Jets loss: a necessary Evil?

JayFord

Reaction score
The cowboys were coming off 2 straight losses when they played the Jets

if they still need a wake up call to get focused at that point, that’s terrible coaching and terrible player mindset.
They do....

this team is the equivalent of that one friend who just cant do right

nobody

Reaction score
No, its because our idiot coaches decided to get all of our OTs, WRs and CBs hurt for that game. Can you believe those guys?

Other teams win with key players out. Doesn't seem possible with a Garrett team though. No excuses.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know it sucks and may prove crucial playoff wise but I wonder if losing that game gave the necessary wake up call to get them focused.
They came out super focused and aggressive the next week against the Eagles.
If they beat the Jets, maybe they would have been a little too full of themselves and not as dominant against the Eagles?
Who knows, but the team has been playing better since that game.

The Falcons are 2-7. Their two wins are over SB winner Doug Pederson and the immortal Sean Payton.

It's the NFL.

Flamma

Reaction score
I know it sucks and may prove crucial playoff wise but I wonder if losing that game gave the necessary wake up call to get them focused.
They came out super focused and aggressive the next week against the Eagles.
If they beat the Jets, maybe they would have been a little too full of themselves and not as dominant against the Eagles?
Who knows, but the team has been playing better since that game.

It's still early in the season so I can't say anything for sure. But the Cowboys are still starting off slow and making too many mistakes. Dallas was down 12-3 to the Giants. A better team would probably be up 20-3 or 24-3. Dallas needs to be jumping on teams like that, not the other way around.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The two straight games the Cowboys had lost entering the Jets game should have been a wake up call. It’s not like we entered the Jets game riding a wave of momentum.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, its because our idiot coaches decided to get all of our OTs, WRs and CBs hurt for that game. Can you believe those guys?

Yup the audacity to play the best players just to try and get a win.

dwreck27

Reaction score
The Jets loss is going to cost the Cowboys any chance of having a #1 or #2 seed. Dallas will instead go 10-6 and lose to the Hawks in the opening round.
What does that matter??

we’ve proven before that we choke away #1 ans #2 seeds

Just get in the playoffs and win every game thats it

Kaiser

Reaction score
Other teams win with key players out. Doesn't seem possible with a Garrett team though. No excuses.

Name them. I'll wait for the list of teams (with the one exception of the 2017 Eagles) that lost six starters, three of them Pro Bowlers, and still won consistently.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I could never rationalize a loss like that to a "necessary evil". It was an embarrassment, plain and simple. I don't accept the injury excuse either. The coaching staff AND the players own it.
Lastly, I've never bought into the "Garrett is a motivator" BS. A motivated team wins that game.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Jets loss is going to cost the Cowboys any chance of having a #1 or #2 seed. Dallas will instead go 10-6 and lose to the Hawks in the opening round.

Terrible loss.

have to go back to the 1984 loss to the Bills to find a worse loss.

the 84 loss cost us a playoff spot.