Jetswire: Jets should call Cowboys about trade for DLaw

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I would trade Dlaw to the Jets for 2 first round picks all day, every day.
A few things I would have to consider:

1. Do I think the Cowboys will be serious contenders this year?
2. Would adding ET improve those odds?
3. Will the team add ET?
4. Am I willing to pay DLaw $20 million per season next year?

If I am not going to commit to DLaw (which the team wasn’t willing to do) and I don’t think the team has a great shot at making a run (or making a move to give them a better shot) then trade DLaw. It’s getting value back instead of letting yet another player walk away with nothing to show for it in return.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If an official trade offer was made from the Jets involving two 1st round picks for DLaw it would be difficult to turn down. Also worth considering is the Jets draft in the top 18 picks since they typically don't make the playoffs.

The Cowboys have tons of cap space next year but this would also insure it would be easier to keep their own FA's.

Tough decision but I'd take the deal. Four 1st round draft picks in the next 2 years sounds awesome to me. Then I'd call Seattle and get Thomas here ASAP.

Flamma

Reaction score
They would have to be. 2 top 15 first round picks and then pay the guy 18 million a season? They would have to be really dumb.

This is what the patriots do it. Once a guy gets really greedy they trade him away for more picks. This is how they stay good for a long time.

I agree 100%. I think it would be dumb for any team to do. I'm not sure why more teams don't use the non exclusive franchise tag. You never know when you'll get a bite. Someone might be dumb enough.

Jipper

Reaction score
Lol. Fans want to trade a young, proven pass rusher for a CHANCE at a young pass rusher.

Technically they want to trade for a chance at TWO young pass rushers....

2 first round picks in the top 15 next two years would give us a big time safety net in case dak flames out....

I love dlaw but in reality he has had 1 food season and cost a 2nd and a 3rd....if you could flip him for 2 top 15 firsts it's a no brainer even if he plays at the same level for the next few years.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I would offer a 1st to Oakland for Mack and a 3rd next year for Thomas. Front office has thrown these picks away in the past. Worth it to know what you are getting have a chance at the big dance THIS year! I think Thomas has 3-4 excellent years left.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
Lol. Chaz Green is a contract we like to give out...a “prove it” deal.

Chaz Green has become the Leon Lett of the OL. He'll never live it down. Trade or release him. It's the most merciful thing the front office can do at this time. They can never put him in a real football game again. Why is the front office making EVERYONE continue to suffer in this situation?

They should have quietly made the transition in the offseason without attention

Jipper

Reaction score
I would offer a 1st to Oakland for Mack and a 3rd next year for Thomas. Front office has thrown these picks away in the past. Worth it to know what you are getting have a chance at the big dance THIS year! I think Thomas has 3-4 excellent years left.

How can you say they have thrown away the picks? Dallas has been one of the best drafting teams in the 1st round for the past 5 to 6 years....Smith Fred zeke Jones Martin to name a few

Dwight

Reaction score
Technically they want to trade for a chance at TWO young pass rushers....

2 first round picks in the top 15 next two years would give us a big time safety net in case dak flames out....

I love dlaw but in reality he has had 1 food season and cost a 2nd and a 3rd....if you could flip him for 2 top 15 firsts it's a no brainer even if he plays at the same level for the next few years.

Indeed.

Plus if D Law was traded that would free up cap space as well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember DLaw almost single handily destroyed our entire OL last week in practice. Seem only injuries can keep him from a monster year. Of course, that would also mean the floor of his 2019 contract neg would probably be $20M.