Video: Jesse Holley totally destroys Jason Garrett and exposes him even further!

Kaiser

Reaction score
Brother, think about it for a second! Garrett was never in a million years going to secure a head coaching job for any team without either the jerry ties or his salesmanship! He was able to secure this position by being a great salesman of his vision or for lack of a better word his "PROCESS"... HAHAHAHA...

Garrett's first coaching job was for the Dolphins when he went straight from being a player to a QB Coach at age 39. That wasn't Jerry and that kind of move is a signal that the GM doing the hiring considers the person a bright guy.

johneric8

Reaction score
Garrett's first coaching job was for the Dolphins when he went straight from being a player to a QB Coach at age 39. That wasn't Jerry and that kind of move is a signal that the GM doing the hiring considers the person a bright guy.

Yes, Garrett is a bright guy, but he also has good salesmanship skills, but he really has done nothing to show that he should be a head coach obviously hence no one lining up to hire him.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yes, Garrett is a bright guy, but he also has good salesmanship skills, but he really has done nothing to show that he should be a head coach obviously hence no one lining up to hire him.

I said he should be fired, I'm not defending Garrett, yatta yatta.... but the only HC job available when he was fired was Cleveland and he had the NY OC position three days later. Its just not accurate to say "no one lined up" when he was still under contract to the Cowboys and tampering penalties would have applied.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Why did Belichick, Pete Carroll and Mike McCarthy?

No, I'm not implying Garrett belongs in that group but "never got fired" rules out almost everyone, including Tom Landry.
When they were fired they were no longer effective as head coach of said team. Same with JG only difference is he hasn't been effective for 5 years or so.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I said he should be fired, I'm not defending Garrett, yatta yatta.... but the only HC job available when he was fired was Cleveland and he had the NY OC position three days later. Its just not accurate to say "no one lined up" when he was still under contract to the Cowboys and tampering penalties would have applied.

Everyone in the league knew JG was getting fired, if they wanted him they could've waited until he was let go to hire him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really, what they say is reflected on the field. Not flexible, didn't give us an advantage on Sundays, when we lost it was player execution. Guys like Sean Lee have never played under anyone else but guys like Holley and TO played under guys like Belichick and Andy Reid so its harder to pull the wool over on them.

I don’t agree with your characterization of how our teams have played, to begin with. You’re also ignoring the fact that TO played so many places because, despite immense talent, he was a cancer who was repeatedly let go everywhere he went...for doing exactly what he did in Dallas. Holley is different, but he’s a never-was who’s trying to make a career out of his short NFL career as a backup and ST player. Weight his opinion heavier than you weight the opinion of a guy like Sean Lee if you want to. I think that’s an insane thought process, myself.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the COVID Forum posters kept telling someone I had on ignore to shut their piehole. He knew I had him on ignore and spent weeks posting replies to me. Three guesses who it was.

You’re catnip!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats normal, most guys are going to say good things even about a bad coach.

The results on the field speak for themselves. JG was too inexperienced to get the job to begin with, he needs to work under some more head coaches to see how they do then try it again.

He need to do like Jaimest Winston.

I’m not sure where your getting the data that it’s normal, but for the record, the praise comes from former players and retired players, too. I haven’t noticed players taking things easy on bad coaches like you’re suggesting, much less so many players going out of their way to compliment him both as a coach and as a man.

As for the results on the field, let’s remember his teams won more games than anyone not named Belichick over a span of four seasons here recently. And that he’s got an NFL Coach of the Year award on his mantle. If you’re going to preach “ results,” be fair about what the results actually were.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Everyone in the league knew JG was getting fired, if they wanted him they could've waited until he was let go to hire him.

Yes and no. The Giants clearly could have.

But that is one of four positions. The Commanders went with Ron Rivera very early and Panthers clearly wanted the sharp young college guy so they hired Rhule. The other job was Cleveland that no one in their right mind would take.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Yes! I don't understand for the life of me that people on this forum will discredit x players or cherry pick their comments to defend the freckled puppet.. It defies logic..

Its actually the same logic you used to cherry picked and support your prejudice of Garrett. Had Hoo-Hoo Holley said anything positive of his almost two years with the Cowboy's coach let's just bet you wouldn't have posted anything.

Jerry could give you a different/better perspective on Garrett having known him many more years than your cherry picked idol. Assuming you realize you can't get to know a person in a short time (couple of years), the way you would if you knew them say 20 years.

garyo1954

Reaction score

Too many variables to make the assumption that everybody knew Garrett was being fired. Jason wasn't fired in any case. His contract was just not renewed.

Now Big Mac was hired on 7 Jan. Jason's contract was expiring on 14 Jan. So there was always the possibility that Jerry would find a place in the organization for him. Add that to the fact that Jerry was wavering and the front office was silent on Garrett's future, until Big Mac fell in their lap.

31 other owners/GMs would have made the decision to fire the coach and followed through. And I would venture to say only one team in the history of the NFL has the distinction of having two people with the title head coach on their payroll at the same time (if only for a week), the very dysfunctional Jerry Jones Dallas Cowboys.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I'm no real huge JG fan. Not even a little. But who the F is Jesse Holley?

He's the guy who won the Michael Irvin "4th and long" reality TV show that guaranteed the winner an invitation to the Dallas Cowboys training camp. He was signed July, 2009. On September 4, Holley returned a punt 82 yards for a touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings. The Cowboys released Holley the following day as a final cut. He cleared waivers and was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad on September 6, where he would spend the rest of the year (and get to know Jason Garrett better than any practice squad player ever).

Holley signed a futures contract with the Cowboys on January 22, 2010, after his previous agreement expired at season's end. On September 4, he was again waived at the final cuts and was signed to the team's practice squad the day after. He was promoted to the active roster on October 15 to play mainly on special teams. During that season he was active for 14 games and ranked third on the team with 16 special teams tackles.

For the 2011 season (and career) he made a total of 7 receptions for 169 yards for an average of 24.1 yards per catch. He wasn't re-signed at the end of the year, as he was facing a knee injury.

cern

Reaction score
I'm no real huge JG fan. Not even a little. But who the F is Jesse Holley?
The winner of a Michael irving reality tv series. I have felt no need to unnecessarily denigrate Garrett any further. I'm just glad he's finally gone. Holley has no need to quiet himself as he has no future in the nfl.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's the guy who won the Michael Irvin "4th and long" reality TV show that guaranteed the winner an invitation to the Dallas Cowboys training camp. He was signed July, 2009. On September 4, Holley returned a punt 82 yards for a touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings. The Cowboys released Holley the following day as a final cut. He cleared waivers and was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad on September 6, where he would spend the rest of the year (and get to know Jason Garrett better than any practice squad player ever).

Holley signed a futures contract with the Cowboys on January 22, 2010, after his previous agreement expired at season's end. On September 4, he was again waived at the final cuts and was signed to the team's practice squad the day after. He was promoted to the active roster on October 15 to play mainly on special teams. During that season he was active for 14 games and ranked third on the team with 16 special teams tackles.

For the 2011 season (and career) he made a total of 7 receptions for 169 yards for an average of 24.1 yards per catch. He wasn't re-signed at the end of the year, as he was facing a knee injury.
The winner of a Michael irving reality tv series. I have felt no need to unnecessarily denigrate Garrett any further. I'm just glad he's finally gone. Holley has no need to quiet himself as he has no future in the nfl.
Guys, I apologize for my sarcasm.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many did not and sold him until the very end.

A few proclaimed "guaranteed Super Bowl victory!" when he was hired.

He was/is a huge fraud and it makes sense, the GM is one as well. One thing with fraud men is that they surround themselves with similar frauds.
Any real NFL GM whose job was tethered to winning instead of the cash register, would have fired Garrett after the 2015 season. Keeping him 4 additional seasons with one WC play-off win to show for it is the epitome of dysfunction.

An even bigger indictment is this: Any owner serious about winning a championship would have fired that GM.

HotDog37

Reaction score

I think he will do the same thing in NY that he did in Dallas. He will usurp the current NYG HC within 2 years.