Jets may be interested in P. Manning for OC; DAL should be bidding

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Peyton was a pure pocket QB who ran a pro-style offense. How would that help Dak and this offense? Might as well have kept Linehan if one is interested in Peyton Manning as an OC.

Exactly right. How is he a good fit for our Offense? He might be great as an OC but that would likely mean that we would need to find another QB. JMO

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
For a guy who obsessed about football like none other while he was playing, Peyton Manning has done a pretty remarkable job of staying away from the game since his retirement. He's filmed a couple commercials and recently did a TV series where he breaks down strategy, but those are easy paychecks that take a couple afternoons at most to do. Like other posters have said, he's not even willing to do an TV analyst gig that would have him work probably 3 days a week.

He could have any front office or coaching job he wanted right now - I remember the late Bud Adams was offering him partial ownership of the Titans to come be their GM - but Manning's simply not interested. I mean, if you're turning down ownership of a team to stay retired, you are done.

It's hard to see him staying away from football forever, but if he ever does come back, it's going to be on his terms and in a situation of his choosing. Dallas OC isn't really a job that's going to move the needle.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I live in SF... I just got back online... 29 quotes, apologies to all, I can't respond to each lol.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I can't imagine that Peyton Manning would want to work the hours NFL assistant coaches do even for double or triple the pay of the next highest paid coordinator. Why not make the same money to be on one of the pregame shows?
How about making him an offensive advisor and asst. offensive head coach?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Do you think Garrett’s ego could handle having Peyton Manning in the room telling him how to run the offense?
That is a huge benefit of the possibility of having Manning in the room. I'd love to have Manning tell him to knock off his clapping BS.

erod

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking... not like he is strapped for cash, but if he is interested, I want him in DAL. I mean, who wouldn't?
Do you honestly think Dak could run the plays Peyton called?

Lol, no, he couldn't unless Peyton decided to run the wishbone.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

You're joking right?

Manning would likely design an offense like he preferred. Basically an offense focused on pre snap reads and accurate timely throws

What on Earth makes you think that would work with our current QB?