Jets lead league players picked

RonWashington

Reaction score
A league high 7 Jets were plucked off the waiver wire including the backup OT Jerry was kicking the tires who ended up in Atlanta . Does this mean the beast of the AFC East is set to make a deep playoff run … doubtful they make the playoffs .

How many CowPokes were snatched from the bosom of Frisco just to be claimed by a 31 other flavor ? Anyone ?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
None. Our schemes are too dumbed down. No one wants to grab one of our players, then have to teach them professional schemes.

:grin:

RonWashington

Reaction score
None. Our schemes are too dumbed down. No one wants to grab one of our players, then have to teach them professional schemes.

:grin:

I thought and I could be over rating all three that Malik Davis Brandon Smith and Tafua would get a look under the hood by the likes of the bottom feeders around the league needing upgrades or at the least fresh blood . Glad Dallas brought all three back .

RonWashington

Reaction score
One guy the Jets are obviously high on and are keeping is 4th round edge Michael Clemons who recently knocked Tyrod Taylor out of an exhibition game . out of A&M . Anybody mention him pre draft , like his game . I had mentioned Sam Williams pre draft and am so glad Will and the scouts liked him enough to go 2nd .

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A league high 7 Jets were plucked off the waiver wire including the backup OT Jerry was kicking the tires who ended up in Atlanta . Does this mean the beast of the AFC East is set to make a deep playoff run … doubtful they make the playoffs .

How many CowPokes were snatched from the bosom of Frisco just to be claimed by a 31 other flavor ? Anyone ?
It is interesting. Im wondering if FO's and coaching staff feel the Jets cant develop young talent and they can get more out of them.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It is interesting. Im wondering if FO's and coaching staff feel the Jets cant develop young talent and they can get more out of them.

Probably . A team that wins 4 games a yr doing something wrong . Last time they won a SB Neil Armstrong was in the news .

Flamma

Reaction score
Probably . A team that wins 4 games a yr doing something wrong . Last time they won a SB Neil Armstrong was in the news .

That is fascinating. But not only that, it was so long ago that the league's weren't merged yet. That Super Bowl wasn't an NFL title game. All the Jets won was an AFL championship. And bragging rights over the NFL champions because they beat them. But according to the NFL, the Colts still won the NFL championship game.

RonWashington

Reaction score
That is fascinating. But not only that, it was so long ago that the league's weren't merged yet. That Super Bowl wasn't an NFL title game. All the Jets won was an AFL championship. And bragging rights over the NFL champions because they beat them. But according to the NFL, the Colts still won the NFL championship game.

I don’t know about all that it was a sanctioned SB in Miami Broadway Joe promised a win and the Jets won the 1969 SB 16-7 as I recall over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts . In July of that yr Neil Armstrong strolled on the lunar surface .

In October of that year the baseball team that shared Shea stadium with the Jets , the Mets beat the heavily favored Frank Robinson Brooks Robinson Earl Weaver managed yes …..BALTIMORE Orioles …. What’s the chances ??

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t know about all that it was a sanctioned SB in Miami Broadway Joe promised a win and the Jets won the 1969 SB 16-7 as I recall over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts . In July of that yr Neil Armstrong strolled on the lunar surface .

In October of that year the baseball team that shared Shea stadium with the Jets , the Mets beat the heavily favored Frank Robinson Brooks Robinson Earl Weaver managed yes …..BALTIMORE Orioles …. What’s the chances ??

The league's weren't merged yet. The league's weren't merged until Super Bowl V. Super bowl was just a nickname at the time. The official names of those games were AFL VS NFL games. Think of it like if the Super Bowl winner in the NFL played the NSFL champion. The Rams VS Birmingham. The Colts were heavily favored because at the time the AFL wasn't considered as good as the NFL. Green Bay kind of beat up on the first two opponents. So the Jets weren't given much of a chance. But either way, the Colts were NFL champions that year. Not the Jets. The Jets were AFL champions, and won what I consider a bragging rights game.

I think the league has done a disservice by renaming the first four AFL VS NFL games to super bowls. Because they were AFL VS NFL games. By doing this it leads a lot of people to believe they were no different than any other Super Bowl. They were very different.

RonWashington

Reaction score
All I know is Joe Namath and the Jets won the SB what the league behind the scenes called it not relevant . It goes down as a SB win in record books .

The Packers thrashed The Chiefs and Raiders to win the first 2 SB games . And the count continues every year a new SB is added to the first one played .

Ekspozed

Reaction score
The league's weren't merged yet. The league's weren't merged until Super Bowl V. Super bowl was just a nickname at the time. The official names of those games were AFL VS NFL games. Think of it like if the Super Bowl winner in the NFL played the NSFL champion. The Rams VS Birmingham. The Colts were heavily favored because at the time the AFL wasn't considered as good as the NFL. Green Bay kind of beat up on the first two opponents. So the Jets weren't given much of a chance. But either way, the Colts were NFL champions that year. Not the Jets. The Jets were AFL champions, and won what I consider a bragging rights game.

I think the league has done a disservice by renaming the first four AFL VS NFL games to super bowls. Because they were AFL VS NFL games. By doing this it leads a lot of people to believe they were no different than any other Super Bowl. They were very different.
It's literally in the record books jets have 1 sb win but ok.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok it doesn't count as a sb win because you say so lol

I didn't say they didn't win the SB. The games are now officially named super bowls from AFL - NFL championship games. My point was the first four super bowls were different than the rest. And that they shouldn't have renamed those 4 in particular for that reason.