Jets may be interested in P. Manning for OC; DAL should be bidding

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Peyton was a pure pocket QB who ran a pro-style offense. How would that help Dak and this offense? Might as well have kept Linehan if one is interested in Peyton Manning as an OC.
Manning has one of the greatest offensive minds of all-time, with the talent to be a pure pocket QB. I'd give him a shot, and if I were Jerry, I'd pay a premium to do it.

Wasn't there a multi-year stretch with the Colts where he was basically calling his own plays?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Yea we’re definitely gonna hire a huge weird under qualified sexy name
This year aren’t we.

Some guru is gonna reshape dak. Lemme pull up my quote from last year when I saw all this coming

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Manning has one of the greatest offensive minds of all-time, with the talent to be a pure pocket QB. I'd give him a shot, and if I were Jerry, I'd pay a premium to do it.

Wasn't there a multi-year stretch with the Colts where he was basically calling his own plays?
Once again, how would Peyton Manning help out Dak and this offense?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Peyton was a pure pocket QB who ran a pro-style offense. How would that help Dak and this offense? Might as well have kept Linehan if one is interested in Peyton Manning as an OC.

I understand this concern.

That being said, Peyton was a master at studying opponents tape, helping develop a gameplan to attack it and also adjusting plays and formations to attack what a defense is doing throughout the game.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
There's nothing in any of those articles that indicates that Manning has any interest in getting into coaching. I have no idea where this idea came from.
The idea is a derivative of the fact that Manning was the guy who picked up the phone and convinced the Jets that Gase was the man for the HC job.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I understand this concern.

That being said, Peyton was a master at studying opponents tape, helping develop a gameplan to attack it and also adjusting plays and formations to attack what a defense is doing throughout the game.
+1.

If Peyton is interested in getting into the coaching game, I'm interested in him being our OC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idea is a derivative of the fact that Manning was the guy who picked up the phone and convinced the Jets that Gase was the man for the HC job.

Then that's an incredible stretch.

Sorry, but the truth is that the networks can't even get Manning to work 3 days a week for half the year in a broadcast booth. For anyone to think that he would instead take less money to go to the never-ending grind of coaching, for less money?

An epic reach.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Exactly. Manning could have just about any job he wants on planet earth. Why the hell would he work for the Jets?
Adam Gase.

They're close.

Manning called the Jets ownership and recommended Gase; it was a big part of the reason they were confident in going with him.