy... as thinking too highly of himself and citing his Princeton education... just that... as evidence of that.

But even granting that possibility, the point remains that when people cite another person's perceived high-level educational attainment as legitimate reason for criticizing that person, it's often a reflection of their own automatic reaction to people who crushed it in their school years... and it's not a good look, any more than it would be a good look to have an automatic reaction to people who didn't.

So, Garrett can use his Princeton connection to get a job but when I do an Autopsy on his coaching demise after he's not resigned I am colored prejudice

Um. Now, that's not only a word salad, that's quite the tossed thought salad. Seems you may have missed that the comment you referenced was talking about a whole other aspect, but you were still stuck on the previous one and worse, seem to think that it's somehow odd that a person's college success might be something employers, even in football, might be interested to take into consideration. Now, that's rich... hehe.

birdwells1

Reaction score
None of this is new from Holley. He’s made these same points, my times. Put him with TO and the handful of other guys who didn’t like Jason. Ten years, 53 guys per year. The fact that you only hear complaints from cancers and fringe roster players is pretty telling.
Not really, what they say is reflected on the field. Not flexible, didn't give us an advantage on Sundays, when we lost it was player execution. Guys like Sean Lee have never played under anyone else but guys like Holley and TO played under guys like Belichick and Andy Reid so its harder to pull the wool over on them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hey now. @visionary is a terrible poster, but he doesn’t ruin the whole forum. Just stay out of the shallow end of the pool and you can avoid him almost completely.

In the COVID Forum posters kept telling someone I had on ignore to shut their piehole. He knew I had him on ignore and spent weeks posting replies to me. Three guesses who it was.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why did he get fired if he's so good?

Why did Belichick, Pete Carroll and Mike McCarthy?

No, I'm not implying Garrett belongs in that group but "never got fired" rules out almost everyone, including Tom Landry.

johneric8

Reaction score
I don’t think people disagree about Garrett being a failed head coach, but the stuff about him being fake and players not being willing to play hard for him seems to be nonsense. Plus that, Holly was only with Garrett his very first 1 1/2 years as head coach, so he’s hardly an authority on Garrett and how players viewed him over his head coaching career.

Brother, think about it for a second! Garrett was never in a million years going to secure a head coaching job for any team without either the jerry ties or his salesmanship! He was able to secure this position by being a great salesman of his vision or for lack of a better word his "PROCESS"... HAHAHAHA...

The reason that so many of us use the word "fake' to describe Garrett is because of his actions. Again, he really wasn't qualified to secure a head coaching job but he bluffed his way into it. Lets also not forget how he threw Wade Phillips under the bus to get the job he wanted. He obviously wasn't at all supportive of Wade and to me that is the pure definition of the fake nature of his character.

Even though Holley isn't an authority on Garrett he echoes what a very large percentage of us have been saying about Garrett for many many years. Put two and two together man, most of us have already called Garrett out years ago for what Holley is now! This is legit news brother, it just is... Things just add up in regards to what Holley is saying, and I don't need to remind you he said nothing that most of us haven't already said..

birdwells1

Reaction score
“So many guys” haven’t. It’s a really short list given how long he was here. Whereas the list of guys who say good things is pretty long.
Thats normal, most guys are going to say good things even about a bad coach.

The results on the field speak for themselves. JG was too inexperienced to get the job to begin with, he needs to work under some more head coaches to see how they do then try it again.

He need to do like Jaimest Winston.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Garrett always thought he was the smartest coach in the field.

I'm confused. Is that a compliment or a criticism?

Give me the head coach who thinks he's the smartest coach on the field, please. Or, better said, don't give me the head coach who is so insecure as to think others are smarter coaches than himself.

Look, I get it that Garrett carried himself in a way that could seem a bit distant and detached. No argument. He had a plastic look to him every time he did a TV show, he had uninteresting and repetitive answers and approaches to answers to the questions fired at him. He was never rude, but he was extremely persistent in not wavering from what he considered to be his principles.

I have no problem with any of that.

What I had a problem with is the same thing that he got fired over... he never could get over the hump and prove himself an above average head coach. Was that his fault? Maybe. Was that the fault of the ecology of The Star and those he was surrounded with? Maybe. Was that the fault of the quality of the players on the field #1 through #53? Maybe. I only have so much information from which to make a judgment and importantly, even though I do have a judgment, I'm careful not to consider my perspective to be especially informed... because it's not. I only see from the outside what everyone else sees.

Maybe in a different context, he has more success. It won't surprise me if he does. And yeah, it would surprise me in a big way if he would have less at his next stop, assuming he gets another shot at it. The things I heard Red say were, for the most part, spot-on, when it came to things like "putting good days back to back," and never looking ahead beyond the next game. In its own way, it was refreshing to see a coach that disciplined and persuaded and committed to the principles he'd figured out were super important to hold on to.

Think I'm done here.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Ignore button is a good thing. In some cases its a great thing.
The thing is, it’s not just one or even a few individuals.

This forum is way out of balance from what it was 7, 10, 15 years ago.

You’d think that having a new coach would maybe set up a fresh slate, but people keep wanting to plow the same fields over and over.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I think he’s handling you guys just fine without help.

You think it’s obvious that McCarthy is a far better coach than Garrett? Aaron Rodgers apparently thinks he has one of the lowest football IQs he’s ever come across. Then again, Rodgers is no Jesse Holley so why should you worry about what he thinks, right?

McCarthy was not my first or second choice.

But he is head and shoulders better than Jason Garrett. How many NFC finals did Garrett get to as HC in his 10 years in Dallas?

Let's not even talk about Superbowls, I'm embarrassed for you.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It seems like a pot of players that couldn't cut it and saying this stuff. Mayne safer emvironment than an active NFL player, or bitter but where's there's smoke there's fire.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brother, think about it for a second! Garrett was never in a million years going to secure a head coaching job for any team without either the jerry ties or his salesmanship! He was able to secure this position by being a great salesman of his vision or for lack of a better word his "PROCESS"... HAHAHAHA...

The reason that so many of us use the word "fake' to describe Garrett is because of his actions. Again, he really wasn't qualified to secure a head coaching job but he bluffed his way into it. Lets also not forget how he threw Wade Phillips under the bus to get the job he wanted. He obviously wasn't at all supportive of Wade and to me that is the pure definition of the fake nature of his character.

Even though Holley isn't an authority on Garrett he echoes what a very large percentage of us have been saying about Garrett for many many years. Put two and two together man, most of us have already called Garrett out years ago for what Holley is now! This is legit news brother, it just is... Things just add up in regards to what Holley is saying, and I don't need to remind you he said nothing that most of us haven't already said..
You seem to think I’m defending Garrett’s coaching, and I’ve said repeatedly that he was not a good coach. I’ve made that point enough, so you need to drop that because you are arguing something I’m not even disputing.